No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is a practice match, but even so, that level of football just isn't sustainable over 4 quarters.
Really, the only team that did it was 2007 Geelong, and even then, their opponents couldn't keep ups they could cruise after half time

Hmm I wonder if this has anything to do with St Kilda’s new sports scientist Dephen Stank?

A89A6BCE-314A-4115-8583-94A017FF641C.jpeg

Corney collins going negative on Hawks putting the youngsters on the rookie list 'Raiding the lower leagues'

Hes contracted to Box Hill and will probably play for Box hill, whats the prolem Kane?
Stop listening to SEN.

Problem solved.

Corney collins going negative on Hawks putting the youngsters on the rookie list 'Raiding the lower leagues'

Hes contracted to Box Hill and will probably play for Box hill, whats the prolem Kane?
Have to agree with him though. It is completely unfair to those kids to have to go on the rookie list, earn a minimum of $80k for the year and live the dream of playing at the highest level. They'd be much better off earning $500 per game in the lower leagues......

Innocent until proven guilty is a concept that applies to criminal cases. If a person is found not guilty that doesn’t mean they are innocent. It means there is insufficient evidence to satisfy the court it is beyond reasonable doubt that a person is guilty.

Civil courts have a lower threshold (balance of probabilities) and organisations are free to choose their own threshold to a degree within the parameters of the law.

Patton’s behaviour may never be tested in court but the AFL or the hawthorn football club may decided that based on what evidence is available they believe he has breached the code of conduct or have may feel he is best pursuing treatment away from football.

People can have opinions on a player such as Patton based on whatever level of evidence they want. Based on what evidence is available I don’t think he should remain in football. That isn’t me saying he is guilty of sexual assault. So innocent until proven guilty isn’t really a relevant principal to whether or not he remains at the club in my view.

Fully agree, but not sure why you mention sexual assault. Is he accused of that?

Fully agree, but not sure why you mention sexual assault. Is he accused of that?
He allegedly performed a sexual act in front of someone without their consent. I believe that falls into a class of sexual assault. But I’m not a lawyer so would be happy to amend if someone can confirm.

Have to agree with him though. It is completely unfair to those kids to have to go on the rookie list, earn a minimum of $80k for the year and live the dream of playing at the highest level. They'd be much better off earning $500 per game in the lower leagues......
They would have to play 160 lower league games at $500 per game to reach $80,000

Quarters look far longer. Will be survival of the fittest. Need a team of endurance running beasts. Imagine there will be a lot of soft tissue injuries in the first 5 rounds this year I reckon.
It make sense.
Longer quarters +less rotations=

Fitter and multi position mids will thrive.

Clarko has been pushing the multi position barrow all pre-season for a reason.

Collingwood v Richmond game...

Grimes is making rance look overrated as he only played next to grimes. Yes he's a tool but every game I see him play i find it harder 2 say he's not the best of his era.

Grundy is getting slaughtered by umpires in the centre square but then again slaughtering himself around the ground biģ contract Collingwood needs 2 carry.

Richmond get the job done probably the most well balanced list in modern history. Collingwood apart from 9? Blond kid impersonating the gambler they sent to North, Moore and quaynor or something like that look cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posting here in case not everyone is checking the fixture thread. Members check your emails - I just got one about ticket allocation and how to apply for tickets.

FAQ here

I don't usually give a rats about watching the handbags, but by geez I want to see how quick Smith has learned to duck, dive, and SOOK like a spoiled brat - if he hasn't learned the handbag way he'll get dropped.
Can EAD

Watching Smith just warm up for the Cats makes me sick...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Really hope he catches like a lingering cold or something.

Nothing serious, but enough to annoy the f**k out of him for like 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back