Prediction Hodge to relinquish Captaincy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis will be our next captain.

And i don't know why no one mentions rioli as the man next in line.

He may not be interested in it, but if he was, he gets it.

Who wouldn't want to run out behind one of the greatest most humble players of all time.

Introverted captains can work. Tucky anyone?

Who wouldn't want to run out behind one of the greatest most humble players of all time.

I love the idea, but there's a lot more media work required now than in tuckys time.

I don't think there is a natural successor after the generation of champs.

I'd be inclined to let Hodge have it for next year and Lewis until he retires (though on this year's form that might not be much longer). Hopefully by then a long term leader has emerged.

Cyril might turn a pre match rev-up into how best to prepare a delicious turtle soup.

We're not sone desperado club crying out for leaders or picking from left-field as some sort of ploy to remain relevant. There's a pecking order at this mighty club and as such Chinaman is next in line. If Roughie was fit and firing, he'd be my preference, but Lewey is the right man for the job at this stage

I'm honestly really surprised he didn't step down.
I definitely think we need some new leadership at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm honestly really surprised he didn't step down.
I definitely think we need some new leadership at the club.

Really? I am of the opposite opinion, if it's not broke, don't fix it. As long as he is there Hodge is the leader. (Of course if he wishes to step down for whatever reason that is fine).

Really? I am of the opposite opinion, if it's not broke, don't fix it. As long as he is there Hodge is the leader. (Of course if he wishes to step down for whatever reason that is fine).

Exactly, when you have the best captain in the business, why the hell would you change?

Hodge is probably the best captain in Hawthorn's history. Unless he just can't play any more, you'd want him on the field.

Give it to Smith because I love raising the "Hawthorn hate level" even higher.

I don't get why opposition fans hate him the way they do, but make him captain to stuff them up

It is only a prediction thread so people are entitled to guess.

I say, if Hodgy doesn't want it, give it to one of the senior players who does.

Simple.

I think we could all quite comfortably agree on any one of a handful raising the Premiership Cup once again

I didn't know that. I'm surprised really. I was under the impression that internally he was looked at as being genuine skipper material.
He's in emerging leaders with gunston Birch and stratts.
Leadership group this year was Hodge, Lewis, rough, Mitch, Gibbo and Smith

I didn't know that. I'm surprised really. I was under the impression that internally he was looked at as being genuine skipper material.

I think he is but this tells us not for awhile yet, which indicates to me Hodge is not planning on stepping down and there will probably be another captain before Shiels (or whoever of the younger brigade ends up being captain).

Lewis I think then shiels would live roughy to though... But prob won't happen:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back