No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL needs to ban the use of baby oil in the afl. Cats lather that s**t on, Caldwell for Essendons arms are shinier than a new car.
Purely in the interest of not contaminating the ball and Oppo hands. Also causes tackles to slip high. There’s a reason the trainer applies it and Dangerfield doesn’t do it himself.

Highly influential international concussion ‘doctor’ from Melbourne with various sporting ties including AFL… pretty much founded Concussion in Sport Group who run conferences the AFL attend. Makdissi, his student.

Jeremy Cameron, didn’t watch. If in doubt, sit it out.

Hot off the press…

https://retractionwatch.com/2024/05/09/concussion-researcher-mccrory-up-to-17-retractions/
I knew Paul McCrory pretty well and pleases me no end to see the Karma bus collect him. It's not just the plagiarism, it's the fact he has consistently down played the evidence about CTE putting sports people around the world at risk. Industry doctors are generally contemptable. He also did something terrible to a friend.

Added - Paul's poison spread around the world, he was an international expert. You can read this article from the UK Times. From the article:

McCrory’s career started as the team doctor with Collingwood, the Australian Rules club in Melbourne. He soon became an “expert” on concussion. An example of his work was a paper published in 1999 in the British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM) in which he wrote that one of the “myths” was that multiple head injuries could lead to cumulative damage.
He was persuasive and carried people with him, particularly those of a similar opinion. In 2001, he was appointed editor of the BJSM. In one of his earlier editorials, he wrote: “There is no evidence that sustaining several concussions over a sporting career will necessarily result in permanent damage.”

How wrong is that.

Last edited:

GWS’ best is the best in the league their worst is bottom 4.

Big challenge for them is to become more consistent. Will challenge for the flag if they can get it together but can’t be trusted to do it. A lot like Carlton in that respect.
Giants, Carlton and Port all suffer from that: high ceiling, low floor. Geelong the opposite: ceiling not as high, but rarely play genuinely badly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers are cooked and nothing to look forward to.
True and not true. The 2020's are going to be like the 80s for Richmond all over again. And once again, the only player they'll have to look forward to watching week in and week out is Maurice Rioli. Rioli Jnr has a long way to go, but he's already one of the most exciting players for me. It's just too bad they can't get the ball to him.

Sam Banks. That is one of the worst I've ever seen. He will be in my prayers tonight.
I actually thought he'd died. Landed right on his neck from a height and went limp. Good to see him moving his hands while being carted off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back