Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can’t believe people are advocating dropping numbers from 18 on-field to 16 rather than just paying holding the ball/incorrect disposal.

What annoys me is Caro still can’t back Clarkson after seeing so many missed frees from Sunday night and sides with work colleague Leigh Matthews.

and lastly I’m loving Ross Lyon and nick Riewoldt in the media.

I still can’t believe people are advocating dropping numbers from 18 on-field to 16 rather than just paying holding the ball/incorrect disposal.

What annoys me is Caro still can’t back Clarkson after seeing so many missed frees from Sunday night and sides with work colleague Leigh Matthews.

and lastly I’m loving Ross Lyon and nick Riewoldt in the media.
Yeah don’t expect anything remotely positive from here mouth when it’s Hawthorn related. Been that way for a long time. Mutual dislike between club and Caro For a long while.

Caro is like bigfooty, only She has a bigger platform to push her crap

Collingwood are complaining about only a 4 week ban? It should be a season ban IMO - these stupid actions have the potential to bring the entire competition and livelihood of thousands of athletes and AFL related staff crashing down.

Yeah don’t expect anything remotely positive from here mouth when it’s Hawthorn related. Been that way for a long time. Mutual dislike between club and Caro For a long while.

Caro is like bigfooty, only She has a bigger platform to push her crap

Hey I really represent that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

* resent ;)

I'm annoyed by those in the media who obviously didn't watch or pay attention to our game on Sunday and are talking as if Clarko is just having a whinge that the rules aren't a certain way, when in reality he's just pointing out that the rules aren't being enforced as they're written.

It's not unreasonable to advocate for the rules of a competition to be enforced as they're written. Sure, it is going to look like a whinge to some degree when you push your case after copping the rough end of it, but without those damning stats (69 tackles for 0 HTB calls) and the supporting vision it would be ignored as a talking point because, "where's the evidence that this is a problem?"

I'm annoyed by those in the media who obviously didn't watch or pay attention to our game on Sunday and are talking as if Clarko is just having a whinge that the rules aren't a certain way, when in reality he's just pointing out that the rules aren't being enforced as they're written.

It's not unreasonable to advocate for the rules of a competition to be enforced as they're written. Sure, it is going to look like a whinge to some degree when you push your case after copping the rough end of it, but without those damning stats (69 tackles for 0 HTB calls) and the supporting vision it would be ignored as a talking point because, "where's the evidence that this is a problem?"

The evidence is clear.

There were multiple examples where a free kick should have been paid but wasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko didn't ask for the rules to be changed he just asked for an existing set of rules to be adjudicated properly
Tell Cornes that.

This kind of thing highlights why I love bigfooty. Of course there will be bias on this board but generally it is good footy discussion.

AFL media today is symptomatic of most media outlets pushing agendas, personal views, telling us what we should be outraged about wihtout actually reporting the news. It is mind numbingly frustrating.

The evidence is clear.

There were multiple examples where a free kick should have been paid but wasn't.
That's my point. If Clarko brings it up in any other week when there aren't a heap of compelling examples then people would dismiss it as not being an issue. We're fortunate we still won despite it because then it doesn't just look like sour grapes.

Tell Cornes that.

This kind of thing highlights why I love bigfooty. Of course there will be bias on this board but generally it is good footy discussion.

AFL media today is symptomatic of most media outlets pushing agendas, personal views, telling us what we should be outraged about wihtout actually reporting the news. It is mind numbingly frustrating.
The good thing about BigFooty Hawthorn is that I like to think that generally we all keep ourselves pretty honest here. Yes 90% of us have a Hawthorn bias but if any of us start hamming it up too much then one of us usually will tell us to pull our head in. Media like Cornes and Carro though don’t have anyone to keep them accountable and it s**ts me to tears.

On SEN this morning, Gerard Whateley had stats showing that HTB was still being payed.
Whateley even threw in a comment like "cop that Clarko".

No explanation of why Hawthorn are not getting any of these HTB free kicks.
There was a discussion on his program about two weeks ago with everyone calling in suggesting that holding the ball should be paid more. Gerard certainly didn’t disagree. Now that clarko says it, he’s being a sook?

On SEN this morning, Gerard Whateley had stats showing that HTB was still being payed.
Whateley even threw in a comment like "cop that Clarko".

No explanation of why Hawthorn are not getting any of these HTB free kicks.
Mouth piece for SHocking. He and many others in the media rally can't accept that their ever changing views by the week mean jack s**t.

Lets see if he has the courage to say cop that to his face

Farewell and RIP Kanga. Until reading this article I admittedly didn’t know thar he was Alastair Clarkson’s first senior coach.

I actually think not paying holding the ball has contributed to sling tackles. Watching silk on danger the other week it looked like he was thinking “I have to get this guy to ground” as he will be given an eternity to get his hands free and get the handball off.
pay the frees earlier consistently and I think you’ll reduce the need to sling your opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back