No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and they probably have the most mature leadership group which this year, more than ever, is vital. Their resilience and maturity makes them a real contender. There are more talented sides but id trust Geelong not to sh*t the bed whereas Port and Brisbane don’t have that trust.

Still think Eagles and Tigers are the top 2 but I’d have Geelong third favourite. Lions and Port can win on talent. Giants the smoky but only if Greene is fit and firing. All others making up the numbers

Over here in Adelaide, they think Port Adelaide is clear favourite for the flag. Nothing ever changes over here, the moment one of the AFL teams has a couple of good wins, nobody else can beat them :)

I fear turning on the radio this morning, couldn't sleep as the sounds of knife sharpening form the usual types was keeping me awake.
Who will come after us first, Cornes, Barrett or Caro. Will there be a new players in the axe grinding stakes that want to clip Clarkson while they get their chance because we all know that they have had little chance before now.
Let's see who reveals themselves.

Seriously, you shouldn't be giving these people the power to upset your day. They are nobodies, their opinions carry no more gravity than anyone else on this forum, or the drunk in the local bar. Just don't listen to them. Imagine if everyone just turned them off, stop listening to them, stopped reading their articles, stopped watching them on TV. The game would still go on, and they'd be looking for alternative employment. Don't mind me, just a dream I keep having to keep me sane :)

I know there’s no such thing as home ground for vic teams but and call it sour grapes but this home ground advantage for Qld, SA and WA teams is a bit of a rort.

Can’t say that some are benefiting from it big time

I'm looking forward to it. Can you imagine if a Melbourne based team won a Grand Final that wasn't in Melbourne? I'd like to hear from all those people out there who have told me the Hawks only won in 2013,2014,2015 because we played teams from interstate. I think it would be hilarious if the GF was played in Perth, and the Eagles got beaten. :)

I'm looking forward to it. Can you imagine if a Melbourne based team won a Grand Final that wasn't in Melbourne? I'd like to hear from all those people out there who have told me the Hawks only won in 2013,2014,2015 because we played teams from interstate. I think it would be hilarious if the GF was played in Perth, and the Eagles got beaten. :)
Living in Perth - seeing that would top what happened in 2015...

geelong and Richmond are the only two who look like they could win it. That’s the stuff that nightmares are made of and would much prefer one of the interstate teams to win (except eagles for me and port for you :p )

Part of me wants to tut tut the Richmond groers BUT

‘Oh the viewers would like to see what goes on on the inside of footy clubs’

‘Oh the viewers don’t want to see what ACTUALLY goes on if it’s the slightest bit offensive’

‘should go like ballet where the curtain calls are carefully rehearsed too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was the worst day ever

My work colleagues didn’t gloat - they PITIED me.

You know things are bad when a clubs supporters, who have had no success at all said “you guys were pretty bad”

Normal transmission hopefully returns next week when I have to face the eagle scum

Today was the worst day ever

My work colleagues didn’t gloat - they PITIED me.

You know things are bad when a clubs supporters, who have had no success at all said “you guys were pretty bad”

Normal transmission hopefully returns next week when I have to face the eagle scum
One advantage of lockdown. No footy talk with coworkers

This is also why Freo will never win a premiership - no winning culture

their supporters were genuinely sympathetic - I will not get the same response from eagle supporters. They live for premierships and anything less is unacceptable

So far this season, Hawthorn has played one game with a home ground advantage: Brisbane in round 1.

We had 3 games at neutral venues. Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton.

All the rest were played at the opposition home ground: North, Geelong, Freo, Sydney, GWS.

Our next two are away games to West Coast and Port.

It would be interesting to see a comparison with other teams. Most Victorian clubs would be affected, but it would be nice to get some games in Launceston.
Or at least neutral venues.

This is also why Freo will never win a premiership - no winning culture

their supporters were genuinely sympathetic - I will not get the same response from eagle supporters. They live for premierships and anything less is unacceptable
I mean if the rule of thumb for the success of a club is how big a bunch campaigners their supporters are then why haven't the Bomber's won anything recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back