No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing as annoying as watching the umpires gift the cats an undeserved victory, is listening to Bruce add 'aye' to the end of his sentences.

"How about that, aye. I haven't seen a fisting like that since my last trip to sydney, outstanding effort...aye."

I think it's 'eh' not 'aye'. Sorry to nitpick but as the son of a Scotsman there's only one way to pronounce 'aye' there laddy.

Last edited:
Just to show that swings and round a bouts exist. Cats fans celebrate win over port, wake in the morning to read the price of meth to rise due tho seizure of one million dollars of the stuff overnight.

Smiles.

Devastating news for the two blokes in that Subway pulled pork ad.

By the sounds of it Geelong gifted another win. Hardly a mention in the media. No doubt it will be glossed over by the AFL as it has for the past 10 years. I would love to know how many umpires other than that corrupt oxygen thief dog turd licking POS McBurney that are on Geelong pay roll.

I thinks it's 'eh' not 'aye'. Sorry to nitpick but as the son of a Scotsman there's only one way to pronounce 'aye' there laddy.
My Grandmother was Scottish, I remember her sister coming over to Australia while I was in my early teens and being told that I was wonderful da boot!

My Grandmother was Scottish, I remember her sister coming over to Australia while I was in my early teens and being told that I was wonderful da boot!

I dinnnae ken that!

So is it an official AFL timekeeper on the shot clock? And what is the rule for when the countdown starts?

Did Dixon get the 15 second warning from the umpire?
I can't find the shot clock rule anywhere in the rules, l may have missed it but if l haven't how can that be?
Must be an afl hidden rule gem to cover their collective executive fat cat backsides. l would also like to know
when the clock starts and the umpire should be near the mark in front of the kicker so if he is not heard he can
at least be seen to be calling 15 seconds or play on. Someone find the rule.

By the sounds of it Geelong gifted another win. Hardly a mention in the media. No doubt it will be glossed over by the AFL as it has for the past 10 years. I would love to know how many umpires other than that corrupt oxygen thief dog turd licking POS McBurney that are on Geelong pay roll.

Why aren't the umpires held to account like the players?
The whistle blowers segment of the AFL site is a joke, and the AFL media is even worse. The headline saying that both coaches agreed that the Dixon play on decision was correct is a joke. What could Hinkley say without feeling the wrath of the AFL coming down on him, not to mention a massive fine.
There will never be transparency in any sections of the AFL, they can't allow criticism as that would expose their many faults.

I do not like Port Adelaide, but the umpiring effort cost them 4 premiership points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dixon decision was simply not on the spirit of the game, whether it was a correct decision or not is irrelevant. Once a player starts walking in i thought the shot clock becomes redundant. Clearly he was walking in as the ump called play on. Thats just not right. What happened to blowing time off so the player can take as long as he wants? Another bullshit gimmick from the afl to please their sponsors.

Get 35 disposals and look good doing it, even if you can't kick. That's how you win a Brownlow, right? :rolleyes:

(If you don't believe me, look at the past seven winners - Judd, Swan, Watson*, Ablett, Priddis, Fyfe, Dangerfield.)

* "Winner" on the night.
This post almost deserves an IP ban. ;)

The whistle blowers segment of the AFL site is a joke, and the AFL media is even worse. The headline saying that both coaches agreed that the Dixon play on decision was correct is a joke. What could Hinkley say without feeling the wrath of the AFL coming down on him, not to mention a massive fine.
There will never be transparency in any sections of the AFL, they can't allow criticism as that would expose their many faults.

I do not like Port Adelaide, but the umpiring effort cost them 4 premiership points.

I heard on the radio this morning that the person that controls the shot clock is not from the AFL but supplied by the stadium. Draw your own conclusions ;)

The only thing as annoying as watching the umpires gift the cats an undeserved victory, is listening to Bruce add 'aye' to the end of his sentences.

"How about that, aye. I haven't seen a fisting like that since my last trip to sydney, outstanding effort...aye."

He started it a few years ago... drives me nuts too !!

The volume of holding players and throwing/dropping the ball was insane at times yesterday. Hell, Robbie Gray should have gotten a few free kicks in the last few minutes alone. Amazing that 3 umpires can't do something about it tbh.

The fact that theee umpires couldn't pay a 50 to Bruest last week highlights their incredible incompetence.
Of course the media haven't focused on that because it was indefensible.
Anyone learning a living in the AFL industry knows they cannot afford to tell the truth or they will be ostracized like Grant Thomas.

Corruption reigns supreme.

I remember when the great Scum coach Injecting Jimmy Hird, said that Scott MacClaren didn't look after his side. The $10 000 fine soon turned into the $10 000 bribe. It was a joke.

The fact that theee umpires couldn't pay a 50 to Bruest last week highlights their incredible incompetence.
Of course the media haven't focused on that because it was indefensible.
Anyone learning a living in the AFL industry knows they cannot afford to tell the truth or they will be ostracized like Grant Thomas.

Corruption reigns supreme.

I haven't been following the news this week. What was the umpire review of this error? It came at an important time in the game as it could have been a last gasp momentum swinger for us. I assume post game that Clarko had something to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back