Gary Ablett crying a river over Crowley's tactics

Remove this Banner Ad

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cry me a river Ablett, complaining over Twitter over Crowley's tactics, he does EXACTLY what every other tagger does. You dare say Ling didn't hold onto any of his opponents? You obviously dislike Crowley and you let your feelings get the better of you. Well done to Alex Silvagni for shutting him up with his reply.

Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134243/default.aspx

1. No love lost
Fremantle was happy at Ryan Crowley's shutdown job on Chris Judd (17 disposals), who'd averaged 33 possessions at Patersons Stadium against Freo while a Blue. Judd spent a bit of time complaining to the umps about the treatment from Freo's tagger, and found some love in cyberspace with Gary Ablett tweeting early in last night's match: "Crowley is a joke. Play the ball not the man! That's why Lingy was such a great players he ran both ways." Tweet war loomed when Alex Silvagni shot back with: "whatever gets the job done Gaz!" Twits at dawn, anyone?

That's pathetic by Ablett. I actually hope he gets up for next week now so Crowley can go straight to him and give him one. This will be another story that get blown out of proportion.

Good on Silvagni for shooting back.

The biggest joke I ever heard was this junkie footballer who's responsible for the death of a fan and didn't serve any time for it.

So unfair! I will put my pink nail polish on and put my umbrella up now. FFS, have a look at Hill and Fyfe tonight getting targetted. They tried to smash Fyfe's shoulders on numerous occasions then Ablett cries foul for what Geelong did so well when he got his medal.

Great job Ryan Crowley, votes from me!!!!

Stop being a Pussy GA, you are a beach bum now.

I'm a massive fan of Ablett, but for some reason whenever we're involved he seems to often embarrass himself, it's quite clear he has a fair bit of hate towards us and if it's purely because of Crowley's niggle in the past then he's just a petty fool.

Someone like Gaz Jnr should really know better, the day footy players give twitter the arse the better (actually that goes for everyone!).

So unfair! I will put my pink nail polish on and put my umbrella up now. FFS, have a look at Hill and Fyfe tonight getting targetted. They tried to smash Fyfe's shoulders on numerous occasions then Ablett cries foul for what Geelong did so well when he got his medal.

Great job Ryan Crowley, votes from me!!!!

Stop being a Pussy GA, you are a beach bum now.

This is what pisses me off the most, these guys are man-handled and scragged almost every second of every game for no reward, yet soon as someone wants to rough up the golden boy Juddy everyone is up in arms, despite the FACT he's a known thug.

Equality and the AFL is certainly an oxymoron :thumbsdown:

Hold your horses guys, we don't know that Abblet posted it.

If I see his lips moving on tv, read a quote in a newspaper or hear him on a radio interview then it's probably credible, but a #tag on twitter, well it could be anyone.
Do you know how Twitter works?
It's obviously him since it came from his account. If it wasn't he would have deleted or cleared it up.

Funny, when you consider that two of ablett's teammates (Brown and Rischitelli) have both been eyegouged by Judd!

I thought Crowley did a good job. Stuck to Judd like glue and really minimized
his influence. As for the 'tweet' by Gary, totally unprofessional and he really
lowered his standards by saying that. disappointing Gary.

I thought Crowley did a good job. Stuck to Judd like glue and really minimized
his influence. As for the 'tweet' by Gary, totally unprofessional and he really
lowered his standards by saying that. disappointing Gary.

Really disappointed with Ablett for this. I totally respect him as a player and a person. This is well out of order and he should be severely reprimanded by the AFL. Of course if Crowley made a similar post about Ablett complaining that he dives to get free kicks then he would be punished by the AFL.

Andrew you big fat, double standard dealing, money grubbing monster it is time to treat all players the same and punish Ablett for this unprovoked outburst. I can bet that the boys are going to punish the Gold Coast next week.

Ablett, you sold out your club,fans and team mates for money. Crowley did a great job And actually played a better game running the other way.

Gold Coast-be ready for a pissed off Mr Crowley and the rest of the team to boot. Ablett, you had better be playing next week because if you don't and make slanderous remarks like that you would be weak as piss!

Who cares what Gary Ablett thinks, maybe if we told him that Crowley was paid a bonus for keeping Judd under 15 possessions he would understand that kind of talk. $$$

Just hope that it is a catalyst for us to have a blinder against them and Crowley kicks a bag and scores Brownlow votes.

I thought Crowley did a great job on Judd, although Judd get some crucial clearances late in the game when it got close.
He didnt try to hurt him by slinging him or tackling him hard into the ground, he just was very close to him all night.
It was good to see them talking and smiling after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty fair to say its nothing to do with Judd....

Ryan has obviously been able to get under the skin of crybaby Ablett previously and this is the best cheap shot he could think of....

More respect for Crowley now. Played a great game last night (and got plenty of niggle aimed at him too, but just kept at the job...) I just wish he got a bit nastier:thumbsu:

Seriously, what is the fascination for FFC from GC players. First Trent Mackenzie (Who???) and now Gablett. Seriously, worry about your own team. I hope we tear them a new one next week.

Pretty fair to say its nothing to do with Judd....

Ryan has obviously been able to get under the skin of crybaby Ablett previously and this is the best cheap shot he could think of....

More respect for Crowley now. Played a great game last night (and got plenty of niggle aimed at him too, but just kept at the job...) I just wish he got a bit nastier:thumbsu:

I think he saves nasty for West coast and now Gold coast

If I were Crowley, I'd take it as a compliment! He has obviously somehow gotten under Ablett's skin and he hasn't even played on him yet this season. Can't wait to see this match up next week now!

Massive sook, but hope he's not fined. AFL players should be allowed to speak their minds.

This.

I love the way that players are allowed on twitter and interact with the fans outside the game.
It is a massive privilege for both us and them to be able to Tweet their thoughts and opinions. As long it's all PC I don't have a problem with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back