Preview Pre-game discussion - Collingwood vs Essendon Anzac Day 3.20 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol come on guys seriously. Every club has their bad fans and good fans, no club is perfect. I think we should stick to discussing the match rather than bagging fan bases.

It will be super important our pressure is high, if we are slack and lazy then Essendon will get us on the outside. Pretty confident we will win contested ball, biggest worry for me is their forward line.

Bomber fans is there any truth behind Fantasia being injured?

STEPHENSON, What a great game he played last week, that must be pretty exciting for your mob, kid looks like a genuine future gun.

Midfield battle which was being spoken about is in your favour no question in my mind, even though Wells and Adams are out.
Ours has Myers in it and lets face it, other than his last game he has been crap, Bellchambers got beaten by English against the Dogs, a kid who is light as hell and played less then 10 games. Grundy will destroy him.
Zaharakis has been really soft around the contest, Goddard has had some shocking turnovers, Merrett has had a really slow start to the season
Parish and McGrath are still young and inconsistent.
Daniher this year has been crap I'm still waiting for him to start the season off, Stringer has played 1 good game in 4.

So I have no idea how we will perform, so many inconsistent players.

I'm really worried about Grundy, Sidebottom and Pendles and more so if it's raining, funny how it's the midfield battle which concerns me most, I wish I shared the same optimism as some of my fellow bomber supporters, but when relying on Bellchambers, Myers and Zaka, hoping McGrath and Parish have their good games, just doesn't fill me with confidence.

STEPHENSON, What a great game he played last week, that must be pretty exciting for your mob, kid looks like a genuine future gun.

Midfield battle which was being spoken about is in your favour no question in my mind, even though Wells and Adams are out.
Ours has Myers in it and lets face it, other than his last game he has been crap, Bellchambers got beaten by English against the Dogs, a kid who is light as hell and played less then 10 games. Grundy will destroy him.
Zaharakis has been really soft around the contest, Goddard has had some shocking turnovers, Merrett has had a really slow start to the season
Parish and McGrath are still young and inconsistent.
Daniher this year has been crap I'm still waiting for him to start the season off, Stringer has played 1 good game in 4.

So I have no idea how we will perform, so many inconsistent players.

I'm really worried about Grundy, Sidebottom and Pendles and more so if it's raining, funny how it's the midfield battle which concerns me most, I wish I shared the same optimism as some of my fellow bomber supporters, but when relying on Bellchambers, Myers and Zaka, hoping McGrath and Parish have their good games, just doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'll counter.
Stephenson was very good last Friday night.
But he has played only 4 games. We cannot expect him to repeat that performance again this week.
In fact he had not troubled the scorers in his first 3 games.

I agree we have a midfield advantage & we will need to press that advantage home hard to win the game.
If you guys even halve the midfield battle then I don't see us getting the chocolates.
Bombers have the clear advantage at both ends of the ground. Hurley & Hooker as quality tall backs & Daniher along with the speed of Fantasia & McDonald-Tipungwuti up forward. Fantasia got off the chain last year, but that was more about our horrible defensive structure of pushing up too high & allowing your quick guys 20 meters in the clear behind our structure. This seems to have been fixed this year & I don't think we will expect you guys to get the easy goals you did last year. You should have to work hard for them this time. I have a feeling this game is going to be a classic Anzac day contest. Would have loved to have Elliott & Adams out there. Still hopeful Moore plays but not likely.

Your mids can win the ball all they like, but if they're forced to kick it more often and rush their disposals, then Essendon can hurt Collingwood on the rebound if they turn it over. Skills are important.

The wet weather against Adelaide suited Collingwood very well because skills by foot were not as relevant. If it is dry, then I'd expect for Essendon to have the upper hand, albeit very slightly. If i
From SEN - but put down our win due to it being wet if you want......

"The Pies are the highest handball team so they're flicking it around a bit more. When they do kick it they’ve gone more direct – they’ve gone from 16th to 2nd and they're kicking the ball longer so there is a clear style change in the way they are moving the ball the footy.

"They clearly have the lowest kick to handball ratio this year."
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04...ctural-changes-that-have-boosted-collingwood/

Your mids can win the ball all they like, but if they're forced to kick it more often and rush their disposals, then Essendon can hurt Collingwood on the rebound if they turn it over. Skills are important.

The wet weather against Adelaide suited Collingwood very well because skills by foot were not as relevant. If it is dry, then I'd expect for Essendon to have the upper hand, albeit very slightly. If it is wet, then Collingwood will have the upper hand.

Collingwood do have a stronger midfield than what we do, but bizarrely, ours perform pretty well against the pies.
Essendon website predicting 17 and showers:

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.56.16 am.png

So question going forward. Who makes way for:

Elliot
Wells
Moore
Fasolo
Adams

I’m guessing:

Elliot - brown
Wells - Stephenson/Aish
Moore - Langdon
fasolo - Crocker
Adams - ?

Elliott - Crocker - Upgrade
Wells - Phillips - Class
Adams - Brown - Brown will get into the side and stay in soon but this is the change I feel will happen.
Moore - Cox - I would play Moore forward and go back if needed. Our defence has been good the last 2 weeks.
Fasolo - Langdon - I know its a forward for a defender but we have Moore who can go back if needed and even someone like Varcoe off half back.

I think our side looks good like this:

B - Maynard Dunn Sharenberg
HB - Murray Howe Crisp
C - Treloar Pendlebury WHE
HF - Wells Moore Sidebottom
F - Elliott Reid Fasolo
R - Grundy Adams DeGoey
INT - Aish Varcoe Stephenson Thomas

Elliot
Wells
Moore
Fasolo
Adams

I’m guessing:

Elliot - brown
Wells - Stephenson/Aish
Moore - Langdon
fasolo - Crocker
Adams - ?

Elliott - Brown
Wells - Phillips
Moore - Cox
Fasolo - Crocker
Adams - Aish

The more I look at it the Moore I'd rest players... (ahem)

Makes so much sense to have Moore, Adams, Fasolo(?), Wells(?) and even Blair (yes!) come in fresh and hungry against the Tigers. It means our backline is still settled but we have some good users and good contested ball winners in against a strong Tigers side. Makes it so much more interesting.

I'm still 50/50 about whether we can get up against Bombers. If it's wet then it certainly helps us. But April 25 is such a toss-of-the-coin (pardon another pun) win.

The more I look at it the Moore I'd rest players... (ahem)

Makes so much sense to have Moore, Adams, Fasolo(?), Wells(?) and even Blair (yes!) come in fresh and hungry against the Tigers. It means our backline is still settled but we have some good users and good contested ball winners in against a strong Tigers side. Makes it so much more interesting.

I'm still 50/50 about whether we can get up against Bombers. If it's wet then it certainly helps us. But April 25 is such a toss-of-the-coin (pardon another pun) win.
My worry is Hurley.

I think we need to bring in Moore to make him unaccountable defensively, not sure i have 100% faith in Reid or Cox to put enough pressure on him.

The blokes averaging 26 disposals a game and generates the majority of their attack. Cant allow him to do what he wants all day. Think Moore is the only in for that reason for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliot
Wells
Moore
Fasolo
Adams

I’m guessing:

Elliot - brown
Wells - Stephenson/Aish
Moore - Langdon
fasolo - Crocker
Adams - ?
On a positional basis...
Elliot - Crocker
Adams - Brown
Moore - Langdon or even Maynard
Wells - Aish or Phillips
Fasolo - Stephenson

Lol come on guys seriously. Every club has their bad fans and good fans, no club is perfect. I think we should stick to discussing the match rather than bagging fan bases.

It will be super important our pressure is high, if we are slack and lazy then Essendon will get us on the outside. Pretty confident we will win contested ball, biggest worry for me is their forward line.

Bomber fans is there any truth behind Fantasia being injured?

he has apparent groin soreness, could potentially miss up to 2 weeks but not yet 100% confirmed

some of your mob praying hes injured is pretty ordinary...

he has apparent groin soreness, could potentially miss up to 2 weeks but not yet 100% confirmed

some of your mob praying hes injured is pretty ordinary...

Who is praying bud?

C'mon mate no one is praying he's injured. Just hopeful we don't have to face him. Take it as a compliment.

Love that avatar Ricky......what year was that again? :)

Who is that bloke behind Lethal?

62ff6f98c46888f5c09ded3a2b4ffa83.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back