No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s kinda funny the s**t that ‘sleepy mark’ copped for trade & draft period.

Some posters really went hard at him for not going hard enough at Bruhn & Bowes.

Seems ‘Sleepy Mark’ was more awake than the ‘Docile Posters’
I've given credit to Mark all along for spinning reasonable deals with the crappy assets at his disposal.

Having being resigned to Gunston walking for pretty much nothing, and a market that didn't rate any of our players, being able to walk away with what he did was enormous. Took 2x first rounders we rated highly, an in demand free agent, a solid young ruck option and a still young first rounder for midfield depth while preserving our first and keeping 2nd and 3rd rounders for next year.

Geelong on the other hand committed almost all their resources to picking up average players with a crappy mentality towards footy, with their only saving grace being a ridiculous salary based deal that fell in their lap.

Bowes was the steak knives to get the pic .The talk of how much they wanted and had scouted him was garbage .

Bruhn will be ok but he isnt replacing whats gone and going out . Thats there issue now and for the next few years
It's great.
They've also dished off blokes like Narkle, and then someone like Parfitt can't get a game.
Where are the young mids coming through, Holmes aside?
It's grim. Love it.

It's great.
They've also dished off blokes like Narkle, and then someone like Parfitt can't get a game.
Where are the young mids coming through, Holmes aside?
It's grim. Love it.

They're pinning their future midfield hopes on Holmes, Knevitt, Bruhn, Clark & Mullin. As you said, Holmes aside, that is grim, especially compared to most other side's young mids.

Although they'll probably land some decent FAs or trades with some dodgy land deals....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, seriously? He had 10 at quarter time, so only 2 for the rest of the game? Damn, bullet dodged.
Had a shoulder issue I think then was subbed, so didn’t really get back on the field. Still he struggles in every game.

Hasn’t had more than 20 touches in any game this year and only done it twice in his 40 games so far

Had a shoulder issue I think then was subbed, so didn’t really get back on the field. Still he struggles in every game.

Hasn’t had more than 20 touches in any game this year and only done it twice in his 40 games so far
You'd definitely be wanting more from an inside mid after three preseasons and 40 games

Nice to see Geelong lose at the start of the weekend.
Watching them, they have the most chest-puffers in the league: Danger, JCameron, Hawkins, Isaac Smith, Stewart: all pounce around with their chests puffed out and wail their arms around looking for free kicks. Hopefully they get to eat some more humble pie this year as their club has been built on free agents who they seem to get in their prime, cheap father sons who play for them for nothing (Hawkins Ablett Scarlett Bews) and a massive home ground advantage.
If GWS still had JCameron Cats would be bottom 4 and GWS top 4.
Just hating the thought that over the off-season they will pick up Parish, de Kooning and Himmelberg... continues to cover up their inability to build anything.

Nice to see Geelong lose at the start of the weekend.
Watching them, they have the most chest-puffers in the league: Danger, JCameron, Hawkins, Isaac Smith, Stewart: all pounce around with their chests puffed out and wail their arms around looking for free kicks. Hopefully they get to eat some more humble pie this year as their club has been built on free agents who they seem to get in their prime, cheap father sons who play for them for nothing (Hawkins Ablett Scarlett Bews) and a massive home ground advantage.
If GWS still had JCameron Cats would be bottom 4 and GWS top 4.
Just hating the thought that over the off-season they will pick up Parish, de Kooning and Himmelberg... continues to cover up their inability to build anything.
Meh. Would be a short term sugar hit.
Theyve still got 15 blokes over 30.
The cliff is already here. They just don't know it yet.

I get his suspension, it might be harsh but if you can brace for impact then you could've side step or tackled.
Side step and let the opposition just have the ball? Also I don't know how he can tackle when Aish doesn't even have the ball and its a genuine 50/50. The Sicily one is a bad decision but I actually think the Mansell one is way worse and doesn't even deserve a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back