Review Good, the bad and the ugly v Demons in NT

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say he was poor. Someone said he dominated, I said he didn't, someone said he was superb, I said he wasn't, you said he was influential, I said he wasn't.

This is the problem, you all vastly overrate what he does, and then violently overreact to any kind of differing opinion or criticism, and pile it all together in the 0 of a binary system, and scream for the people who make those posts to shut up or be banned.

Ok then on a scale of 1 to 10, where 5 is acceptable/a pass mark and 10 is a clear 3 Brownlow vote game, where do you rate Brads game vs Melbourne?

It is a coaching tactic. WBulldogs have been working and developing this under their coach (whats his name) for seasons.
Absolutely is. In fact, this year we are a lot better at a similar thing - when you get tackled, don't dispose of it immediately. Flirt with danger and roll/spin around and wait for cavalry to arrive, then drop/throw/flub it out to your team mate's advantage. Atkins is actually really good at this (when in form).

It sort of sucks that the tactic is required and used, but thank christ the crows have finally caught up with the rest of the league.

I didn't say he was poor. Someone said he dominated, I said he didn't, someone said he was superb, I said he wasn't, you said he was influential, I said he wasn't.

This is the problem, you all vastly overrate what he does, and then violently overreact to any kind of differing opinion or criticism, and pile it all together in the 0 of a binary system, and scream for the people who make those posts to shut up or be banned.
He was influential.

It's a complete nonsense to think otherwise.

Nothing to do with binary, but pure observation!

Probably about a 6, which is none of dominating, superb, influential, or poor.

So if he could play at that level or above for the next couple of games, will you be of the opinion he is best 22 for us?

Ahhh... a good old fashioned shitfight

For the sanity of everyone who reads the board, yes maybe the Crouchs were good/bad, but let's not devolve into pages upon pages of terribly, terribly bad arguments about it, huh?

I am will to concede, they were on the ground at some stage of the match.

To be fair, i'm sure Rabbit was baited about the brothers again and asked what he thought. I've been guilty of it in the past too

We all know where he stands in regards to the brothers Crouch. We all knew what he was going to say about their games last night. Time to leave it alone IMO. We know they'll be decent to good (or better) and Rabbit will down play it

Time to forget about what he thinks about them
s**t opinions deserve scrutiny. The option for throwing these players a bone is still there when he's pressed for a response.

The hapless obsessives tag me and ask what I thought of them after every game, snickering to themselves in assurance that nobody could possibly disagree with them, because disloyalty is treason.

I reply with my opinion and disagree, queue them losing their s**t and spending a few pages accusing me of being obsessed.

He really, really hasn't. He's improved his basic numbers since early in the season, but he's still not having any meaningful positive impact on our game.
Just have a decent opinion and you'll be fine ;)

Alas, this is true. Not a hope in hell of being All-Australian this year.

3. Sloane's tagging woes are hurting his reputation

There was a time this season when Rory Sloane, an All Australian last year, was the Brownlow Medal favourite. That status is a long way in the rearview mirror as he continues to struggle with being tagged. Demon Bernie Vince lowered Sloane's colours for the second time this season, extending a patch where the Crow has failed to reach 20 disposals five times in 10 matches. To be fair, his night ended in the third quarter after his head hit the ground in a Dean Kent tackle, but Sloane had just four first-half possessions. Coach Don Pyke tells us Sloane is contributing in other ways and Adelaide is not a one-man band, which is all well and good. But there is only one conclusion to come to: Sloane cannot be considered elite until he consistently proves he can perform to his usual high standards in spite of a tag. - Marc McGowan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-16/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good
I thought it was a mistake to play Brown after he limped off last week. Pyke assured us it was 'just a knock' which I was sceptical of. Well... colour me impressed.

Plenty were skeptical that Lynch would be ready after being in intensive care and losing 5kg to illness.

Club 2 - Us 0

Lynch looked light on his feet, maybe the weight loss helped.

There was a time this season when Rory Sloane, an All Australian last year, was the Brownlow Medal favourite. That status is a long way in the rearview mirror as he continues to struggle with being tagged. Demon Bernie Vince lowered Sloane's colours for the second time this season, extending a patch where the Crow has failed to reach 20 disposals five times in 10 matches. To be fair, his night ended in the third quarter after his head hit the ground in a Dean Kent tackle, but Sloane had just four first-half possessions. Coach Don Pyke tells us Sloane is contributing in other ways and Adelaide is not a one-man band, which is all well and good. But there is only one conclusion to come to: Sloane cannot be considered elite until he consistently proves he can perform to his usual high standards in spite of a tag. - Marc McGowan

Doesn't have to be Elite. But does need help. Get another blue chipper in there and see what happens to his performance..... Can't do it on his own

Not sure what the big plan that the coach said pre-game to cope with Sloane's tag was, but unless it involved him getting injured it didn't work

Oh geez guys just leave the rabbit be. He throws out a crumb and reels you in. Both the Crouch boys were good. Brad's tackling has been really good in the past few weeks. He is building at the right time of the season.
The rat was terrible, he needs a run in the twos.
Ling saying Lynch was in the ICU for two weeks was hilarious.
Tex, smith and lairdy are back.
Lynch was at his best. Gov and him make it so hard to match up.
The cats are the big test. One that we haven't handled well for a while now.

Good
I thought it was a mistake to play Brown after he limped off last week. Pyke assured us it was 'just a knock' which I was sceptical of. Well... colour me impressed.

Plenty were skeptical that Lynch would be ready after being in intensive care and losing 5kg to illness.

Club 2 - Us 0

I think its more like about 30 - 3 :D

He throws out a crumb and reels you in..

Ignoring the fact that again, like every week, they were the ones who tagged me in and asked for a reply.

The only players I spoke about in my first post were Greenwood, Dangerfield, Viney, Jones, Tyson, Walker, Jenkins, McGovern, Lynch, Tom McDonald, Hogan, and Pederson.

Brad Crouch almost won the rising star award in his first year of playing. He was really a gun rookie, seems like his foot injuries have gotten the better of him in previous years, but he's started to play much more consistent sincce end of last year until now. I think we still yet to have seen the best of Brad, hopefully he peaks come the Finals! Basically, if both Crouches fire up ~ 30 disposals each, we tend to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back