Discussion How do we beat geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

so let me get that one cleared up that i just highlighted, your saying that over the 22 rounds in the home and away season that St. Kilda never once tried? that they never were at their best any given single week? that they were just in cruise control the entire season? I could say this about any team too, the world doesnt work like this, a team or individuals best is judged by what they have performed over a consistent period of time, not what you throw into space with no proof of it, i could say Geelong has not played at their best yet, where is your proof we havent? things just dont work this way, the world works and judges on facts of performance.

Where you finish in the home and away season and the gap between the sides is usualy a rough indication of where a teams best is placed amongst the sides, and the gapp between Geelong and St. Kilda is immense.

I am not saying St.Kilda is a bad side, i believe they are a good team, just no where near as good a team as Geelong is, anyone who says otherwise is trying to give themselves false hope for the weekend, or has not been watching AFL football the past two years.

No he didn't say St Kilda did not try. Can't you read , he said they have not played their best. You really are incredibly stupid. Just because you try dosn't mean you perform your best.
Ask all the Olympians who washed out without performing to their personal best. They were still trying moron.
We have had players like Nick Dal Santo and Justin Koschitski who have put in brilliant performances in the past, but not this year. If players like these can replicate their feats of the past the whole team will improve immensly.

No he didn't say St Kilda did not try. Can't you read , he said they have not played their best. You really are incredibly stupid. Just because you try dosn't mean you perform your best.
Ask all the Olympians who washed out without performing to their personal best. They were still trying moron.
We have had players like Nick Dal Santo and Justin Koschitski who have put in brilliant performances in the past, but not this year. If players like these can replicate their feats of the past the whole team will improve immensly.

So your saying that over 22 rounds of football st kilda never once played their best? and you call me stupid, hmm... wake up you guys.

your saying that over the 22 rounds in the home and away season that St. Kilda never once tried?
please point at where i said that or even alluded to it.
i said the team hasn't played at 100%. I'm not sure if you noticed but we have been inconsistent the whole year. Put in a great performance against the hawks, then follow it up with the dribble against the WC. Yet we still grabbed the oppurtunity to snatch 4th. We have a lot of improving to do.

And for your sake i'll spell it out again.
Yes a 100% geelong would beat a 100% st kilda.
all i was saying is it wouldn't be by as much as most people think.

please point at where i said that or even alluded to it.
i said the team hasn't played at 100%. I'm not sure if you noticed but we have been inconsistent the whole year. Put in a great performance against the hawks, then follow it up with the dribble against the WC. Yet we still grabbed the oppurtunity to snatch 4th. We have a lot of improving to do.

And for your sake i'll spell it out again.
Yes a 100% geelong would beat a 100% st kilda.
all i was saying is it wouldn't be by as much as most people think.

A team being inconsistent usualy is due to their lack of talent, better sides are more able to perform over longer periods of time at a good level.

that last part i highlighted, finaly some common sense, it took about 2 pages for you guys to figure out the bleeding obvious and post it, and in the process had the nerve to call me slow and stupid, i find that quite hilarious.

A team being inconsistent usualy is due to their lack of talent, better sides are more able to perform over longer periods of time at a good level.

that last part i highlighted, finaly some common sense, it took about 2 pages for you guys to figure out the bleeding obvious, and in the process had the nerve to call me slow and stupid, i find that quite hilarious.

I have noticed that certain dick heads tend to roll around laughing at things that no one else finds funny.
I just hope the Saints bother to turn up since I am sure that they have read your posting's and now agree that it is not worth the effort.

finaly some common sense, it took about 2 pages for you guys to figure out the bleeding obvious and post it

Geelong of course but by not as much as most think.
But I'm confident that if (and it's a huge if) every single player that runs out in our jumper plays at their best we could go close.

Feel better now?
If you read properly, you'd be gone by now. i said it 2 hrs ago.

btw a fine troll effort that was.

Dont f*ck around with the footy and get it down to Kosi + Riewoldt as quickly as possible:thumbsu: simple as that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that last part i highlighted, finaly some common sense, it took about 2 pages for you guys to figure out the bleeding obvious and post it, and in the process had the nerve to call me slow and stupid, i find that quite hilarious.

The views expressed in the above post are not necessarily those of other Geelong supporters.

Actually they're definetely not!.

The views expressed in the above post are not necessarily those of other Geelong supporters.

Actually they're definetely not!.

Good to hear. :thumbsu:

He's yours though and got lost on our board - can you please pick him up at Gate 3 and take him home.

lets not trim around the edges here, i will ask you a direct straight forward question

hypothetically if both Geelong and St. Kilda play at their 100% best, what do you think the results would be?

I think Geelong by a point. As silly as this sounds if all of our impact players played well. E.g Kosi, X Clarke, Nicky Dal, if all of these guys played at their full potential i reckon we'll get very close. We're an extremely talented side, we just don't perform like you guys do. This week tho, Cats by 30 i reckon

Dont f*ck around with the footy and get it down to Kosi + Riewoldt as quickly as possible:thumbsu: simple as that

We can do that OK, but if they don't mark 100% ( and it is not likely ) we risk the Cats grabing it , not F***ing around and getting it down their end as quickly as possible. Our forward line pressure is the key.

For that reason you may find that they try to slow down the forward movement so that we can get some numbers there.
I hate it when we bomb it directly to Reiwoldt while there are three defenders standing next to him. Fraser used to be able to do it that way sometimes but Reiwoldt and Kosi both nead a lead.
If Reiwolt and Kosi are heavily tagged we should be looking for other options. Milne, Gardner, Gwilt.

your inability to register common sense fascinates me.

Geelong is far superior to St.Kilda, that is fact.

Your propensity to compulsively repeat yourself on opposition boards is mildly annoying. Your inability to register this fact indicates a distinct lack of basic intellect.

yes ... geelong ... is ... a ...very... good ... team... most ...people ... here... understand ... that... but ... it ... would ... be ... rather ... silly ... of ... us ... to ... give ... our ... team ... no ... chance ... of ... winning ... before ... the ... game ... is ... played ... you ... forget ... that ... the ... almighty ... geelong ... almost ... didn't ... make ... the ...gf ... last ... year ... despite ... their ... dominance ... if ... don't ... like ... what ... you ... read ... here ... go ... away ... back ... to ... the ... self ... congratulatory ... backslapping ... blimpheads ... on ... the ... geelong ... board... where ... you ... fit ... right ... in

Rather that saints play really well.
I'd like to see the saints play well too, but i still think you need Geelong to have a slightly off day. :D
Still would be good to see you guys go well this september and send one of the greatest players ever off with a premiership if we can't go back to back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back