Geelong: why are they just not good enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would replace ratugolea's "kicking" for the statistically proven, deadly accurate kicking action of the one and only Mason Cox.

What???

You mean here :arrowright: #2,416?

You did no such thing.

You said if you extrapolated the percentage of victories in away games for those years you would have made the finals. That's an entirely different thing to being on the road (in the air) each week and making the finals in real life.

See what I mean about lies and damn statistics?

Oh and in case you don't understand because I didn't include a gif or pic (as you lamented in #2,509) - here ya go.

View attachment 961618

You're welcome.

sorry but the use of the word ‘percentage’ means that’s exactly what I said, for anyone that has the most remote idea of comprehension.

You’ve been belted mate. Stop digging further down.

sorry but the use of the word ‘percentage’ means that’s exactly what I said, for anyone that has the most remote idea of comprehension.

rolleyes.gif

Is that really the best you can do?

We all know what the word percentage means, it's your bankrupt argument that makes no sense in the real world.

If only you had an ounce of humility within you. Then you'd be able to admit you were wrong, but since you never do, you obviously don't.

View attachment 961780

Is that really the best you can do?

We all know what the word percentage means, it's your bankrupt argument that makes no sense in the real world.

If only you had an ounce of humility within you. Then you'd be able to admit you were wrong, but since you never do, you obviously don't.

We all know what bankrupt means.

my argument is broke and can’t pay out its loans.

that’s what you meant right?
Why would I admit I was wrong when I wasn’t?

fact: based on percentage of games won away from KP, the cats would, over a 22 game season, make finals every year.

fact: the decent sides with an interstate advantage in recent years win most of their matches at home. In one case, over 90 per cent, in another, close to it.

So why would I admit I was wrong when basic numbers show that I am right?

merely changing the goalposts repeatedly, and saying ‘you’re wrong’ and trying to win an argument via poking holes in the minutiae of the language used rather than the argument itself, doesn’t suddenly make you right.

Oh I'm sorry did i not fill out a 400-page stat dec form to stipulate exactly what period I was talking about in order to specify that we aren't talking about their figures in the VFA era, or the period before we actually remembered how to play - which co-incides with when critics have accused us of only making the finals based on our 'cheat ground.'?

Do i need to post an essay each time just so the people who can't follow a fairly straightforward linear argument are certain of the exact parameters of what I am talking about, lest I be told that I've 'lost'?

Oh I'm sorry did i not fill out a 400-page stat dec form to stipulate exactly what period I was talking about in order to specify that we aren't talking about their figures in the VFA era, or the period before we actually remembered how to play - which co-incides with when critics have accused us of only making the finals based on our 'cheat ground.'?

Do i need to post an essay each time just so the people who can't follow a fairly straightforward linear argument are certain of the exact parameters of what I am talking about, lest I be told that I've 'lost'?
This whole thread is just people making baseless blanket assumptions, nothing we say can change their view and they're going to actively try to poke holes using semantics in anything you say. The whole thing is a thinly veiled troll thread which is why it only gets bumped when the Cats lose a game.

Whatever blows your hair back dude. I don't care enough about it to keep going around in circles with you.

The overall message I was trying to convey in my first post in this thread (#2,445) was to say that Geelong should do better in finals this year because of the reasons I outlined. Why Geelong fans have jumped down my throat about what was initially a positive message is beyond me.

shrug.gif

Whatever blows your hair back dude. I don't care enough about it to keep going around in circles with you.

The overall message I was trying to convey in my first post in this thread (#2,445) was to say that Geelong should do better in finals this year because of the reasons I outlined. Why Geelong fans have jumped down my throat about what was initially a positive message is beyond me.

View attachment 962237

I don’t disagree tht playing at the Gabba heaps will help us. I just disagree with the notion that you alluded to - and I’ve not actually said that YOU personally subscribe to that theory - that we only make it because of KP.

the figures reflect that we DONT just make it for that reason. That’s as simple as I could put it

Since 2011 flag:

6x Top 4 finishes in nine years. That is an amazing run over a long period.

Now 4-12 in finals

Something not quite right about it
I had a feeling this thread would pop back up. It’s become mental, they have a severe case of the finals yips. SO much high end talent, not translating to ultimate success. It’s kinda sad, really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a feeling this thread would pop back up. It’s become mental, they have a severe case of the finals yips. SO much high end talent, not translating to ultimate success. It’s kinda sad, really.
Definitely mental and the club just cannot get over it ,it seems.
Surely something must change?

I think it comes down to two problems:

* Lack of support for Hawkins. Their small forwards tend to be inconsistent and they don't have a real second tall. Kind of hurts them as too much pressure is on him, and it showed tonight.
* Too methodical ball movement. Against the weaker clubs it holds up well enough but against the good clubs it seems a bit too easy to break down through absorbing I50 pressure and fast rebounds the other way.

I wonder if there's also a mental block there.

* Lack of support for Hawkins. Their small forwards tend to be inconsistent and they don't have a real second tall. Kind of hurts them as too much pressure is on him, and it showed tonight.
* Too methodical ball movement. Against the weaker clubs it holds up well enough but against the good clubs it seems a bit too easy to break down through absorbing I50 pressure and fast rebounds the other way.

Since Hawkins kicked 0.5, I don't think he had a lack of support

They lack of a genuine 2nd tall is hurting them come finals time. They rely on danger to be that player but he also needed in the midfield to even up the midfield battle. Speaking of they lack a bull inside mid. This is probably why they chased Crouch.

I like interesting stuff in footy and this is just utterly perplexing. All year long they take down the top teams. It’s not like they’re flat track bullies.

People have suggested it’s Kardinia Park. No KP this year, still a top 4 finish.

Something just changes at finals time. It’s not tangible. It’s fascinating.

I hope no Geelong supporters actually come in here because I’m not trying to hang s**t on them. I’m just fascinated.

Nailed it
Definitely need more support for Hawkins .
As a result their fwd line becomes predictable and easily shut down when time and space are at a premium during finals.
Hence their low scores during their post season runs
Its Also without doubt mental now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back