Opinion Hamish Hartlett - What now?

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the HH haters who do you bring in?
Riley Bonner? no doubt you are the same people who have spent the last 4 years calling for his head.
Hamish is not in career best form but who is, other than Ollie?
I think my biggest positive is we have alot of improvement left in us, and at 5-2 we are in a great position to build big momentum.
HH has plenty of credits.

I still remember everyone calling a premature end to Boakys career.

I’m still baffled by his premature eviction from the midfield, when it was blatantly obvious his legs hadn’t gone, and he could gut-run harder than ever.

“Let’s make the team worse, for no apparent reason!”

5150C677-E2FA-46E9-8A11-F5D9F50502BD.jpeg

I'm not ready to banish him to the SANFL yet I've got a hunch a few of our senior players will have a better 2nd half of the year, no science just feels.

It seems like Gray has started each of the last three seasons with a question mark over his name before falling in to dependable Gray form.

Hartlett ain't Gray but.

It seems like Gray has started each of the last three seasons with a question mark over his name before falling in to dependable Gray form.

Hartlett ain't Gray but.
Yea I ain't expecting miracles but it wouldn't surprise me if Hartlett gets back into decent form.

Yea I ain't expecting miracles but it wouldn't surprise me if Hartlett gets back into decent form.

Right now though 'decent form' for Hartlett isn't enough to keep younger players out. Unless he is doing Hartlett specific things more regularly like long goals, it isn't worth it.

I’m still baffled by his premature eviction from the midfield, when it was blatantly obvious his legs hadn’t gone, and he could gut-run harder than ever.

“Let’s make the team worse, for no apparent reason!”

View attachment 1119311
The dumbest thing about Boak being kicked out of the midfield that everyone forgets is that we moved him out to make room for Wingard. And then we traded Wingard.

Cant question his love for the club or commitment and he is also very popular amongst the playing group.
But I'm in the play Bergman and Jones camp both hammer and rocky won't get another contract with us next yr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I thought he would publicly take a 'focusing on playing at the moment' approach rather than declaring he wants to play for a couple more years. I assume his manager approached the club, as you'd expect, and the club will wait until closer to the end of the season to make a decision.

Interesting. I thought he would publicly take a 'focusing on playing at the moment' approach rather than declaring he wants to play for a couple more years. I assume his manager approached the club, as you'd expect, and the club will wait until closer to the end of the season to make a decision.
Be nice if we took this approach with coaching contracts

I would be keen to keep him around the club and in our sanfl team for a year or two, I think we should be careful about jettisoning our core over 30s Gray Boak, Jonas and hartlett all at once id like to see them have a retirement plan where they become part time development coaches and help train the kids coming through like Tommy Logan did for a few seasons.

For all the HH haters who do you bring in?
Riley Bonner? no doubt you are the same people who have spent the last 4 years calling for his head.
Hamish is not in career best form but who is, other than Ollie?
I think my biggest positive is we have alot of improvement left in us, and at 5-2 we are in a great position to build big momentum.
HH has plenty of credits.
Bonner is better up the ground, Bergman can tuck in behind him. You also have Lienert, or McKenzie if we want to be taller. Jones will be back later also. We have options.

If you want to know why Hartlett is how he is, I give you an excerpt from his interview on the AFL website:

"To be here eight or nine years later and being a really successful football club – both on field and off field – nowadays is something I'm very, very proud of. Having been a part of that journey all the way through is something I reflect on pretty frequently.

"I'm just super happy to be a part of this football club now which is genuinely contending for a premiership, whereas eight or nine years ago we couldn't have been any further off the pace."

What success, Hamish?

If you want to know why Hartlett is how he is, I give you an excerpt from his interview on the AFL website:

"To be here eight or nine years later and being a really successful football club – both on field and off field – nowadays is something I'm very, very proud of. Having been a part of that journey all the way through is something I reflect on pretty frequently.

"I'm just super happy to be a part of this football club now which is genuinely contending for a premiership, whereas eight or nine years ago we couldn't have been any further off the pace."

What success, Hamish?
The rest of the article talks about his acceptance of being a good teammate and good role player, after he initially was disappointed that he didn’t become the player he and others expected. The whole article smacks of good-ordinary footballer and team. More in keeping with a West Adelaide footballer not the sort of success we dream of and USED to be accustomed to.

What success, Hamish?
Is that a legit response?
Jesus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back