No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

North were given an absolute free ride in the first quarter, apart from that they have played really poorly. You don't have a right to complain for being called for a throw if you threw it.
They bitch moan like no other. Yet none of them will recall their first 3 goals came from soft free kicks.

Every 50 penalty was warranted.

This good Friday appeal would work better if, instead of donating $2000 for every goal they scored, they gave a goal for every $2000 they donated. They'd make a lot more money for the appeal.

Watched the North game with a North supporter friend who reckons that even though they are getting beaten easily and there are still big gaps in their play they are at least beginning to make some sense. Something he hasn't seen from the team for quite a few years. I tend to agree. Think they'll improve a bit over the course of the year.

Watched the North game with a North supporter friend who reckons that even though they are getting beaten easily and there are still big gaps in their play they are at least beginning to make some sense. Something he hasn't seen from the team for quite a few years. I tend to agree. Think they'll improve a bit over the course of the year.

They certainly have a group of elite and exciting young talents. But you'd expect as much given all the great picks they've had.

Who are the heap of VFL level players? Pink, Tucker, Dawson?
Pink, Tucker, Dawson, Fisher, McDonald, Xerri, CCJ, Stephens, Lazzaro, Stephenson.

I'm confident all of them would not get a game for us.

In saying that Wardlaw, McKercher, Sheezel, Duursma look the goods. Safe to say they will be elite. Along with LDU, Simpkin and Larkey and Powell are carrying this team.

Pink, Tucker, Dawson, Fisher, McDonald, Xerri, CCJ, Stephens, Lazzaro, Stephenson.

In saying that Wardlaw, McKercher, Sheezel, Duursma look the goods. Safe to say they will be elite. Along with LDU, Simpkin and Larkey and Powell are carrying this team.
Reckon Lazzaro might make it.

Stupid umps. The reviews have been terrible. Just piss them off and save the money
The umpire was an idiot in that one for reviewing, but the second one he actually thought wasn't touched. I'd hate for that to be given a goal against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add in Ford and Corr as well.

I’m also not so hot on Simpkin, he won their BnF when they were terrible but look like they need to go past him to move up the ladder.

You're being a little harsh. For a start Xerri would be our best ruck by a margin. Meek dreams of putting in the performances Xerri has this season.

McDonald, Stephenson, Fisher and Stephens are role players. McDonald is a good defender. Stephenson kicked 26 goals last season, which would have been our third highest goal kicker last season. Having said that if you asked me if I'd want them playing for us I'd say no, with Stephens being the only maybe (maybe some untapped potential there).

You're being a little harsh. For a start Xerri would be our best ruck by a margin. Meek dreams of putting in the performances Xerri has this season.

McDonald, Stephenson, Fisher and Stephens are role players. McDonald is a good defender. Stephenson kicked 26 goals last season, which would have been our third highest goal kicker last season. Having said that if you asked me if I'd want them playing for us I'd say no, with Stephens being the only maybe (maybe some untapped potential there).
Agree on Xerri on second thought. He get's around the contest quite well too.

I just think our role players are better than theirs. Might be bias though.

1.5 v 1.3 for the quarter. A combined total of 9.20.

Scintillating. 🤮
Exciting team

Tired 90S GIF

* Hayden young is a good player. Great foot skills and willing to hit the hard kick. Hard at it too and clean. Does not fumble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back