Game Day Grand Final Opponent watch thread (AKA Preliminary Final #2) Giants vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't even believe there is a discussion around Cotchin, he could've punched Shiel and they'll still let him off.
dude316 can you add some names to this please ?

These acts have been determined by the MRP to be ''all good'' and all players good to play in the GF

giphy.webp

But what exactly did he do. Occasionally there will be incidents in which players get concussed through no fault or negligence by the opposition player. What exactly was negligent, or reckless about the act? Also, if Geelong's medical reports come out and it turns out Danger has mild, late onset concussion, you'd resign yourself to Sloane getting suspended? There is no way Cotchin gets done for that.
What did he do? He chose to bump, and he concussed him with a bump to the head.

Trying to compare that to Sloane and Danger clashing is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

As with Tyson Edwards in 2002, there's no thought for the player put out of the game who had his preliminary final and possible grand final taken away from him.

Kreuzer gets KO'd by Patrick and everyone is "Poor Patrick won't get a 2nd medal" No consideration for Kreuzer who had a brain injury FFS

Pathetic

Oh I expect it to happen and both Cotch and Sloane will play.
Why are ppl even mentioning sloane. That was two players going in hard and even biased victorian commentators acknowledge that. Cotchin's was a premeditated thug act that put gws's top mid out of the game and cost gws a potential flag. Sorry, cotchin will not play.

i noticed complaints about the umpiring on the main board. the replay isnt up yet but i saw the name nicholls and i wanted to vomit.

whats our general consensus of the umpiring for the tigers v gws? the main board seems to think the tigers got a ride when it mattered, missed frees, and then an evening up of the numbers in junk time.

i noticed complaints about the umpiring on the main board. the replay isnt up yet but i saw the name nicholls and i wanted to vomit.

whats our general consensus of the umpiring for the tigers v gws? the main board seems to think the tigers got a ride when it mattered, missed frees, and then an evening up of the numbers in junk time.

GWS got reamed enormously. Worse than our match against Geelong. Soft frees to Richmond, missed frees to GWS, inconsistent HTB calls, inconsistent play on calls, the whole lot.

GWS got reamed enormously. Worse than our match against Geelong. Soft frees to Richmond, missed frees to GWS, inconsistent HTB calls, inconsistent play on calls, the whole lot.

I can tell you i nearly had to go to anger management after 2012. and i dont like being screwed over twice.

nicholls pannell stevic etc etc. its the usual names. i hope our club has learnt from previous experiences. nicholls umpired today for the tigers.

i would be onto the umpiring department first thing on monday to get the names for the big dance, go through their performances, voice our concerns, and get a response. if nicholls is on the roll call, i would officially ask for his replacement.

if i was getting screwed over, i would at least like to stare down the scum.

Why are ppl even mentioning sloane. That was two players going in hard and even biased victorian commentators acknowledge that. Cotchin's was a premeditated thug act that put gws's top mid out of the game and cost gws a potential flag. Sorry, cotchin will not play.

Thug act? Cotchin got the ball.If we lose can we blame the MRP like all the posters are going to blame the umps if you lose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of sloane and cotchin, I only just watched the cotchin incident. Seemed very much like a footy contest, rather than anything with malice, but it caused a concussion. Thing is, sloane was rubbed out late last year, for a footy contest that caused concussion. Sloaney was attempting to spoil, but clipped eberts (i think) head and port reported he was concussed (despite him going out on the field #WTFport) and as a result Sloaney got one game.

Though the contests were different in type, they are very similar in the scenario that unfolded, namely, footy contest - miscue - concussion. So I think Cotchin should / will go.

Speaking of sloane and cotchin, I only just watched the cotchin incident. Seemed very much like a footy contest, rather than anything with malice, but it caused a concussion. Thing is, sloane was rubbed out late last year, for a footy contest that caused concussion. Sloaney was attempting to spoil, but clipped eberts (i think) head and port reported he was concussed (despite him going out on the field #WTFport) and as a result Sloaney got one game.

Though the contests were different in type, they are very similar in the scenario that unfolded, namely, footy contest - miscue - concussion. So I think Cotchin should / will go.
Sloane did not cause a concussion with that spoil on Ebert.

Thug act? Cotchin got the ball.If we lose can we blame the MRP like all the posters are going to blame the umps if you lose?
Lol - mate we aren't cheering for Cotchin to get rubbed out to help us win the premiership ... we are well aware that the AFL will do everything it can to get him and Ellis off. The fact is, that happens in round 20 and both Cotchin and Ellis are gone.

Hell, look at the AFL name on the video on the AFL site: "Shiel sore after this contest with Cotchin' ... really? Not 'Shiel concussed after high bump from Cotchin' ?

As far as the umps go, did you watch last year's GF? Don't think it doesn't happen.

I think it's Astbury who could go...
Shiels was holding his shoulder and played on after the Cotchin hit and a little later Astbury stepped over the ball and body blocked him hard, looked like it rattled him

I believe GWS have stated it was delayed concussion and the AFL themselves have stated that delayed concussion is a thing in about 20% of cases.

It was horrific.

Make no mistake, we're going to get Crows vs Hawthorn in finals level umpiring.

We MUST be a 5 goal better side than them just to be in with a shot.

Cotchin propelled his whole body into shiel while tucking his arm in the bumping motion and collected his f***ing head, what am i missing of course he "won the ball" as shiel was hit in the HEAD and out of the contest leaving cotchin the only bloke near it, please tiger fans tell me how he doesnt receive a fine......

I believe GWS have stated it was delayed concussion and the AFL themselves have stated that delayed concussion is a thing in about 20% of cases.
Ok, he never went to ground or lost his feet though...
I don't wanna argue the point I honestly think it's a better system if the afl keep they're noses out of this stuff.
Best of luck youse lot, I dunno if the Tiges can play as fast as you guys can and we won't have as big of a crowd but a good games a close game
Go TIGES

It was horrific.

Make no mistake, we're going to get Crows vs Hawthorn in finals level umpiring.

We MUST be a 5 goal better side than them just to be in with a shot.
Go back and watch the GF from last year. It's a good indicator of what happens when an "interstate" team is up against the fairytale story Victorian side.

It is going to be some rough treatment indeed.

Go back and watch the GF from last year. It's a good indicator of what happens when an "interstate" team is up against the fairytale story Victorian side.

It is going to be some rough treatment indeed.

Yep pretty much.

Only difference is bulldogs got it all home and away last year and learned how to play with it and exploit it. They actually adapted their tactics to get the most benefit from it they could.

Our one saving grace may be that Richmond have only become the umpiring pets very recently and they haven't learned how to fully exploit it yet.

Was any one else underwhelmed with the game ? The spectacle of the crowd and the emotion was fun. But as far the game goes, I didn't feel the pressure or attack was massive and the disposal of both teams was poor. It was hardly the hawks of old or the attack of last years dogs

Was any one else underwhelmed with the game ? The spectacle of the crowd and the emotion was fun. But as far the game goes, I didn't feel the pressure or attack was massive and the disposal of both teams was poor. It was hardly the hawks of old or the attack of last years dogs dogs

Richmonds pressure was good in the first quarter, just like it was vs us in the home and away.

I just don't think they can sustain it all game. We saw GWS start to get clean breaks and then * it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back