No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port simply got robbed, always disappointing to see the umpires be the deciding factor in a result.

Anyone who says umpiring can't affect the result of a game doesn't know what they are talking about. All that was missing tonight was the gift wrapping and the bow.

Surely if a player takes a mark and is hurt the clock stops and gives him a chance to get up. Just another example of where a rule change made because of the actions of one or two players misses the mark.

That's my thoughts. I don't mind the 30 second thong under regular circumstances but when, as you say, a player is sore after a contest or when say a pack falls on top of the player who takes the mark, surely the marking player could be awarded at least a few more seconds.
By the time Dixon got on his feet and started to walk back to his mark, almost 15 seconds had already lapsed. Another example of a new rule being poorly structured

036435-lance-franklin.jpg

Geelong have been doing it for years.

Selwood 6 frees for! The AFL need to add an amendment to their Ducking rule, which states Selwood is exempt from the duck being considered as prior opportunity.
They've already done this (not just for Selwood, obviously, but for ducks, dips, shrugs that ride legit tackles high).

The fact that the umpires are still being stooged by players hasn't been mentioned by any media yet.

Similar thing happened to Gunston last week

Remember, before there was 'freekickhawthorn' there was geelong

I don't know if it's just me but we seem to get called to move the ball on very very quickly compared to others or so it seems

I didn't notice the one for Gunston but I'd like to see it again to see if Charlie was actually moving forward as he was called to play on.

To me it looked like something that the cats planned for and I suppose having that huge clock counting down just to the left would help them in letting the umps know. I just don't think I've ever seen that before - unprecedented

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver platter for the handbaggers again. I'd be filthy if I were a Port supporter.

I don't know if it's just me but we seem to get called to move the ball on very very quickly compared to others or so it seems
Yep. I thought I was the only one, thought I was going insane and picking the most inane things. Prime example was against the scum, didn't give us a second to blink.

Is Chris Scott the most cringiest coach going around. They should let him wave the pom poms in the coaches box and open the windows so that his abuse at the umps can be better heard

He brown noses the media like very few in the league though. That makes it all good.

So is it an official AFL timekeeper on the shot clock? And what is the rule for when the countdown starts?

Did Dixon get the 15 second warning from the umpire?

And, had he taken the first step of his run up. I guess we'll never know. Howener, I do know the AFL would like to sweep lots of decisions from this game under the carpet. The geelong defenders continued what they have been doing for decades, arms around the forwards to stop them marking. One of the worst umpiring displays I have seen for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back