No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point of the post was to say that it will happen eventually, and my prediction for the year is that it'll impact the WA teams more than it will the East Coast teams. Nothing you've said actually addresses that.

As it relates to the footy, WAs border policies and their willingness to lock down are probably the biggest threat to the 2022 AFL season. Also, if they do go down the path of opening up eventually, which they likely will due to supply chain pressure, they'll have just delayed the same issues we're currently going through in Vic - this'll also cause issues because their players will be the most vulnerable to infection and they'll be the state most likely to call off games or impose restrictions on travelling teams.
I’m sorry I didn’t realise I had to only address the points you wanted addressed.

I quoted you & addressed the point I wanted to address

Point of the post was to say that it will happen eventually, and my prediction for the year is that it'll impact the WA teams more than it will the East Coast teams. Nothing you've said actually addresses that.

As it relates to the footy, WAs border policies and their willingness to lock down are probably the biggest threat to the 2022 AFL season. Also, if they do go down the path of opening up eventually, which they likely will due to supply chain pressure, they'll have just delayed the same issues we're currently going through in Vic - this'll also cause issues because their players will be the most vulnerable to infection and they'll be the state most likely to call off games or impose restrictions on travelling teams.
Actually they’ve specifically said they want to give it a final push to get more people vaxxed, so whenever they do open up they’ll be in a better position.

Say what you want about him, I personally find it pretty annoying, but his number one priority is the state’s constituents and they farking love what he is doing and is one of the most popular state politicians in this country’s history.

Unfortunately his GF performance wasnt indicative of his prime performances and probably tarnished his rep .
RIP the loaf
Only amongst a few of us here in Aus… I always felt bad for what he copped. The performance was awful but the running joke it became…

He was a ripper. RIP

Actually they’ve specifically said they want to give it a final push to get more people vaxxed, so whenever they do open up they’ll be in a better position.

Say what you want about him, I personally find it pretty annoying, but his number one priority is the state’s constituents and they farking love what he is doing and is one of the most popular state politicians in this country’s history.
He's specifically said that a few times, the reason they took so long was to wait for 80% and then 90% double vaccinated. Irrespective of why he's doing it, it's STILL the biggest risk for the 2022 season going ahead as planned.

Could be the most popular man on the planet and s**t golden eggs, doesn't change that at all.

He's specifically said that a few times, the reason they took so long was to wait for 80% and then 90% double vaccinated. Irrespective of why he's doing it, it's STILL the biggest risk for the 2022 season going ahead as planned.

Could be the most popular man on the planet and sh*t golden eggs, doesn't change that at all.

No it doesn’t and I thought I heard Gil scream last night but the reality is….. most couldn’t give a *

Meatloaf:

"I may never see you again and I can never repay what the people of Australia have given too me," he wrote.

"I betrayed your trust , I Apologize for any feelings that I have hurt, My behavior was extremely inappropriate, immature, and lacked the respect for the people of Australia and the Australian football league. Again, I am sorry for my actions and I hope that we can put this matter behind us."

Note: He is not talking about the fact he voted for Trump in 2016

Geelong v Collingwood has been a real arm-wrestle of a game. Prespakis is going to be a serious player long term.

it's STILL the biggest risk for the 2022 season going ahead as planned.
It’s bloody frustrating, and I’m sure the Perth clubs will be sooking, but I’d still say the fact we are still in a pandemic with COVID ripping through clubs and potentially future variants to be worried about is the biggest risk to the season as planned, particularly once we get to winter.

When WA do open up at-least they will have had time to stock up on RATs and will be better prepared having learned from the rest of the country. If I were in Perth I would be happier to be living without the spectre of COVID everywhere I go compared to the eastern states.
Reckon I gave the record for RAT tests in a day a nudge .....4 in a day.
One when I got to work , each 3 apps also required me too also .
My nose has never been clearer !

Last edited:
Unfortunately his GF performance wasnt indicative of his prime performances and probably tarnished his rep .
RIP the loaf

Still never performed as badly as Gary Rohan does every grand final he shows up to.

Smart for an anti-vaxxer. Can't dock his pay if he is on sick leave

In the real world this also happens but most employers are 'Meh, eventually you'll run out of entitlements'.

Not sure if Jack has the same type of entitlements.

Could be the most popular man on the planet and sh*t golden eggs, doesn't change that at all.
It might be the biggest risk to the AFL season going ahead but I’d prefer to live my normal life without AFL , than to be living like the eastern states.
I love hawthorn football club, but my life does not revolve around them playing footy.
*unless you can guarantee we will win the gf 😉

Last edited:
his number one priority is the state’s constituents and they farking love what he is doing and is one of the most popular state politicians in this country’s history.
Clearly the media over east is portraying him in a bad light.
Some of the media here do too, very small minority, as it’s very hard to bag the s**t out of someone when the people living the lifestyle he’s helping to provide, are very happy with how is going about it.

Really the only people that are unhappy with him are those who want to travel outside the state & the so-called celebrities, half of whom I’ve never heard of & the other half I couldn’t care for, like Jessinta Franklin & Rebecca Judd.

If he opens the borders right now, mining would shut down, so too would a few other industries. There goes the states economy & most likely the countries economy.

Covid and WA border closure: The AFL should move both Freo and West Coast to Tassie for 2022. Base one in Hobart and the other Launceston. Relocate any families that want to move. At least we’d have a chance to complete the season.

Nice sentiment but in reality melbourne has much more facilities. They could fly in to Tassie like the hawks. A game a week there would be grand

Really the only people that are unhappy with him are those who want to travel outside the state

Dare say those in the tourism industry who would be absolutely hurting wouldn’t be too thrilled about it.

Dare say those in the tourism industry who would be absolutely hurting wouldn’t be too thrilled about it.
People keep saying that but it’s simply not true.
It is very hard to book accommodation in any tourism place in Wa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back