No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS are garbage. With the best list in it. Leon has to go. Disaster re signing him.
I was actually hoping they'd win a flag after our 3peat era, to cement them as the AFL's preferred NSW Lovechild just to screw the Swans. :devil:

They know the field umpires can‘t see it. They need to let boundary umpires blow the whistle on those.

A person in the top row of the stand, on his way to take a leak, would have seen it, but three trained professional umpires all missed it. I'd love to be an umpire these days, just hang around, watch the game (sometimes) and only pay free kicks when the mood strikes you.

I was actually hoping they'd win a flag after our 3peat era, to cement them as the AFL's preferred NSW Lovechild just to screw the Swans. :devil:

Trouble is, could you imagine what would happen if GWS did win a flag? It would be the flag that Sheedy built (even though he had FA to do with it), they'd have statues erected in his honour, calls for him to be canonised. I couldn't stand it.

They must have some room in their salary cap if they are chasing Cameron, Crouch and Viney!
Hey no Intel just a very good fit for them, got to remember baby Jesus will be hanging up the boots.

Late edit, you did mention that

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard a Hawthorn fan say the Cliff is coming soon for Geelong, reckon I'd have my mortgage paid off by now.

Since 2007 Geelong have finished have finished top 4 11 out of 14 times and only missed the 8 once, fantastic club.
If you want to go beyond that they also played finals in 04-05 with 05 being the Nick Davis final. 2 years out of the finals since 2004. It's a remarkable achievement in the modern era with equalisation playing a part but it hasn't affected their consistency at all. Having Dangerfield land in their laps for peanuts helps too.

Gws need to forget hanging onto all this talent and trade it out for experienced players who can help them in a flag. But also they need a new coach. Don’t know why they can’t see it. And lastly, the medical/fitness staff need to be shot. Haven’t kept players on the park. Turn out heaps of young players with hamstring issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Brisbane win it, the fact they haven't beaten Richmond in a decade worries me though, lost to them easily at home in the QF last season and belted by them at Metricon a few weeks ago.
Maybe they'll get them in a Prelim and come from 20 points behind at three quarter time to finally beat them.

A person in the top row of the stand, on his way to take a leak, would have seen it, but three trained professional umpires all missed it. I'd love to be an umpire these days, just hang around, watch the game (sometimes) and only pay free kicks when the mood strikes you.
SHocking

I know hawks have handled this year abysmally but Giants win the title for that this year. It’s a year that has required leadership and resilience more than any other and the entitled Giants have fallen short. Highlighted by their high priced captain cracking the sads in hubs and being dropped. For all their talent, they just don’t have a resilient culture. Re-signing Cameron is bewildering.

The field umpires mostly run up and down the corridor and the players know it.

This "blatant throws on the boundary side being missed because the umpire can't seem them" is a fairly new phenomena though. Granted the modern players are now more cynical in their approach towards "gaining an advantage" - what we used to call "cheating".

But I'm just another old man shouting at clouds, so play on. Keep the game "moving"!

This "blatant throws on the boundary side being missed because the umpire can't seem them" is a fairly new phenomena though. Granted the modern players are now more cynical in their approach towards "gaining an advantage" - what we used to call "cheating".

But I'm just another old man shouting at clouds, so play on. Keep the game "moving"!

Throwing, staging. No one cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back