No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, so he could lead for the ball & we'd kick it high to Puopolo instead???

Hardly seems worth the $1.1m, I'd rather bank the cash & put it toward Dingley or buy some more pokies...

He's on big coin but not as much as you just said.
His salary wasn't really the point of my post

Why, so he could lead for the ball & we'd kick it high to Puopolo instead???

Hardly seems worth the $1.1m, I'd rather bank the cash & put it toward Dingley or buy some more pokies...
Come on mate, we would not have lost these 2 games had we managed to get Lynch into the B&G.
He takes the best defender so we are better off.
He can take a contested mark, and with BB, that is 2 in the forward line when BB floats through. Better off and Poppy can crumb the ones Lynch doesn't clunk.
We don't need Cegs as a KPF. ATM, better off
He kicks goals and with decent delivery to him, as opposed to what he was getting from the Suns. I suspect he'll be a good show for the Coleman if not injured.
I'd love him at Hawthorn, we threw the lot at him but couldn't get him.

So last year we had The Holy Trinity rammed down our throats. And now they have The Wolfpack? Absolutely vomit inducing.
Media are kissing their arses because they conceded the fewest points of any defense last year. Of course the fact they play on EASILY the easiest ground in the league to defend doesn't factor into considerations it seems! Go checkout their 2018 MCG record for points conceded and its a different story.

Come on mate, we would not have lost these 2 games had we managed to get Lynch into the B&G.
He can take a contested mark, and with BB, that is 2 in the forward line when BB floats through. Better off and Poppy can crumb the ones Lynch doesn't clunk.
He kicks goals and with decent delivery to him, as opposed to what he was getting from the Suns. I suspect he'll be a good show for the Coleman if not injured.

We wouldn't have lost those two games if we didn't have Lynch and had less injuries...

Agreed with all that you’ve said mate; however, my post didn’t relate to his level of talent. My issue is that we’d probably not kick it to him (on the lead) anyway.

Tongue in cheek / satirical comments mate - no need to stress.

backline must be feeling left out of the "nicknames club".
They were first to name themselves the Misfits, that is unless the Holly Trinity beat them to it. Three lines, three nicknames. Can only wonder if the coaches department call themselves something, Tree of knowledge? Where would it end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put the Dermie mentoring St Kilda forwards into some perspective -

Gubby Allan is now employed by St Kilda in a consulting capacity. He first came across Dermie when he was footy manager at Collingwood under coach Leigh Matthews and Dermie had transferred from the Swans. At Collingwood Gubby saw how smart Dermie was and he saw how he unofficially mentored the young Rocca when they were both playing on the forward line (teaching him how and where to lead, how to play forward etc). He transformed Rocca into a decent footballer.

Later Gubby is footy manager at Brisbane (Leigh said he wouldn’t accept the Brisbane coaching position unless Gubby came too). There was a young forward called Jonathan Brown who had enormous potential but was pretty clueless about the finer elements of playing as a forward. Gubby got Dermie up to Brisbane and he spent a lot of time with Brown in the early days and the rest is history. Basically Dermie has the ability to teach young footballers footy smarts. Gubby thinks he’s a genius.

Then jump ahead another decade - Gubby Allan is footy manager at GWS and the mastermind behind the recruitment of that club’s young talent. Guess who GWS (read Gubby) engages to coach the brilliant young forwards, especially Cameron.

So early this year St Kilda recruits Gubby Allan - and why wouldn’t you bring Gubby into a young club because basically there’s simply no one better at what he does. And take a guess about who at St Kilda has driven the decision to get Dermie to the club to coach the forwards - to teach them footy smarts. A really clever decision, but certainly not one the old St Kilda hierarchy would ever have made.

Last edited:
Agreed with all that you’ve said mate; however, my post didn’t relate to his level of talent. My issue is that we’d probably not kick it to him (on the lead) anyway.

Tongue in cheek / satirical comments mate - no need to stress.
All good Brant, Mods, we need the sarcasm font in the next update.

They were first to name themselves the Misfits, that is unless the Holly Trinity beat them to it. Three lines, three nicknames. Can only wonder if the coaches department call themselves something, Tree of knowledge? Where would it end?

Has a very 2008 feel to it

Tipped Pies but the way my tipping is going this should mean a Lions win.

A colleague at work asked me not to pick the pies to guarantee the win - your tip will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back