No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear to god commentators are going to forever keep on citing last weeks game against Port as the benchmark of 1) sides coming back to steal a win or 2) perils of playing too defensive. Am trying to move on ffs, but two nights in a row now they've mentioned it.

Freo are about to lose at home to Collingwood's VFL side.

they have a decent top 5 players then they fall away badly. Collingwood have an excellent system and the players are well drilled and know what to do. Also strong on ground leadership
I don't see much of Freo but I am bewildered at some of the ordinary players on their list.

I swear to god commentators are going to forever keep on citing last weeks game against Port as the benchmark of 1) sides coming back to steal a win or 2) perils of playing too defensive. Am trying to move on ffs, but two nights in a row now they've mentioned it.

That's because BT has limited mental capacity and Brayshaw is a moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fine with the free tbh...but they need to pay it now, in every game, in every position all around the ground, for the rest of the season, Grand Final included. And even against the cats. Good luck Umps.

Just making it up as they go along 😂

OK, let me get this straight. They can waste 60 seconds reviewing a goal or point that Blind Freddie could’ve seen but time off has been called so there is no time wasting but not handing a ball back to an umpire is a free kick against for what? Time wasting? The clock had stopped.

Why can’t we get an independent authority to look at what the AFL is doing to this game and I don’t mean the media. They are controlled by the AFL and don’t have the guts to truly speak out.

I'm fine with the free tbh...but they need to pay it now, in every game, in every position all around the ground, for the rest of the season, Grand Final included. And even against the cats. Good luck Umps.
Seriously?
No way. That was not a free kick.
What’s next. Ball must be rubbed on a players jumper before returned to the umpire. Little bit of polish?
In my day we used to jam the ball into their chest after a ball up.
Harrumph.

Commentary saying all through it was a slugfest. Now pretending it was great entertainment .

Note. It wasn’t, and if you thought it was, we have a problem

Seriously?
No way. That was not a free kick.
What’s next. Ball must be rubbed on a players jumper before returned to the umpire. Little bit of polish?
In my day we used to jam the ball into their chest after a ball up.
Harrumph.
Its a free kick every day of the week and a common rule that any AFL player should know.

OK, let me get this straight. They can waste 60 seconds reviewing a goal or point that Blind Freddie could’ve seen but time off has been called so there is no time wasting but not handing a ball back to an umpire is a free kick against for what? Time wasting? The clock had stopped.

Why can’t we get an independent authority to look at what the AFL is doing to this game and I don’t mean the media. They are controlled by the AFL and don’t have the guts to truly speak out.

I am assuming that it isn't just about the clock. Players hold up play to buy time for the team to set up. Geelong are masters at it and have been doing it for years and years. And umpires do absolutely nothing about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back