Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably worth pointing out on the page that Luke Hodge has won more premierships in the last 50 years than Geelong.

Expecting residents of Geelong to be able to subtract 3 from 4 is a fairly significant leap of faith.

Expecting anything clever from someone from Geelong is asking a lot. Remember - Sam Newman graduated from their top high school - and despite being able to give sarcastic comments to ice addicted drifters in suburban malls, is as dumb as a North fan who thinks they can win the 2018 flag.

Hang on a minute. You're telling me North WON'T win the flag!!! Damn-naggit

Imagine telling someone at the end of 1960 that we'd get to 13 before Melbourne.

They had just won their 11th flag and we had none.
How thought provoking, surely would have been laughed at.

Fortunately the pies, bombers and blues have been shithouse for ages. It's not silly to think Hawthorn will get to 17 first. If not 17, I back the Hawks to be the first to reach 20.

How thought provoking, surely would have been laughed at.

Fortunately the pies, bombers and blues have been shithouse for ages. It's not silly to think Hawthorn will get to 17 first. If not 17, I back the Hawks to be the first to reach 20.
I’m confident that Freo can sit on zero, indefinitely

They really are rubbish. Not gonna win one with Fyfe, that ship has sailed.
Ship has sailed?

Nice 'dockers' pun;)

In saying that, perhaps 'that ship has sunk & will never rise because they're a sh*t franchise with terrible culture based on being: not the eagles' may be more apt.

Either/or, I guess...

They really are rubbish. Not gonna win one with Fyfe, that ship has sailed.
They really need to draft a kid named David Jones. Can't you just see all the jokes once they hold their first photo shoot in the change rooms? 'Here's Freo's number one pick, Davy Jones in front of his new locker?!'

Sorry, couldn't resist ...

Geelong, Collingwood, St Kilda and Brisbane are the top teams this century then it's daylight (then probably Hawthorn, Sydney, Adelaide). Hawthorn did a far better job capitalizing than Collingwood and St Kilda but were a cut below.

In terms of Hawthorn v Geelong flag tallys and dynasty have their own separate definitions. Hawthorn didn't make finals this season if that continues for the next 1/2 seasons they don't meet the definition of a dynasty. Brisbane don't even meet the definition of a dynasty. They dropped with their list and their legacy wasn't passed on to the next line of players.
Not only are we a second tier premiership side but apparently our threepeat is at risk of not being a dynasty now

But hang on - if we regenerated the list from 08 (flag) to 13 (flag) doesn't that make it a 4 flag dynasty rather than a shitty old three peat according to that definition?
No it's a negative sliding scale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez AFL fans (especially those on BigFooty) are a million kinds of stupid.

Gotta love Collingwood's 2 flags in 60 years, Sydney's 2 flags in 85 years, St Kilda's 1 flag in 100 years, and Geelong's 3 flags in 55 years dynasties. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I don't think I will lose any sleep over some Geelong flog's attempt to re-define the word 'dynasty'. WTF does that mean in footy terms anyway? I look back over the past 10 years and see 4 premierships. 13 in my lifetime. Yep, I have done it tough, but I am content. Not at all concerned by the Headf%^ed.

I often wonder why Geelong fans are so obsessed with making new formulas for their 'era' every bloody year - but then I remember the majority of them choose to reside in Geelong when numerous better options are only an hour down the road. Realising this makes it completely understandable why they have a very odd relationship with logic.

Not only are we a second tier premiership side but apparently our threepeat is at risk of not being a dynasty now
That is an amazing post. I feel like you should link me to it so I can at least go and point and laugh at the poster.

That is an amazing post. I feel like you should link me to it so I can at least go and point and laugh at the poster.
main board Lions V Cats V Hawks thread
give you two guesses who posted it before you go reading :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back