Review Geelong defeats Port by 60 points.. Great team win!!

Remove this Banner Ad

What can you say? Brilliant team performance from the boys yet again. Beating St Kilda by 10 goals who were top 4 at the time and 4 days later beating top of the table by the same margin is astounding. I love that in both games we never dropped our effort and intensity even in the dying minutes when the game was done and dusted. Hawkins is in beast mode. Guthrie, Duncan and Menegola are just so consistent at the moment. Danger’s return to this middle tonight was a raging success with some outstanding field kicking, broken tackles, clearances and some ripping marks for good measure. Honestly I could single every player out for something, the entire backline are on fire, the midfield is clicking, even Rohan managed 3 snags after taking the backseat to Hawkins early on. It’s incredible how well the boys are holding up with all the short turnarounds and we’re now in an amazing position to finish top 4 and give it a shake in the finals for yet another year. Love this club!

I like footy.
Well you work to earn a living
But on weekends comes the time
You can do what ever turns you on
Get out and clear your mind
Me, I like football

loving roving tommy!!

Great all round team performance
Obviously Tommy was huge
Danger back in the middle and to his best, well supported again by Guthrie, Menegola and Duncan all having great years.
Stanley and Blicavs combo again very good, curious if they will stick with that or if they'll have a look at Jenkins or Sav as 2nd ruck again
Defence was superb, especially Henry, Taylor on Dixon and Henderson
Great week of footy with 2 huge wins, go cats!

Blitz did some great work stepping through traffic tonight and getting the ball out.
Hawk - unstoppable.
Taylor - the galloping giraffe shut down Dixon
Guthrie - another good game.
Danger must have heard me telling him to lower his eyes, because he started hitting targets left right and centre!
Henry - really good.
Just a great team effort. What a shame we've come up against 4 teams in a row that were having a poor night.

Don't you dare think Adelaide will be an easy game. That's got the potential to be a danger game if we think like that.

Who said that?
1- Salty Hawks fan although most have respect for us begrudgingly.
2 - Satly Tugger fan
3 - Salty Tugger fan
4 - Salty Tugger fan.

I'll have Salty Tugger fan for 1500 thanks Jeopardy style

GO CAtters

Great team win here.

Flogged them.

Got nothing from the commentators.

Saints were poor, Port were Poor.... Brisbane were poor.

But we knocked them all off... never we are any good lol. They are hating this but in the words of Teddy...Stick it right up em!!

Hawkins in career best form.
The whole team is on fire right now.

Credit to the fitness and recovery staff fore keeping them all runing out games.

Menegola, Guthrie, HT, Henry, Bews, Hendo, Fog, MOC, Stanley, Blitz, Rohan all good. Not the A list stars doing all the heavy lifting. Fair to say even the whipping boys firing well.

Just a great team effort and now a 9 day break as well to take breath.

Go Catters

The Geelong Cats just aren't that good, hey Clarko?!

To me the pressure and setup has been influenced by Grigg. The way we seem to finish off teams reminds me a bit of them.

On the players.

Rohan is almost a copybook if you want to teach someone to kick at goal. Is he happier at Geelong than he was at the Swans? He seem a different player.

Hawkins is right in the zone. 6 goals in this day and age is like ten when GAsr was playing.

Danger looked like he had been ona holiday for two weeks.

Henderson is doing all he can to ensure he on some sort of list next year.

Simspson would be unhappy, he looks like he was just starting to get happy ast the level.

Joel slightly better but is on light duties really., and I say take it easy captain you have a tattslotto win of credits in the bank

Stanley breaks even in the ruck and we look a more offensive team

Blitz should be used by Ford to advertise the Ranger ute.

Henry just wants to do his role and got done one ona 50/50. ..that kid Georgiedaes is a good one

Fogarty just chips in... on and on..

Overall across the ground a high level even effort. Port off their tucker tonight i feel ...but the numbers would be worrying. Thats a lot of wins for us since 2007.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a week to be a Geelong supporter. Started with a 10 goal smashing of the team who were in 2nd at the time, and ended with a 10 goal demolition of the team on top.

F**k I love this team!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back