Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep the Bris Port game is good to watch.
But again, picking up on Clarkson’s point - around 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter a classic tackle, holding the ball. Simply a clear decision and the umpire doesn’t pay it. The commentators can’t believe it.
There really needs to be a re-education program with umpires because they just don’t understand this basic rule (as silly as that sounds).

Port finally come up against decent opposition.

I still reckon you underrate Port at your peril. They’re a good well-balanced side.
Every side this year has had one or two reality checks. This time it was Port’s turn.

But love Brisbane and love Fagan’s coaching - and wish we had Hipwood playing for us. I suspect that’s the sort of player we hope Patton will be.

How was Bryce Gibbs comment at the end: ‘Gibbs, the new recruit, admitted it was "cultish" in some quarters but said he had been on "a lot worse camps" at Carlton.

As an avid Geelong hater l hope Scablett and Sookwood play crap and the sun's win easily.
These sort of posts really s**t me.
The fella is playing his 350th game.
You do not get to 350 AFL games without being an outstanding player.
Appreciate good footballers no matter what team they play for.
To those who ‘liked’ lucky hawks post, you are just as pathetic.
Grow up

These sort of posts really sh*t me.
Grow up

Some posters turn a blind eye when Puopolo does the exact same thing as Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These sort of posts really sh*t me.
Grow up
Not a fan of Ablett from a team perspective but he is an amazing player.
I loathe Selwood when he plays against us. But would have taken him in a heartbeat if we could revisit that draft.

Wow, thanks for sharing that.
So many angles. It possibly needs a separate thread, but it was worth reading.

Not a fan of Ablett from a team perspective but he is an amazing player.
I loathe Selwood when he plays against us. But would have taken him in a heartbeat if we could revisit that draft.
Here’s a question for you then. Would you take Selwood (2006 draft) if it meant due to the butterfly effect we don’t get Rioli (2007 draft)? In a perfect world we choose Selwood and Rioli in consecutive drafts but the chances of that happening due to Selwood’s contribution to playing for Hawthorn probably means we choose around pick 14 to 18 and Cyril goes to... gulp... those red and black a-holes. I’m happy with way it all panned out even if it meant we had to suffer through fluffing on Thorpe instead of choosing Selwood.

Here’s a question for you then. Would you take Selwood (2006 draft) if it meant due to the butterfly effect we don’t get Rioli (2007 draft)? In a perfect world we choose Selwood and Rioli in consecutive drafts but the chances of that happening due to Selwood’s contribution to playing for Hawthorn probably means we choose around pick 14 to 18 and Cyril goes to... gulp... those red and black a-holes. I’m happy with way it all panned out even if it meant we had to suffer through fluffing on Thorpe instead of choosing Selwood.

How’s that Bugs?
Why couldn’t we have drafted Selwood and Cyril in consecutive years?

Cyril, everyday of the week. Just making comment on the hate.

If we had Selwood in 2007 we likely win a couple more games and slide in the draft order behind Essendon.

OK - get it.
Essendon’s next pick in 2007 was 23 when they nabbed the legendary Tayte Pears (after taking the wonderful David Myers at 6).
So if Essendon was assuming they‘d pick up Cyril at 23 we probably could have assumed we’d take both Selwood and Cyril in the following year.

Because of course none of the other clubs rated Cyril. As they all knew, he was homesick and never destined to stay in Melbourne and of course he had no endurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back