No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing that Port are now sitting 2nd and we 100% should have knocked them off at home last week. Hopefully we can do away with Brissie to prove that we're not as up and down as early season form seemed to indicate.
Bombers are second on ladder, and if we kicked even remotely straight in that first game for first 3 quarters we would of won comfortably. Def blue skies ahead. Looking forward to seeing how we go today.

Saints on track for their usual 50 point score.
They are so bad to watch.
If things don't change it would be a club wide issue, it was the current board that brought in RTB.
Can they fesh up and own the mistake or will club politics demand a reshuffle or new board?
Who else becomes canon fodder or collateral damage?

Wilderness beckons.

If things don't change it would be a club wide issue, it was the current board that brought in RTB.
Can they fesh up and own the mistake or will club politics demand a reshuffle or new board?

Wilderness beckons.

Wilderness beckons??

...and the last 15 years they've been where exactly??

Wilderness beckons.

The saints have sneakily stacked games into their youth the last 3 years. Have a handful of young guys who will be very good players. Issue is they look like they want to rebuild but are going to have a tough time stockpiling enough talent to go past other sides with Tassie coming in.

They really need to have the nuts to trade some senior players out for draft capital or they risk being middle ground for another 10 years

I have two friends who are unfortunate Saints fans. Their entire season is like our first quarter against Melbourne only with less backwards kicking. That quarter was nearly soul-destroying for me. My two friends watch the football looking like 4000-year-old, half-dessicated mummies. They don't even have the energy left to push the start button on the microwave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two friends who are unfortunate Saints fans. Their entire season is like our first quarter against Melbourne only with less backwards kicking. That quarter was nearly soul-destroying for me. My two friends watch the football looking like 4000-year-old, half-dessicated mummies. They don't even have the energy left to push the start button on the microwave.
You'd think that they might try to change course, try to play a more attacking brand, like we did after that match against Melbourne. With Ross in charge, you wonder if they'll ever be allowed.

Sent from my CPH2343 using Tapatalk

Back in 1966, the Grand Final was the first VFL game I paid attention to. As a kid, I imagined I was a St.Kilda supporter, kids tend to follow the top side. That all changed in 1968 when I first saw Peter Hudson play, and I became a Hawks fan. Thank you Huddo!!!! :)

That said, I'd like to see the Saints crack it for another flag .... so long as it's not against Hawthorn.

Back in 1966, the Grand Final was the first VFL game I paid attention to. As a kid, I imagined I was a St.Kilda supporter, kids tend to follow the top side. That all changed in 1968 when I first saw Peter Hudson play, and I became a Hawks fan. Thank you Huddo!!!! :)

That said, I'd like to see the Saints crack it for another flag .... so long as it's not against Hawthorn.
This is basically the same experience that I had. I liked the Saints as a kid but as soon as I saw Peter Hudson
I was a Hawk for life. Thank you Huddo !!!

Yep, me too.

As a Tassie boy, I was always going to support the team that Huddo went to.

The rest is (happy) history.

PS. 26 is still my lucky number

I was wondering if St Kilda had a heap of injuries, checked the injury list and there is 1, player on the list!! Crazy this is the best side they can field.

Sent from my CPH2343 using Tapatalk

On paper they have a gun ruckman, a midfield unit that is hard at it and good in the contest (albeit one-paced), some elite outside players, a quality KPF, decent small forwards and third talls, and a strong defence. Essentially all they are really missing is a fast game breaking midfielder. Something needs to change there.

Apropos of nothing, quite funny ladder situation atm...

Top Sydney 10 wins, 1 loss 150%
2nd bottom Richmond 1 win, 10 losses 61%

The one abberation for each of them...

The saints have sneakily stacked games into their youth the last 3 years. Have a handful of young guys who will be very good players. Issue is they look like they want to rebuild but are going to have a tough time stockpiling enough talent to go past other sides with Tassie coming in.

They really need to have the nuts to trade some senior players out for draft capital or they risk being middle ground for another 10 years
They have drafted well recently but they don’t have much worth trading or could afford to trade is the problem. Marshall would be the one. Battle they should strike a deal with us to secure band 1 take someone surplus to needs for a higher pick for example. They need to get moving as you say no point keeping Marshall.

Interestingly Hawthorn approached the MCC in 1963/64 about playing home games at the MCG. The MCC responded by alerting Richmond and a deal was reached for them to play home games at the MCG from 1965. It made sense for Richmond to play home games at the MCG however an additional factor could have been Hawthorn’s premiership in 1961 and strong showings against Melbourne.

I have looked as best I can for the 2012 Peter Crimmins Medal video, YouTube and a general Google. Does anyone where else it may be? This is the closest I got but it leads to nowhere. Cheers.

I have looked as best I can for the 2012 Peter Crimmins Medal video, YouTube and a general Google. Does anyone where else it may be? This is the closest I got but it leads to nowhere. Cheers.

Just out of curiosity - what’s the reason for looking for this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back