Review Hawthorn defeats Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps was good. He still had 28 touches and 9 tackles. He just wasn't as dominant as he has been, but he was still good.

Barely noticed him during game. No impact. Not all 28 touches are created equal. Props on the tackle count though.

Personally thought Howe's game restricting him was more vote worthy (which isn't to say he should have got votes either).

Barely noticed him during game. No impact. Not all 28 touches are created equal. Props on the tackle count though.

Personally thought Howe's game restricting him was more vote worthy (which isn't to say he should have got votes either).
Cripps must be learning from Mitchell how to have high numbers/low impact games ;)

Cripps must be learning from Mitchell how to have high numbers/low impact games ;)
Cripps had 3 score involvements from 28.
Shiels had 8 from 26........

Interesting you say that as I've actually thought for the past year or so that Cripps has been getting a lot of adulation but Mitchell has received all those "high number/low impact" comments when in fact I think Cripps is generally a really poor ball user.

A bull in the contest no doubt but I believe Mitchell is actually more constructive with the ball.

Cripps tried hard. Howe did an oustanding job. He could become our Cameron Ling type player. If Cripps got votes and Liam didnt they are all sycophant voters.
One of the coaches gave Cripps 2 votes the other gave Sicily 2 votes
Who ever gave Cripps 2 gave Sicily 3, the other gave Kreuzer 3

They both agreed on Jaeger and Shiels being the two best though

Media voting pfft

Right place at the right time. Didn’t require work ethic. That’s how I would define a cheapie.
I never realized that getting to the right place at the right time was so easy it required so little work. One would think more players would do that...

One of the coaches gave Cripps 2 votes the other gave Sicily 2 votes
Who ever gave Cripps 2 gave Sicily 3, the other gave Kreuzer 3

They both agreed on Jaeger and Shiels being the two best though

Media voting pfft
Cheers. Did not see the votes. Made the assumption he did not get any (after not seeing him -Shiels - mentioned in vote discussion)

Interesting you say that as I've actually thought for the past year or so that Cripps has been getting a lot of adulation but Mitchell has received all those "high number/low impact" comments when in fact I think Cripps is generally a really poor ball user.

A bull in the contest no doubt but I believe Mitchell is actually more constructive with the ball.

I think you are correct. Incidentally, was driving Melbourne to Sydney so listening to Blues match on radio. Mick Malthouse (commentating) noted that “...Patrick’s disposal, particularly his kicking, is not his strength.” I might be reading too much into the comment, but it sounded like it something they had actually spoken about when they overlapped at Carlton.

In any event, certainly interesting the different ways that sections of media interpret the value/contributions of different players. They get it completely wrong quite often.

Shhhhhh you'll upset the geelong lurkers with that talk. They still count thair vfa awards as flags you know.
Surely they have their Reserves, Under 19s and Little League flags in their list of premierships as well? It's the equivalent of putting a sock down your pants to try and impress others. Sorry Geelol, you still appear to be quite, um, tiny compared to everyone else, except maybe North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back