George Brandis - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see by the posters commenting that he is kicking arse.
Nah, just responding to you and your predictable analysis but I do take back the lying part, he is just rambling and has no idea what he is saying but the muppets from the right keep supporting him which makes great watching.

I LOL when one of them said, 'enquiry over' as soon as Brandis made his short (40 min) opening statement. That was a very clever move as I think half of them fell asleep. Only thing that kept me awake was that I was waiting for something coherent for him to say.

I knew somewhere he was going to slip 'Labor' in his statement and he didn't disappoint.
Buffoon of the highest order.

Last edited:
Maybe the solicitor-general needs to resign. If he can't get over his ego and work with the governor-general, he might be the one who is the problem!
You "brain scientist":D

"How many times have you appeared before the High Court as a QC".
Brandis: umm errr, waffle waffle None. Became a QC after I entered parliament.

Says it all really.
It is all about definition - Consultation.
What a shame for those of you that can remember, Steve Wizard and his show Fast Forward is not on the air.
Wealth of material yesterday.
We need someone like Samantha Bee (SBS Full Frontal).

As an aside, was watching Barnaby when Kelly Dwyer went to the podium to speak, didn't realise he is a legs man. Watched her all the way. Very funny.
Before, anyone takes offence - no harm in appreciating legs. He is not Trump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is all about definition - Consultation.
What a shame for those of you that can remember, Steve Wizard and his show Fast Forward is not on the air.
Wealth of material yesterday.
We need someone like Samantha Bee (SBS Full Frontal).

As an aside, was watching Barnaby when Kelly Dwyer went to the podium to speak, didn't realise he is a legs man. Watched her all the way. Very funny.
Before, anyone takes offence - no harm in appreciating legs. He is not Trump.
Barnaby was admiring her shoes, thinking how much Christopher Pyne would love them for Xmas.

and people don't have a problem with Gleason divulging his discussions with Brandis to Dreyfus, nice to see legal confidentiality been maintained!! In fact why is the Solicitor General even discussing anything with the Shadow Attorney spokesperson. In fact I'd be disappointed if the heads of any public service worked with any opposition no matter who the party.

and people don't have a problem with Gleason divulging his discussions with Brandis to Dreyfus, nice to see legal confidentiality been maintained!! In fact why is the Solicitor General even discussing anything with the Shadow Attorney spokesperson. In fact I'd be disappointed if the heads of any public service worked with any opposition no matter who the party.
Think you need to read the transcript or have watched it live, answers were very brief. He had to either respond as he did or make no comment.
If no comment, could have been an even bigger issue.

Every government department works with the opposition, it is how good democracy works. OPEN and TRANSPARENT.
Why do you think Abbott went to the Commission of Audit for his policy? Because it was complete BS, based on nothing more than BS.
Government departments are not there to back up BS that the government of the day tries to pass off as policy.

If you're thinking of a lawyer's legal obligations to their client, that doesn't apply here.

Brandis is probably the closest pollie to the true definition of assclown.

Brandis is not Gleason's client.
Do you know anything at all about the Law or are you as competent as Brandis and simply barracking for the moron on your "team"?

This is an internet forum where I can express whatever opinion I like, whether I'm an expert on the subject or not.

He is the Solicitor-General. Therefore he is the authority on all legal matters pertaining to the Commonwealth.

Therefore if the Opposition, minor party, independent or anyone else seeks legal clarification on any matter, he or she should be free to assist without government interference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back