No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had strong interest in Cox but thought it was a reach to take him at 6, if he was picked at 1 you wouldn't bat an eyelid after what I've seen so far.
Could be that player who would have gone much higher with another year of exposed U18 footy. Athletic freak and great skills. Annoying where he landed. Dons got a good one.

i really dont know how to rate this sydney side yet

they monstered Richmond and are 4-0 but they really let other teams go on runs. i feel like they will probably barely scrape the 8 if they make it at all. there will be a reality check coming, their kids are overperforming — not that I don't think that they're not good, just that part of being a young side is high highs and low lows. Look at GC for pretty much the past few years, minus 19. Hot start, everyone talking, and then they just fade. But hey, maybe they're legit. It's hard to know.

That said, ******* hell Warner, Gulden and Campbell look good. Gulden best performing atm but Campbell seems to have the skillset to be an AA mid for the next 10 years. Scary stuff. I think next year they will be seriously contending

On Gulden and Campbell, I really liked both and had both rated higher than where they went. Gulden in particular.

Because of the difficulty in playing it, if you're great at that role as a HFF at an underage level it's a huge thing because you'll only be better when playing with better quality team mates.

While it’s nice to see the bombers lose if they finish bottom 4 that’s another elite kid for them + another top pick if they lose Merrett.

If they got two of the top 5 mids + last years draft haul that’s a pretty good platform of elite talent for them.

While it’s nice to see the bombers lose if they finish bottom 4 that’s another elite kid for them + another top pick if they lose Merrett.

If they got two of the top 5 mids + last years draft haul that’s a pretty good platform of elite talent for them.
They'll waste their development until the kid asks to go to a good club.

"Please sir, may I go to a good club. One perhaps, without, if it's not too much trouble, performance diminshing drugs?"

A short, thought provoking article written by Josh Dunkley on the mindset of a player who ends a game thinking their mistake late in the game cost their team.

His spilling of a sitter at the top of the goal square is pretty reminiscent of Kosi's spilt mark against the Cats. Not to mention the vitriol directed towards Howe. I certainly hope none of our players have copped the level of abuse Dunkley described.

Unfortunately the people who most need to read this are probably the least likely to do so.

A short, thought provoking article written by Josh Dunkley on the mindset of a player who ends a game thinking their mistake late in the game cost their team.

His spilling of a sitter at the top of the goal square is pretty reminiscent of Kosi's spilt mark against the Cats. Not to mention the vitriol directed towards Howe. I certainly hope none of our players have copped the level of abuse Dunkley described.

Unfortunately the people who most need to read this are probably the least likely to do so.

I read it. Yep. Apparently here nobody hates players like Howe and Cegs. It wasn't long ago that CJ nearly became a whipping boy.

Well that’s just ****ed, but not surprising.

If I had a dollar for every post I have deleted over the years where our own supporters are wishing harm on our players....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that’s just f’ed, but not surprising.

If I had a dollar for every post I have deleted over the years where our own supporters are wishing harm on our players....

I hope they get banned - this is a site for fans - threatening players with physical violence is dumb and lame.

It's like the Goodes documentaries. The arseholes who were responsible for the racist bullying are the ones who wouldn't watch them.

That was just superb ball movement from Richmond. I remember when we used to do that to other top teams.

We play exactly the opposite of that these days.
Belief in each other plays a massive part in that ball movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back