Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On coaches, it's weird how much pressure the media piled on Bolton and Richo but not Goodwin. Melbourne's drop off has been appalling but not a peep.
Goodwin was extended at the start of the year, he'd be a very expensive firing which Melbourne quite probably can't afford given how the footy cap and coach contracts work.
Bolts was on a salary that they could kill at any time, Richardson was out of contract this year and Goodwin has 3 more seasons after this one.
Very different situations for the clubs involved

Some geelong supporters think the flag is theres.....

I know its been 11 a half years but cmon, you cannot forget 2008 like that.

C’mon - it IS Geelol supporters we are talking about here! They are STILL soaking and whinging over the 2008 GF result.

Rough was presented with this exact situation at the end of last year and he decided he'd rather play at BHH and be a one team player at Hawthorn, than go to the Suns. Maybe Burgers will too...
I think the "one team player at Hawthorn" boat has well and truly sailed at this point for Burgoyne ;)

You don't think it is a measure of the respect the other clubs have for Hawthorn and Clarko? Mitchell and Hodge departed on these types of play/coach deals. Rough has been mentioned in relation to Saints. Now Silk. FFS, you don't see anyone chasing Brendon Goddard or even Judd to help coach their youth.
Of course its a measure of repsect, look at what hodgeys doing at brissy. But they can still all * off, id rather see Burgoyne at Hawks for another 2 years. *If it somehow got us pick 2 it would ease the loss.

The H&A season isn't 3/4 through yet, but I'm already pumped to see what Jack Watts does this off season!

S***s gonna get real when he gets delisted; like Carey real :oops:

Our leadership stocks are already thin. We need Silk to stay.

I agree regarding our leadership stocks are average at best, and acknowledge that it would be painful to see such a champion player finish his career at another club - especially after we've moved on legends already.

But Burgoyne isn't going to be their for our next premiership tilt, and we should be looking to the future by developing someone who will be there in a few years time.

Especially if Burgoyne is offered a nice deal by GCS.

You would have thought, with all the assistance our club is giving to the league they'd look after us with draws/fixturing etc.
I mean we've helped in the following ways
- Assisted in training and developing the previous 3 premiership coaches, assisting 2 clubs break droughts (thus increasing their coffers and reducing the burden on the AFL
-We've pretty much fixed the basket case in Brisbane, by sending our football manager and one of our greatest players there to turn that ship around
-We've help develop the new interim coach of St Kilda after Carlton tried to break him.
-We've gifted a lot of crap clubs a raft of early draft picks to help them re-generate quickly (only to watch most of them stuff it up)

I mean seriously AFL, look after us here, we're f$%king carrying you more than Patty Cripps carried Carlton for the first 12 rounds!

On coaches, it's weird how much pressure the media piled on Bolton and Richo but not Goodwin. Melbourne's drop off has been appalling but not a peep.
Goodwin isn't the problem - the playing group (like the Doggies before) are not terribly enamored with Brendan McCartney.
His position at years end will be interesting.

The H&A season isn't 3/4 through yet, but I'm already pumped to see what Jack Watts does this off season!

S***s gonna get real when he gets delisted; like Carey real :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Told you. No way we're letting champs walk again for nothing.

If he goes, he will be traded, and we'll get something decent this time.
Burgoyne is currently an unrestricted free agent. He's done 10 years with us. Could walk to any club he wants and we'd be powerless to stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back