Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The backs were under siege for all but the last 15 minutes and I thought did a great job to limit the damage. It could have been a lot uglier. Milera in particular was the general back there. Max is Ben Hart mk2, only stronger in the hips and is already so reliable, and getting better and better.

We trained for slippery condition by bombing the ball, GCS didn't do this and built a lead. The rain came and that's when you play the condition by bombing the ball. Then the rain stopped and we continue to bomb the ball until the last 1.5 quarter.
My point was more we are not a smart team, when we can play how we want to it works well, if we get punched in the mouth so to speak and have to actually think out on the field we struggle.

I like Pedlar but it would be nice if he could kick an easy set shot. He's one of those guys I'd rather have kicking for goal on the run, under pressure.
Seems to have great goal sense as long as he doesn't have time to think about it.

The miss in the second quarter, from 35 out straight in front, when we couldn't buy a score was so deflating. You gotta kick those. Those kicks teamwide repeatedly cost us games last year.

Hey, at least we have the best PR department in the country and we always show how noble we are by submitting to the AFL when they screw us over. What a club! This is my favourite group of politicians to support!

Don't you guys worry, the Crows lost, but their spin will be A+ so we can all sleep easy knowing all the right things were said and after all, when it comes to making profit at a club that clearly hasn't got winning at the top of their priority list, saying the right thing is essential to get fans to keep giving them money.

I have every faith that the club will say everything they need to in order to ensure all the fans keep giving them money.

Hey, at least we have the best PR department in the country and we always show how noble we are by submitting to the AFL when they screw us over. What a club! This is my favourite group of politicians to support!

Don't you guys worry, the Crows lost, but their spin will be A+ so we can all sleep easy knowing all the right things were said and after all, when it comes to making profit at a club that clearly hasn't got winning at the top of their priority list, saying the right thing is essential to get fans to keep giving them money.

I have every faith that the club will say everything they need to in order to ensure all the fans keep giving them money.

They extracted some very lucrative advertising opportunities in exchange for getting screwed last year though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly: torched four valuable, needed a the the end of the year, points.

Bad: a half of play will paper over the cracks.

Good: put Crouch in my fantasy team

I'm not sure why people are praising Pedlar. Yes he had a couple of nice break away moments, but 8 disposals is pretty pathetic. Especially in this weather which due to his crash and bash style should be his bread and butter.

Because he's played very few games, and yet shows a greater impact in 5 possessions than Laird in 30.

Last quarter should not gloss over the absolute rubbish that was served up for 3 quarters. No connection going forward and kicking 1 goal in half of football is pathetic. Despite the conditions, Darcy needed to show more, can't keeping hiding in Tex's shadow. We saw this with the Sydney game last year where we are no where to be seen for 3 quarters and then decide to turn up in the last. Will get players back for Friday but will need to vastly improve to stand a chance against the cats.

Was at the game.
Rubbish game plan, stagnant off half back.. literally stopping and holding up play.
Zero run to create space or be an option.
Berry tried his guts out from the start.
Burgess is a poor man's Billy Frampton.
Gollant got rag dolled by Collins off the ball, he's not ready.

Watching taking the next step , Craig McRae is so impressive. Nicks is not at that level sadly

Geez Nicks was great in the press conference, everything the club could hope for with public relations. No doubt he'll get re-signed with that fantastic press conference performance.

Now the club just have to hope that virtue signaling and PR stunts are what sponsors are looking for...

I'm not sure why people are praising Pedlar. Yes he had a couple of nice break away moments, but 8 disposals is pretty pathetic. Especially in this weather which due to his crash and bash style should be his bread and butter.
Only a couple? I say nearly all those disposals were impactful, even the horrible set shot was after he took a very strong overhead mark in slippery condition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back