Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade out a couple of guys on $600k, sign 3x players to 6+ year contracts at $1m+.

Yup, your story checks out.
Talk to Giants fans and no player is on a million, they're just signing on for long term at minimum wage out of loyalty!

Personally I'm happy Whitfield is off the table. The cost getting him would be astronomical and destroy the fabric of our club for years.

Idiot clubs keep gifting them multiple first round picks for ok players. They have the cream remaining there now and a whole heap of young top 10s to keep them up there. We traded well with them

For all that talent they don't have the system structures and coaching that we do. They don't have the innovation or the ability to change up a game style. I'll back The Hawks (and the tigers and bulldogs) to have this made up mob covered

Lach him in: Another star Giant signs mega-deal

Salary cap? What salary cap??

Apprently there is no million dollar players in GWS salary cap, they all get a dollar Gil pays the other trillions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, im more sus on WC being able to bring in Kelly without losing anyone than GWS resigning some of their players.
They cleared Masten off he would have been in something and I don't think Tim left for the money he just wanted back home for family reasons (just like danger

Honestly, im more sus on WC being able to bring in Kelly without losing anyone than GWS resigning some of their players.

Really!!

Other than Nic Nat I don’t think there’s that many on the really big bucks - at least I don’t recall any real fuss being made over huge signings

Always knew the Dons got off lightly. This should've been their ban. Would've sunk the joint.

Watching the scum scurry about scuttling the sinking wreck, would have been nice to witness.
Unlike the honorable that continued their duties aboard the Titanic as it slowly went down. The scum have no honor or clue about the slow and steady sinking s**t vessel they are on. I much prefer the slowly drowning mess that they are. I hope it takes decades for them to sink into the darkness never to return.

Really!!

Other than Nic Nat I don’t think there’s that many on the really big bucks - at least I don’t recall any real fuss being made over huge signings

McGovern made over 1mil last year, gaff 5.5 over 6. That's almost 3mil on 3 players not including their captain, best 2 mids and best 2 forwards and they can sign a new player on 800k.

Ash Browne said this year that he has been told that GWS don't have a salary cap... meaning if they want to keep a player the money can be found by the AFL.

It is however very possible that Patton is the AFL legend that got away - we could all look back in 5 years and realize that it wasn't Cogs or Whitfield or Shiel that was the prize.

Really!!

Agreed.

The WA Clubs have good systems for ensuring that players have interests outside of footy, therefore generating income that doesn't need to come from the clubs & into TPP calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back