Opinion Geelong's Decision re. Dangerfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Over the years one thing that is common place on the AFC board is the speed we all show to condemn or criticise decisions that our club makes. The club is not aggressive enough when trading, the club got screwed, we should have challenged that decision. It goes on and on. Selection committee need to be replaced. Lets remove our coaches. When ever something goes against what we perceive is not right we all call for heads to roll.

I was wondering what would have happened on this board if Danger had still been playing for the AFC and the club decided to make the same call that Geelong made today and decided not to challenge the MRC's decision.

Geelong simply went about their business, made a decision and it wasn't the end of the world......but it would have been if the AFC had made the same decision.

Interesting. Maybe we need to learn to chill out a bit.

AFC have said in the past that it's not worth the resources to challenge these MRP decisions because it's unlikely that they'd be overturned.

I would have been completely fine with them not challenging it because they were never going to succeed. Pin the arms, slam the guy's head into the deck resulting in the player being unable to play out the game due to concussion - you take the week and say thank you, sir.

Agreed but it was more about the reaction of us supporters and how aggressive and passionate we react when its something we don't like or agree with.
I asked Stevo on Twitter how his appeal was going.

That maybe true but I am talking about how our posters would have reacted.
Have you read what the Geelong fans have said about the Dangerfield suspension ?? Have you spent time on other club boards after something significant is announced ?? There is just as much melting and drama and utter bullshit posted on every board. We are no better or no worse than every other bunch of fanatical footy fans. What goes on here on Big Footy is a lot different to what happens at club land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was super soft, being offered 2 down to 1 for what he did. But what he did also was enough to warrant a week. So they did the only thing they really could have done, and accepted it. No way you risk losing your best player for 2 weeks for something that was almost definitely not going to be overturned.

There would have been no point appealing it.

It was a suspendable offence, I had no doubt when I saw it that it was a dangerous tackle and deserved to be suspended. The only question I had was whether the AFL would intervene and let him off because it was Dangerfield, but thankfully that didn't happen.

I was the same when Walker was suspended, just take the penalty and move on.

Have you read what the Geelong fans have said about the Dangerfield suspension ?? Have you spent time on other club boards after something significant is announced ?? There is just as much melting and drama and utter bullshit posted on every board. We are no better or no worse than every other bunch of fanatical footy fans. What goes on here on Big Footy is a lot different to what happens at club land.

I am happy to continue to watch the AFC board but I don't think I could handle having to read other club's boards. It just might become all too much.

if I was a Geelong supporter I would have wanted the Club to challenge with a Ben Hur campaign because I feel the Afel would have preferred to work some sort of dismissal on appeal. However if Danger was still playing for the Crows in South Australia I would pray we take what was offered and keep our heads pulled in on this side of the border.

Over the years one thing that is common place on the AFC board is the speed we all show to condemn or criticise decisions that our club makes. The club is not aggressive enough when trading, the club got screwed, we should have challenged that decision. It goes on and on. Selection committee need to be replaced. Lets remove our coaches. When ever something goes against what we perceive is not right we all call for heads to roll.

I was wondering what would have happened on this board if Danger had still been playing for the AFC and the club decided to make the same call that Geelong made today and decided not to challenge the MRC's decision.

Geelong simply went about their business, made a decision and it wasn't the end of the world......but it would have been if the AFC had made the same decision.

Interesting. Maybe we need to learn to chill out a bit.

Maybe it was a pretty obvious decision to make. We don't crack it over the right decisions either.

Maybe it was a pretty obvious decision to make. We don't crack it over the right decisions either.

Trouble is we don't know what is the right decision and besides many would crack it even if its this right decision but they refuse to admit it. If you really believe that we don't crack it if its the right decision then I am surprised given the time you allocate to this board. I've been part of this board for the same length of time as you but you have 10 times the posts that I do so you have invested a lot more time here. I cant understand why you have never seen people go off even at the right decisions. In most cases people tend to make a definitive comment when they actually don't know the facts. No different to what is happening with Lever. People are getting really upset about him no signing when no one really knows what is going on. They are all speculating but in doing so they are also getting so pissed off. Things like f&&k Lever let him go he can piss off we don't need him......yet we don't know for sure if he is leaving.
I guess its all good fun but people should calm down a bit and when the announcement is made then can spit the dummy. I know I will at that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back