Review Find Someone Who Loves You Like Freo Loves Alphabet Stadium - Rd 20 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Corbett did OK but how would we feel about continuing to play Hamling and getting Chappy to play role Corbett played today?

Defensive efforts today were much better than I've seen in ages. Didn't pay full attention to the first half, but moments like that spoil from Aish at the end of the game were suberb.

I posted on the game day thread that today should be the minimum effort every week.
Take the game on , play with some dare. Supporters can generally forgive skill errors if they can see these things.
So many positive performances today. Pearce , Switta , Caleb. Ras made a few blues but to me he is the inside bull we want.
Next week give us the same effort and attack the ball and the man With intensity. 💯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also for all those that have been commenting in the Peel Thread that Hamling is cooked/done and dusted/should retire, I think we should acknowledge after this game that he can still be relevant at the highest level, even though he might not perfectly fit the gameplan?
Hamling was solid today but I think he’s going to be a victim of the list spot squeeze.
If it’s a choice between him and Sturt it’s a no brainer for me who to keep - Sturt every time.
Cox will probably be back next week too, wonder will they drop hamling or Hughes for him

Hayden Young went with Dangerfield all day. Foward, back, middle and tagger. Young can do it all. Impressive coaching move.

On this, he kept Dangerfield to just 16 disposals (at 62% efficiency). While Young had 19 disposals.

Young playing the shutdown, tagging role could be the biggest revelation from this win.

In these remaining games, I wanted the coach to trial Young as a midfielder. But Longmuir said 'hold my beer...' 🙂

Main points
  • To borrow a basketball term, Treacy is such an outside the box score player. Just such a positive impact on almost everything he does
  • Pound for pound, Amiss has to be one of the strongest players going around. He has absurd strength for his build
  • Alex Pearce being able to move is a different beast, what a ******* game
  • Win was as much attributed to the bottom 12 player lifting than anything, full team performance
  • Sturt is such a smart natural forward BUT if he wants his spot to be a lock that needs to be 3.1 instead of 1.3
  • If we are being honest, some very fortunate things (umpiring and injuries) helped get us over the line but the boys put everything into that so I dont care.

Treacy is really showing some good signs, holding his marks and thinks through his passes. Really crashed the packs also.

Pearce was incredible, Geelong were very good at isolating their guns in good positions, we could have easily been smashed if he hadn’t played so well.

Liked Wagners game also, gives good but not dumb drive.
Really agree with Treacy. He is one of the talls that I notice really brings the smalls into the game with deft taps here and there to bring the ball to ground. I think investing in him long term is going to pay off.

Also for all those that have been commenting in the Peel Thread that Hamling is cooked/done and dusted/should retire, I think we should acknowledge after this game that he can still be relevant at the highest level, even though he might not perfectly fit the gameplan?
Perhaps the game plan needed a tall to lock down the opposition third forward?

As long as everyone else was being very attacking.

Why do I feel like you have already volunteered for that job? 😉

Starship Troopers GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back