Geelong Exceptionalism

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Geelong's very best year was 2008.

2. Hawthorn beat that Geelong team in the 2008 premiership.

3. Hawthorn's team in 2008 had none of the quality of the Hawk's team of 2012-15;

4. The Hawks were not competitive in 2009 and 2010 and had to build a new team and they built a better one.

5. So the 2008 Hawthorn team beat the Geelong team of 2007-2011 when Geelong were at it's strongest and the Hawks were not yet near full strength and;

6. Some people say had Geelong and St Kilda's best players been 5 years younger I'm sure they would have been as dominant as Hawthorn during 2012-15

7. But had the 2013-2015 Hawthron team arrived 5 years earlier Geelong might only have one premiership - the 2007 one - in that period.

The above points have been made by posters far smarter than me, and i owe them a debt in paraphrasing their contributions.

But point's 6 and 7 are debatable at best.

At worst, points 6 and 7 are completely fanciful and just about jealousy.

So why do Geelong supporters keep creating threads and making posts that challenge and undermine the legitimacy of the Hawks threepeat?

Why? When we don't go about arguing how the Cat's era of 2007-11 was a mistake, accident, etc. Sure we defend our threepeat, but we don't generally go about arguing the Cat's 2007-11 was a total fluke.

Why are you cat's so nervous, sensitive, jealous, of the threepeat.

Surely you don't need to continuously bring down the Hawks team to compensate.
Ridiculous thread. The Cats of 2007 to 2011 would smash the 2012-15 Hawks. Ridiculous.

6 and 7 are not debateable - they were from different times with different players. Yours was during a period when the talent pool was diluted, the Cats did it against genuinely strong teams in St Kilda and Collingwood.

P.S. Why are you posting about Cats posting about Hawks?

No, we dont need another Hawthorn/Geelong thread. There are plenty of them floating around.

Search function is your friend OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back