No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Big time "back in my day" (I'm 28) but kids these days genuinely don't understand societal norms/think that because they can say things like that when they're talking s**t playing CoD or FIFA they can say it in real life.
Glad people around jumped on him for it.

Stuff like this has been going on for decades. There's no 'societal norms' when it comes to drunken footy crowds. You are always going to find some flogs. I have seen/heard similar stuff since I was going to the footy as a kid. I am sure there are people older than me who can tell you about being an opposition supporter at Victoria Park back in the day that would have made that train exchange look witty and civilised by comparison.

Stuff like this has been going on for decades. There's no 'societal norms' when it comes to drunken footy crowds. You are always going to find some flogs. I have seen/heard similar stuff since I was going to the footy as a kid. I am sure there are people older than me who can tell you about being an opposition supporter at Victoria Park back in the day that would have made that train exchange look witty and civilised by comparison.

Everyone’s tough till someone pulls a knife out. Why would you even bother starting a stranger over a footy game lol

Just saw on the news that the Bombers are trying to get Tarrant Thomas to join them.

Brad Scott saying that 'we' as a football community cannot leave him behind.

All while clubs are going to stand united and opposing violence against women this weekend.

What an absolute disgrace of a football club and scumbag coach.

Just saw on the news that the Bombers are trying to get Tarrant Thomas to join them.

Brad Scott saying that 'we' as a football community cannot leave him behind.

All while clubs are going to stand united and opposing violence against women this weekend.

What an absolute disgrace of a football club and scumbag coach.
If the AFL allow this, it would almost be enough for me to bail out on AFL.

It would be so hypocritical of them, although that’s the afl isn’t it.

yep, the Lions/Bears model is exactly what I'm thinking for North.

Start the Devils, and then merge North with them...whether they become the Roos, or stay Devils, I don't care.

19 teams doesn't mean any extra games, so it's worth nothing in TV rights to have 19 teams instead of 18, plus we get to witness the death of the Shinbeggars, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

* their eternal shitfulness
in so far as TV rights go they want more teams not less (note they not me) 20 teams means 10 games not 9 a round, that means an extra 10% for TV rights (canberra, darwin, WA or SA doesn't matter where they would want 1 more)

Everyone’s tough till someone pulls a knife out. Why would you even bother starting a stranger over a footy game lol
They are big heros when they are with there mates. Egging eachother on etc. bunch of smart arses but that's not unusual. That sort of conversation has been going on for ages. Funny how that flog shut his mouth when he realised others were not putting up with what he was saying. It's not funny with mature adults around you maybe amongst your idiot dropkick mates it is. If your resorting to cheap low blow gags in an argument you have lost the argument and it says more about that person.

Dogs are going to have an interesting offseason. Leaking players everywhere.

Smith, Daniels, McCrae, Johannisen, Dale all with a foot out the door.....

Heart and soul of the club getting ripped apart. Bont failing to hold everything together.

Last edited:
I'd stop supporting Hawthorn if we picked up Thomas.

I know a number of Bombers supporters that feel exactly the same way.
Yeah but, I reckon the overwhelming majority would say “heck it, if he can help us win a premiership, then I’m sure he’s not that bad a bloke”.
(NB, I do not want him anywhere near Hawthorn).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott going on about how bad the sub rule is.

So noone asked him about the desicion process in this while he was at AFL HQ?

He and his brother get to spout off all the time with no responsibility. Must be nice
Brad Scott has the inside word. The sub will go and either Essendon or Geelong are into Tarryn Thomas.

Brad Scott going on about how bad the sub rule is.

So noone asked him about the desicion process in this while he was at AFL HQ?

He and his brother get to spout off all the time with no responsibility. Must be nice

I think he said he tried while he was there.

so with the stance AFL is about to take this coming round with Violence against women, are Geelong still going to draft Thomas ?

Probably one of the best points I’ve heard robbo make on 360 tbh. Why do the afl community have a responsibility to save this guy. Every clubs delists good honest community members every year and we don’t baby them through life.

Multiple chances, idk where you stop.

One thing I notice is they hold their positions and shape very well. Ever notice how many rushed kicks always ends up in a Geelongs players lap . Happens to often for it to just be luck.
I have always held the view that Geelong beat Hawthorn 13 times in a row or whatever it was back in the day because their defenders marked the ball and Hawthorns defenders spoiled to the boundary. That alone was enough to decide games by a goal or so in Geelong’s favour.

Defenders marking the ball and rebounding quickly is their entire game plan. Their midfield is almost superseded.

Geelong have mastered the turnover game. They bully their opposition, win the ball back and break at lightning speed.

Carlton cannot beat them because they don’t use the footy well enough. Melbourne set up equally well defensively but also cannot use the ball well enough - this week will be interesting.

But to beat Geelong you need to slice their defence open. I’m not sure who can do it - GWS probably the best shot.

I think he said he tried while he was there.

Probably one of the best points I’ve heard robbo make on 360 tbh. Why do the afl community have a responsibility to save this guy. Every clubs delists good honest community members every year and we don’t baby them through life.

Multiple chances, idk where you stop.
The thing is Sonja Hood said that the services in place to help Tarryn were still going to be available to him even after being given the flick. If he does want to improve and be a better person the help is around.

Support does not need to be giving him hundreds of thousands of dollars and a massive platform as an elite level athlete.

If the AFL wants to be taken seriously on the matter then they need to come out and publicly state that TT will not have his contract registered and will not be allowed to nominate for the draft, indefinitely. Otherwise your minutes silence is just pathetically useless window dressing - which is the AFL’s specialty.

We have seen how quick the AFL can be to come out and shut down speculation on topics when it is fitting so no excuses.

If they are going to come out and make a public stance against domestic violence all weekend and show how much they care, they also need to come out and publicly announce they will not be registering a contract for Tarryn Thomas next year.

Anything short of that and people will rightfully look at as nothing more than pandering to a hot topic as an attempt to draw some positive PR.

For once just don't be cowards AFL and actually stand for something.

If the AFL wants to be taken seriously on the matter then they need to come out and publicly state that TT will not have his contract registered and will not be allowed to nominate for the draft, indefinitely. Otherwise your minutes silence is just pathetically useless window dressing - which is the AFL’s specialty.
LMFAO took the words right out of my mouth. I would love the AFL to prove me wrong here but i will not be holding my breath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back