Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

This post has received 7 reactions, all negative:

I'll bet he has no idea why.

(Hint: "Fogarty (who had 14 possessions, 7 marks, 3 tackles and kicked 4 goals) played well, but if he hadn't played so badly we would've won" makes no sense).

I hope Fogarty plays that badly every week.

He’s not now, and has never been all that he imagines himself to be.

Fogarty will of course get coaches votes

After a shaky start to your relationship, you two are turning into Simon and Garfunkel

The sad thing is those two now listen to the sounds of silence and only communicate through their lawyers. I don't think I will be that extreme with Sanders.

Seems spot on to me.

Where do you think we see him?
I think we see him as Dawson.

Attacking defensive piece that moves up into the midfield.

That's largely what got him drafted so high. It's exactly where WCE would be playing him as well.

I'm sure we hoped he could counter attack off Ah Chee, who would potentially be a bit loose and may push up the ground. Instead Ah Chee had him on the day - good learning experience for him.

When Lachie Whitfield or Nick Daicos slide to half back why don't their direct opponents just drag them back to the goal square?

Because they stay where they are. The other defenders stay as they are. They keep their structure. Someone else slides across to pick up their man.

Because their coaches have a brain.

We had Jordon Butts up at midfield stoppages in Q4 FFS

Because Hipwood went up there and it's not in our capability to go hmmmmm maybe Jordon, you stay deep in defence and someone else can take Hipwood. Or heck, let him go completely and we'll take the plus one gift.

We're a budget version of a coaching panel and our players suffer for it.
The players should rotate off in those situations, as they're instructed to.

It's not like the coaches can send a runner out. That's 100% on Butts and the senior defenders to not reorganise, as they absolutely would be instructed to.

It also doesn't respond to NSolis point, which is that Curtin is going to need a level of defensive skill and commitment, no matter what role he plays. You can't consistently lose contested one-on-ones.

HB is an attacking defensive role and can be part of a midfield apprenticeship as the game comes to you.

Yes there is an element of stopping an opponent, like all roles. But HB/wing would be perfect for Curtin to learn midfield play.

Not the pure stopper role he waa playing before being subbed out.

With Worrell injured, he should now have a chance to play a more attacking defensive role.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That wasn't his role. Ah Chee is a half forward who pushes up the ground. It's a good matchup for Curtin - it's just one that he lost.

It's like everyone thinks Nicks should have foreseen Worralls wrist getting snapped. Our tall defense was having issues with Brisbane's smalls so they subbed Curtain for Nank don't have a problem with this, injury can't be predicted
You don’t sub at half time. Injuries happen in football. Move the kid up the ground first, get him involved in the game. He’s killed Pedlars confidence, now Curtins.

Yep. Mchenry/keays would've chased that down and put in the effort and we probably win.

But this board never changes and will give him applause for taking the game on at other points
McHenry would have chased it down and somehow prevented a point/boundary throw in and turned it over leading to a scoring chance at the other end.

The guy is a useless footballer

The players should rotate off in those situations, as they're instructed to.

It's not like the coaches can send a runner out. That's 100% on Butts and the senior defenders to not reorganise, as they absolutely would be instructed to.

It also doesn't respond to NSolis point, which is that Curtin is going to need a level of defensive skill and commitment, no matter what role he plays. You can't consistently lose contested one-on-ones.
That sounds like Nicks'-style player blaming

If the structure doesn't allow players to switch, that's on the coaches

If the players are meant to switch but haven't rehearsed it well enough to react quickly on game day, that's on the coaches

If we've rehearsed it plenty but a player like Butts is still incapable of following direction on game day, that's on the coaches because they keep picking him.

Rookies aren't the finished product. If we need Curtin to work on the defensive side of his game maybe Q4 last week when we were winning comfortably would have been a good opportunity?

Can anyone give me a single reason why Chayce Jones is better value to us on a wing rather than in defence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was beaten as a defender.

Long term that is not his role.

Move him to wing or even HB.

Start his midfield education.

IF we wasted pick 8, after trading to get that pick, and see him as a pure defender, Then our club can not identify talent.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven’t really read or heard anything from the club as to where they see him fit. I highly doubt it is as a mid though. Which would be disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Goodness me the constant McHenry bashing gets tiresome when he was better than Tex, Smith, Hinge, Curtin, Nank, Cook. By no means was Ned spectacular today but wasn't the main reason we didnt win.

Soligo unreal again, Rankine a star and Fog starting to work back into some form. Losing Worrell is going to hurt considering his form, but hopefully Nicks an co. continue to back in Curtin.
You’re dreaming if you think McHenry was better than half the players you mentioned. Nank! Really ! ?

Can anyone give me a single reason why Chayce Jones is better value to us on a wing rather than in defence?
Yeah I'm not a fan. Can't have low football IQ players in a position that is extremely structural and requires a lot of reading of the play to be in a good, useful position

We desperately need more class in our team, and no Nicks, that doesn't mean dropping McHenry for Murphy.
Nicks trying to work out how he can justify picking both McHenry and Murphy

images.jpeg

Not in Adelaide at the moment so I've only watched the last qtr on replay.

1) was Kelli Underwood dressed in a tutu with streamers in each hand while she was cheerleading the Lions? FMD it's unbearable to listen to. Unbearable besides the cheerleading also.

2) was entertaining footy. Didn't think we were as bad as the game day comments suggest.

3) Fog - beast!

4) wish we had two Dawsons.

Good:
When you are 3 goals down halfway through the last quarter, a draw is a win.
Sholl was great, got dangerous and he is really good on both sides of his body.
Dawson, so powerful out of stoppage in the last quarter
Fogarty, please play like that every week. Recorded as 2 contested marks, but felt more like 10. That goal to put us in front was brilliant.

Bad:
Good defenders intercept marking everything that goes into our forward line.
Himmelberg just couldn't engage Harris Andrews well enough, Tex got beaten, he has those issues with guys like Pearce, Balta etc.
Brisbanes disposal going inside 50 was way better than ours, almost no intercept marks. But we kept Cameron quiet at least.

Ugly:
It wasn't the amount of decisions, it was the stupid calls.
Dawson front on contact in the goal square, Lairds "throw" when we go on and score, Andrews just walking it out of bounds, Rachele front on contact with an open 50.... pivotal moments where we got dudded.

Worrells injury, hopefully only a fracture or something 4-6 weeks.

Curtin isn't ready, needs a good preseason.

PUT LAIRD BACK IN DEFENCE, PLEASE.

Yup, not enough frustration in here for the sh***y inconsistent umpiring.

Umpiring was absolutely disgraceful and pathetic last night.

I'm sick of being dudded constantly AND in critical moments.

Time to get angry Crow fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back