Review Geelong knocks off Swans by 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gives me a wry grin.
The Bews our crowd, will again be shown to be wrong on Thursday.

He will be in and is in our best side.

I don't mind him in and have been happy with him but if Scooter is to remain (he needs to especially with Menegola out) and 2y has to return someone has to come out. It's either Henry or Bews. I'd keep both and leave 2y out personally as I see 2y more competing for the Clark role who while up and down is going to be an all time great for us.

I don't disagree SimD; just saying I wouldnt want to be the one wielding the axe in this scenario.

I'm with you that our midfield is our most vulnerable line; gotta get Parfitt back into the senior line-up asap; happy for attrition and form to rule when selecting between the likes of Constable, Menegola and Scott Selwood, none of whom I am particularly bullish about.

Why ? - hes had a very ordinary year - nothing exciting about him being an inclusion

Now Scooter is back in the fold - Menengola to come back in

Parfitt has had a back injury the past couple of weeks - i think he has to do what Scooter and Parsons had to do - play some real good games in the 2nds - Parfitt is no automatic inclusion from an injury

Why ? - hes had a very ordinary year - nothing exciting about him being an inclusion

Parfitt has had a back injury the past couple of weeks - i think he has to do what Scooter had to do - play some real good games in the 2nds - Parfitt is no automatic inclusion from an injury

Yea I like Parfitt but I'm sick of the in and out s**t with him this year. And yes he's not been great when in. I'm prepared to play Parsons/Simpson/Nark and have consistency.

Parfitt has had a back injury the past couple of weeks - i think he has to do what Scooter and Parsons had to do - play some real good games in the 2nds - Parfitt is no automatic inclusion from an injury
Yep average sort of form this season,needs to lift to cement a spot,he's in the bottom pack at the moment but has the tools to force his way back in.

The 6 tackles a game as an inside defender has been his significance to the team and gameplan.
It's him or SSelwood in that role, unless they let Parfitt loose again to play his previous (natural) attacking role.

I'm prepared to play Parsons/Simpson/Nark and have consistency.
Not sure you'll get consistency from those 3.
There are spots in this side up for grabs. Stanley v Smith most notable. Scooter v Parfitt is another.

Rohan, Menegola, Tuohy in
Atkins, Parsons and Henry out.

We're better with these changes.

I don't disagree with the fine - just think it's pathetic when you consider that they have ignored staging over the previous 18 weeks, including some brilliant efforts by Ben Brown & then the Melbourne player on Saturday night where it was impossible to tell if there was any contact yet threw his head back & got a cheap shot on goal

They should fine those who stage - just frustrating that they don't more often
Blicavs one of the worst I have seen. I would be fine if he was suspended for that

I think one of the guys getting 3 votes might raise a few eyebrows...

And damn, Joel seems very unlucky

SYDNEY v GEELONG
10 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
7 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
6 Tim Kelly (GEEL)
3 Zac Smith (GEEL)
3 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
1 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)

Also, is it taking the piss that Dawson is nominated for goal of the year - he did well in the lead up to the kick but surely the gig should have been up when the ball deflects off the post

SYDNEY v GEELONG
10 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
7 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
6 Tim Kelly (GEEL)
3 Zac Smith (GEEL)
3 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
Smith in the votes, but no Joel Selwood.
What bloody Job Experience foreign exchange student have we had doing the votes for Geelong over the past few weeks?

Smith in the votes, but no Joel Selwood.
What bloody Job Experience foreign exchange student have we had doing the votes for Geelong over the past few weeks?

Might have been Longmire who gave him 3 votes:
Scott gave his votes to Hawkins (5), Duncan (3), Kelly (4), Dawson (2) & Danger 1
Longmire goes Hawkins (5), Duncan (4), Kelly (2), Smith (3), Dawson (1)

or are you just meaning the Geelong games in general?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 30 Bounces

Clark 25 wing
Parsons 22 (17w, 5i)
J.Selwood 21 (4w)
Kelly 19
S.Selwood 17 (9i, 8w)
Dangerfield 15
C.Guthrie 14 (4w)
Ablett 10 (1w)
Duncan 5
Miers 2 wing

Rucks:
Smith 22
Ratugolea 7
Blicavs 1

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au)
Kelly 3
Dangerfield 3
Smith 3
J.Selwood 2
Ablett 2
Ratugolea 1
C.Guthrie 1

First Half - 14

Clark 12 wing
Parsons 10 (5w, 5i)
J.Selwood 10 (3w)
S.Selwood 10 (5i, 5w)
Dangerfield 8
C.Guthrie 8 (5i, 3w)
Kelly 7
Duncan 5

Smith 12
Ratugolea 2

2nd Half - 16

Clark 13 wing
Parsons 12 wing
Kelly 12
J.Selwood 11 (1w)
Ablett 10 (1w)
S.Selwood 7 (4i, 3w)
Dangerfield 7
C.Guthrie 6 (1w)
Miers 2 wing

Smith 10
Ratugolea 5
Blicavs 1

Notes - pertain to the 11 analysed games this season and those from previous years:
- Most ever starts for Parsons, Clark & Miers
- Clark attended the most bounces for the side for the first time. Kelly (4 - all outright) and Joel Selwood (4 - 2 of those tied) lead the group, with Cam Guthrie (2, 1 tied), Duncan (2 - both tied) and Menegola (1 - tied).
- Most starts for Ablett since Rd 20, 2018
- First time since Rd 2, when he filled in down back to cover an injury, that Duncan hasn't finished in your top 6 mids
- First time this season that Cam Guthrie hasn't finished in your top 6 mids

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 30 Bounces

Clark 25 wing
Parsons 22 (17w, 5i)
J.Selwood 21 (4w)
Kelly 19
S.Selwood 17 (9i, 8w)
Dangerfield 15
C.Guthrie 14 (4w)
Ablett 10 (1w)
Duncan 5
Miers 2 wing

Rucks:
Smith 22
Ratugolea 7
Blicavs 1

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au)
Kelly 3
Dangerfield 3
Smith 3
J.Selwood 2
Ablett 2
Ratugolea 1
C.Guthrie 1

First Half - 14

Clark 12 wing
Parsons 10 (5w, 5i)
J.Selwood 10 (3w)
S.Selwood 10 (5i, 5w)
Dangerfield 8
C.Guthrie 8 (5i, 3w)
Kelly 7
Duncan 5

Smith 12
Ratugolea 2

2nd Half - 16

Clark 13 wing
Parsons 12 wing
Kelly 12
J.Selwood 11 (1w)
Ablett 10 (1w)
S.Selwood 7 (4i, 3w)
Dangerfield 7
C.Guthrie 6 (1w)
Miers 2 wing

Smith 10
Ratugolea 5
Blicavs 1

Notes - pertain to the 11 analysed games this season and those from previous years:
- Most ever starts for Parsons, Clark & Miers
- Clark attended the most bounces for the side for the first time. Kelly (4 - all outright) and Joel Selwood (4 - 2 of those tied) lead the group, with Cam Guthrie (2, 1 tied), Duncan (2 - both tied) and Menegola (1 - tied).
- Most starts for Ablett since Rd 20, 2018
- First time since Rd 2, when he filled in down back to cover an injury, that Duncan hasn't finished in your top 6 mids
- First time this season that Cam Guthrie hasn't finished in your top 6 mids
Hi there. I've asked previously but don't think I got a response: do you have the whole season in .xls format (or similar)?

Nice way for your side to run into some timely form..with the buzz word atm being "momentum" Tom Hawkins was outstanding, So was Scarlo's "Misfits" at the back..I would have loved to have seen Sydney chase Scarlo more so than sign Longmire for another 3 yrs..Longmire been fully sussed by the industry footy strategists and even though the younger blokes at the Swans show potential..i dont believe Longmire can go any further then he has..But I love Scarlo's work as a backline coach and he's senior coaching material without a doubt.. He thinks outside the square...love his work........Just thought having Tom H & Stevie J up here it's like getting the band back together again! (aka Blues Brothers!)..but seriously your younger players like Jordan Clark, Gryan Miers, Mark O'Connor etc unbelievable stuff..and of course the old firm of Selwood, Ablett and Taylor etc.....they showed plenty of solid pressure around the contest when the game needed to be won in that 3rd term.
Kudos to Chris Scott..he's such a smart,football minded person who has done a tremendous job getting you guys back to the upper echelon ..Tom Hawkins was super cool, and really humble in the rooms on Sunday night..after the big milestone week..he's such a nice bloke..anyhow enjoy some snaps we took...and good luck come September hey...

ffg12.jpg

ffg1.jpg

ffg4.jpg

ffg8.jpg

ffg14.jpg

Might have been Longmire who gave him 3 votes:
Scott gave his votes to Hawkins (5), Duncan (3), Kelly (4), Dawson (2) & Danger 1
Longmire goes Hawkins (5), Duncan (4), Kelly (2), Smith (3), Dawson (1)

or are you just meaning the Geelong games in general?
Geelong votes in Geelong games.
Where's Selwood?

SYDNEY v GEELONG
10 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
7 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
6 Tim Kelly (GEEL)
3 Zac Smith (GEEL)
3 Jordan Dawson (SYD)

Hell yes he was. May have been his best game of the year ball use (hitting targets) wise. I thought he was our best or behind Hawkins only.

Geelong votes in Geelong games.
Where's Selwood?
Don't think you should be taking them so seriously. They probably just come up with them in 10seconds when someone hassles them to give some votes.
"Yeah Tommy's 250th give him the 5"
"Dawson kicked that goal. Yeah that'll do"

I don't disagree with the fine - just think it's pathetic when you consider that they have ignored staging over the previous 18 weeks, including some brilliant efforts by Ben Brown & then the Melbourne player on Saturday night where it was impossible to tell if there was any contact yet threw his head back & got a cheap shot on goal

They should fine those who stage - just frustrating that they don't more often

Blicavs got nailed because it was the most pathetic effort at staging for some time...a woeful performance.

It looks as though I rate Parfitt more highly than most - I rate him as a talented kid who uses the ball well and tackles very very well - he's still learning the ropes and has his ups and downs; could take the first option more often rather than trying to beat 2 or 3 opponents every time, but generally I think his ceiling is way higher than either Scott Selwood or Menegola.

S. Selwood was solid on the weekend but it remains to be seen if his body can hold up for any length of time.

Menegola always worries me. He's strong and a decent mark for a midfielder, but he takes an age to decide what he wants to do with the ball and he doesn't add as much defensively as either S. Selwood or Parfitt.

I might have inadvertently implied I consider Parfitt an automatic inclusion; I do not, but I do definitely rate him more highly than Scott Selwood or Sam Menegola.

Yea I like Parfitt but I'm sick of the in and out s**t with him this year. And yes he's not been great when in. I'm prepared to play Parsons/Simpson/Nark and have consistency.

Of the 3 you nominated, I'd take Narkle, Parsons, Simpson, in that order. But I'd have them all behind Parfitt. Actually Narkle I like a lot but I can't see him breaking into the team at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back