Have West Coast been the biggest disappointment of 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coasts midfield is crap. No speed or x factor in there. And they struggle for clearances despite Nic and Cox's absolute domination in the tap outs.

Also lack of a couple of small forward to crumb and pressure the opposion when they go foward.

Still looks to be playing Collingwood's old game using the wings.

Their tall forwards are potent, but their midfield is shocking. Not accountable and slow and really poor delivery. Can understand why they've tried to stockpile KPP but with nothing in the middle, there's no way the will stand up to better sides.

Gaff, Shuey, S Selwood, Masten and Priddis. Honourable mention to Kerr cause he is tough as nails but has very little impact on games any more.

They have already won more games then I ever thought they would.

Their tall forwards are potent, but their midfield is shocking. Not accountable and slow and really poor delivery. Can understand why they've tried to stockpile KPP but with nothing in the middle, there's no way the will stand up to better sides.

We haven't really tried to stack the forward line. We got Kennedy, but would have preferred to keep Judd. LeCras has been there forever. Only a fool would have passed on Darling at his pick. Hill came over cheap. And then we just have a few good resting ruckmen.

1. Has the great Dean Cox finally run his race? He is looking old to me.
2. Has LeCras actually recovered from his ACL? Doesnt look the same player.
3. Why the f*** doesnt Woosha throw darling into the middle? He is the same size as Barlow/Mundy/Fyfe and could bust a few packs. Instead he sits in the forward line like a stale bottle of beer while the midfield gets creamed.

3. Why the f*** doesnt Woosha throw darling into the middle? He is the same size as Barlow/Mundy/Fyfe and could bust a few packs. Instead he sits in the forward line like a stale bottle of beer while the midfield gets creamed.
Shut up idiot tell em to put hams in the middle ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Yes, he is nearly 32 years old and has one more season left at most. Was poor tonight but is still one of the better ruckmen in the AFL.
2. No idea RE: ACL recovery but was very poor tonight and is not immune from being dropped.
3. We have a Plan A. When Plan A doesn't work, we revert to Plan A. When that doesn't work, we revert to Plan A.

There was a bit of talk about giving Darling a run in the middle halfway though the third but it never got to the voting stage at committee and everyone agreed to place it on the agenda for next Thursdays '2014 visions' meeting where they expect the idea to get up unanimously.

</jaded>

Funnily enough on of the only blokes having a good crack tonight was Josh Hill. Anyway your side were sublime tonight, you didn't win because we had no heart.
I'd never imagined Richmond-Sublime mentioned in the same sentence

Looking at their draw, I only see 3 games as "most likely wins", going by their form so far, they would lose their other 9 games

1. Perhaps. Needs to knuckle down or stand aside at seasons end.
2. Is it his ACL, arm, change or role? It's all three.
3. Darling has no left side, is pretty average below his knees, and by hand. He shouldn't be played deep but he's no CHF. He should play off the flank where he isn't asked to be an integral part of our spine.

We haven't really tried to stack the forward line. We got Kennedy, but would have preferred to keep Judd. LeCras has been there forever. Only a fool would have passed on Darling at his pick. Hill came over cheap. And then we just have a few good resting ruckmen.

I think he is referring to your drafting. As a Freo fan, you guys seemed to pick up talls all the time and we went for more mids. We should have swapped a few, although at the moment the mids are winning.

Amazing how a team with the best ruck division and forward line in the comp can be such a poor team. Really goes to show just how ordinary the midfield is

The people who were tipping a premiership challenge in the pre-season were kidding themselves anyway in my view. I've had that view from the start of the year.

There seems to be a very serious issue with workrate and effort and our side is full of one-paced plodders. It happened in the North game too where Naitanui's after the siren goal papered over the obvious cracks temporarily. Speaking of Nic Nat, we would be up s**t creek without a paddle if he were to ever have a long-term injury or, god forbid, leave for GWS.

Need a serious rejuvenation in midfield and/or reexamination of the game plan before we can even be in contention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back