Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still going this morning

A miserable little lick spittle of Rupert's toilet paper. Note: I have had occasions to question The Huns utility as toilet paper, it's not even good for that. They are so pro EFC it is sickening. Number one fan boys for the Narcissistic Turd during the drug saga, constant disinformation; and now this cretins campaign. They should rename the pathetic rag to the Essendon-Sun.

Ever since moving to Melbourne I think I have perused a Herald Sun for a grand total of about 2 minutes. My decision is becoming more and more vindicated. What a despicable rag it is. The Age isn't exactly a beacon of quality journalism - but I'll take Connolly, Caro and Quayle over this mob of hyperbolic w***ers.

We should enjoy the attention from the Hun Galahs. They keep throwing opinion driven, sensationalist mud, and hitching their horse to that bizarre campaign supporting drug cheats, and we keep winning on and off the paddock.

People aren't exactly flocking to newspapers in 2016, and they're struggling to work out how to further saturate the market with bottom shelf dross.

Long term it's only going to end one way.

Gotta love these "how social media reacted" articles, height of journalism. Up there with what players are up to on holidays instagram articles.
So what was 'botched' about the trade? Maybe "Reaction to botched article by incompetent writer" would be a more appropriate title

"The AFL has rejected as incorrect a report that there were illegalities involved in the trade that sent Jaeger O'Meara from Gold Coast to Hawthorn. The league responded to a News Corp report on Wednesday via the AFL website, clarifying that the Hawks had acted well within the rules when they traded their second round pick in the 2017 draft to the Suns"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we all have Sam pegged the wrong way. Isn't the rule he's talking about in regards to trading multiple future draft picks which was apparently put in place so that clubs wouldn't screw themselves over by throwing away the future?

Perhaps Sam is actually concerned for the future of Hawthorn? :rolleyes::eek::huh:

Ever since moving to Melbourne I think I have perused a Herald Sun for a grand total of about 2 minutes. My decision is becoming more and more vindicated. What a despicable rag it is. The Age isn't exactly a beacon of quality journalism - but I'll take Connolly, Caro and Quayle over this mob of hyperbolic ******s.

God yeah, The Age has steadily been dipping in quality but the Sun has always been the plebs paper. Tabloid garbage.

I'm just astounded that even after the AFL come out and give it the all clear, this ******* comes out with an article titled "AFL admit mistake ...".

What the actual ****?! What a moron.

Yes, it's ridiculous. The tendency for the press (and it's all of them I notice, not just the favourite whipping boy (deserved) around these parts) to encourage sensationalist, emotional pack behaviour is frustrating. If it weren't for the fact that I like reading the paper outside on a weekend morning I would have given them up long ago.

I've removed the photo of Landsberger at the beach. It's been posted in this thread and previously removed, so I'm going to call discretion being the better part of valour here.

Let's not get overly personal about Landsberger, if you don't mind. Play the ball, not the man.

In other words, let's not stoop to the level of the Herald-Sun.

I've removed the photo of Landsberger at the beach. It's been posted in this thread and previously removed, so I'm going to call discretion being the better part of valour here.

Let's not get overly personal about Landsberger, if you don't mind. Play the ball, not the man.

In other words, let's not stoop to the level of the Herald-Sun.

but i didn't get a chance to save it :(

304549_85021f1211aee32e0c68273392dd27d4.png
304550_b8640f2d6ad3d4b69b88eb290e2e636e.png

More quality work from the Essendon Herald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back