Preview Pre-game discussion - Collingwood vs Essendon Anzac Day 3.20 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you're referring to Cox because he's certainly rucked every game he's played this year.

I do find your Dawes comparison interesting but there circumstances are hardly similar.

Dawes came through all the elite junior pathways, was a highly touted junior who only slipped in the draft order due to a knee injury, generally played with Cloke and Brown type support tall forwards and 2010 (his 4th year on the list) and 2011 (5th) he was playing in a GF quality level side.

Cox has always played as KF/ruck, has just started his 4th year playing footy, full stop, and has never had the quality support Dawes had or the played in a side that's a patch on our 2010-2011 sides. He'll never be a high possession player but he's already match Dawes highest ever goal output of 4 goals.

If by seasons end, he can be averaging 10 possessions or more, 5-6 marks or more, 1.6-2.0 goals, along with his 10-20 hitouts, I'd say he's played his role, in much the same way Dawes did, just in a different way which is as you'd expect given its a different role.
On what Cox has shown this year his chance of averaging that at seasons end is very small

On what Cox has shown this year his chance of averaging that at seasons end is very small

Difference is I haven't ruled out the potential, whereas you're so anti-Cox that you seem to be hoping he doesn't. Says more about you as a supporter than it does about Cox.

Difference is I haven't ruled out the potential, whereas you're so anti-Cox that you seem to be hoping he doesn't. Says more about you as a supporter than it does about Cox.
Lol. I am so anti Cox because after 4 weeks were he fails to kick a goal I think there is no chance he will kick 36-44 for the season. But yeah you are a great supporter because you believe he can kick 44 goals in the next 18 weeks

I see all the Bombers flogs are here to tell us how good they are!

Sounds similar to what I read on the Adelaide board last week Kirby.

This game is a toss of a coin IMO......should be a cracker.

Think this is a war between Key position strength vs Midfield strength.

I think you guys are a bit green at either end and our mids will be able to negate enough to take the chocolates but that's just me.

Think it'll be a great game lads.

I think you guys are a bit green at either end and our kids will be able to negate enough to take the chocolates but that's just me.

What about Bellchambers the blokes a spud how is he going to match Grundy?

Lol. I am so anti Cox because after 4 weeks were he fails to kick a goal I think there is no chance he will kick 36-44 for the season. But yeah you are a great supporter because you believe he can kick 44 goals in the next 18 weeks

I believe, ha.... I hope. Big difference. Has managed 2 goals or better in about half his games to date so with only marginal improvement could do it but you feel free to wallow in your pessimistic doom and gloom.

I believe, ha.... I hope. Big difference. Has managed 2 goals or better in about half his games to date so with only marginal improvement could do it but you feel free to wallow in your pessimistic doom and gloom.
You are better living in the real world. I would be happy if we get 20 goals out of him for the season

Grundy v Belly should be a real point of advantage you'd have thought tho

Bellchambers has played some average games against us but also has had a couple of rippers. What's his form like at the moment? Is Leuenberger someone who could be included for this match?

You are better living in the real world. I would be happy if we get 20 goals out of him for the season

Not sure what world you live in but the real would doesn't rule out potential growth in individuals, it promotes that potential as something to aspire to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what world you live in but the real would doesn't rule out potential growth in individuals, it promotes that potential as something to aspire to.
Kicking 20 goals is realistic growth, he has shown over the opening month that it’s not realistic to think he will kick 44 goals this year

Kicking 20 goals is realistic growth, he has shown over the opening month that it’s not realistic to think he will kick 44 goals this year

Your taking the absolute extremity of a range provided just to be an arse and make yourself feel clever yet 30-40 goals could still potentially happen.

Poster of the Essendon board, saying they’re a possibility they could be looking a losing to all of Freo, Dogs and pies in the first 5 weeks.
In his words, 3 of the shitest sides In 2018!

I would have thought if Essendon does in fact lose to all 3 of these sides, it would put them fair and square in the category of one of the s**t sides.

your judging on the 4 games this year...im comparing overall....anyway either its gunna be a ripper and i cant wait til next weds:)
If we are going overall then none of the players listed, including Pies players, are fit to tie Pendle's shoe laces.

Coaches player of the year 2013
5 x All Australians
5 x B&F
Norm Smith
Multiple top 3 finishes in the Brownlow
Premiership player

Your Essendon blokes aren't a sure thing to even acheive half of that in their careers. Heppell is 26 and only has 1 All Australian. As i said not fit to tie Pendle's shoe laces.

If we are going overall then none of the players listed, including Pies players, are fit to tie Pendle's shoe laces.

Coaches player of the year 2013
5 x All Australians
5 x B&F
Norm Smith
Multiple top 3 finishes in the Brownlow
Premiership player

Your Essendon blokes aren't a sure thing to even acheive half of that in their careers. Heppell is 26 and only has 1 All Australian. As i said not fit to tie Pendle's shoe laces.
not comparing mate.....pendles is a lot slower now and hepps can match him...in pendles prime....no one would get near him...hes a star...one of the best ever in my books.....js

Your taking the absolute extremity of a range provided just to be an arse and make yourself feel clever yet 30-40 goals could still potentially happen.
And pigs will fly, Afghanistan could also win the upcoming test against India. Just blindly believing the improbable will happen doesn’t make you a better supporter than anyone else

Bellchambers has played some average games against us but also has had a couple of rippers. What's his form like at the moment? Is Leuenberger someone who could be included for this match?
Pretty average tbh. He's okay as a release option and takes a few contested grabs but don't think he'll be able to compete with Grundy athletically. Think he's okay with his tap work but still think we're behind there. Leuenberger wont get a look in thank gawd. He's like a giraffe on heat

I think you guys are a bit green at either end and our mids will be able to negate enough to take the chocolates but that's just me.

I need to score. Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back