Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not weird considering its the AFL.
Up to there usual bullshit.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

An AFL media person stood down for telling us something that actually happened. Should have stuck to writing bullshit and slandering people with lies, that's okay in the eyes of the AFL.

Didn't tow the company line.

yep seems that way

“It’s understood the decision was made because the AFL believes Cleary’s obligations are as an AFL employee before his obligations as a journalist.

AFL Media has in the past declared it is independent from the league.”

Thanks for that. At different times of the year I get more lamb than I know what to do with, I've never thought to smoke it.

Thanks for putting this down for us. :thumbsu:
No worries. i suspect there's a few other smokers here so yell out if you get stuck... a decent sized leg of lamb would need at least 6 hours at a minimum of 100c... maybe 8 hours... i cant recall how long a boned leg took me last time.. if you use a spike thermometer you dont usually get into trouble.... the trick is to get the first hour or so to set it up properly..

Pies - popular flag tip - are half a game clear of us on the ladder. Their season, marked with off field stupidity, ill discipline and possibly worse has remarkably avoided the criticism it deserves

And then this morning there’s an article by Barrett about how this won’t stop them and they can still win the flag. Barrett who as far as I’m aware works for Triple Ed?
The only footy media worth listening to/reading is those with no ties to the AFL, eg Rohan Connolly/Finey, ESPN etc

I've told everyone for years the AFL media (including the papers) are propaganda pieces for the league, and not independent.
I've often been shouted down for it.

Surely cleary being dropped is vindication?
There was never any doubt, but its good to get confirmation. Unfortunately this is the way so called news get delivered to us these days in all facets of our lives. There is an agenda and reporting is more a marketing campaign.

An AFL media person stood down for telling us something that actually happened. Should have stuck to writing bullshit and slandering people with lies, that's okay in the eyes of the AFL.
Or stick the boot into Clarko and you'll probably be rewarded

This proves AFL.com.au isn't independent from Head Office and never has been. Which makes you wonder when Hawthorn & Norf are clearly two of Barrett's biggest targets and Sydney is never subject to any form of scrutiny. The whole website reeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or stick the boot into Clarko and you'll probably be rewarded

This proves AFL.com.au isn't independent from Head Office and never has been. Which makes you wonder when Hawthorn & Norf are clearly two of Barrett's biggest targets and Sydney is never subject to any form of scrutiny. The whole website reeks.

I think people are now beginning to realise why I have no time for football media. Way too much personal agenda for my liking. The AFL want the game reported in a way which suits them, and that's just plain wrong.

Meet Karen Cotchin, she'd like to see the manager

images.jpg

so 6 weeks house arrest. Can the afl extend the nightly games that long?

2 per night and we can start at 4:30pm. Should be long enough to put an honest 5 hours work in before

PS looks like the spa was good value

Last edited:
so 6 weeks house arrest. Can the afl extend the nightly games that long?

2 per night and we can start at 4:30pm. Should be long enough to put an honest 5 hours work in before
Why would I spend 5 hours a night watching trash I'm not interested in?

Meet Karen Cotchin, she'd like to see the manager

images.jpg

Shes a chance for the "10 most influential AFL figures" list i'd say take Sam Newmans spot.

They really missed out on doing a media 'special' on the WAGS hub . make the 50k back 50 times over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back