Adrenaline

Debutant
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
How would you rate your list to win a premiership in 3 years?

Rather than rating them from 1 - 16, I have rated them in groups of 4. Based on the progression of of each sides youngsters and wheather the better players will still be around. (Can change dramatically with trades and draftees)

West Coast
Fremantle
Geelong
St. Kilda

2nd
Collingwood
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Sydney

3rd
Power
Kangaroos
Hawthorn
Essendon

4th
Adelaide
Richmond
Melbourne
Carlton (hate to say it)

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I wouldnt have Brisbane up so high. Remembering in 3 years time a few of there more experianced players will have moved on. They still have a fairly good list, dont get me wrong, but I just dont think in 3 years they will be a preiership side.

It really depends who drafts well in the next 2-3 years. Its hard to say where players will be at in 3 years but I think you have got it just about right

Well done.!

Originally posted by rfctigerarmy
I wouldnt have Brisbane up so high. Remembering in 3 years time a few of there more experianced players will have moved on. They still have a fairly good list, dont get me wrong, but I just dont think in 3 years they will be a preiership side.

It really depends who drafts well in the next 2-3 years. Its hard to say where players will be at in 3 years but I think you have got it just about right

Well done.!

I agree but Brisbane will still be in the market for some early drat picks wih the quality of players they could trade.

That's why I have rated them from 4th - 8th

For success in 3 years time? Hard to judge as anything could happen in 3 years but.... This is how I would do it

St Kilda
Fremantle
Geelong
Bulldogs

2nd
Collingwood
Sydney
Essendon
Kangaroos

3rd
Hawthorn
West Coast
Brisbane
Port Adelaide

4th
Melbourne
Richmond
Carlton
Adelaide

Originally posted by Sera
For success in 3 years time? Hard to judge as anything could happen in 3 years but.... This is how I would do it

St Kilda
Fremantle
Geelong
Bulldogs

2nd
Collingwood
Sydney
Essendon
Kangaroos

3rd
Hawthorn
West Coast
Brisbane
Port Adelaide

4th
Melbourne
Richmond
Carlton
Adelaide

You have underestimated the Coasters, if i was backing someone for the flag in 3 years it would be them. ( just need some real grunt, great emerging list with loads of talent and class)

Originally posted by Adrenaline
You have underestimated the Coasters, if i was backing someone for the flag in 3 years it would be them. ( just need some real grunt, great emerging list with loads of talent and class)

In 3 years our senior players will start to age. Our window of opportunity is the next 2 years. There is also no guarantee Chris Judd will still be at the club in 3 years time. If he goes we will probably get something good for him but it means we start the cycle again.

How would you rate your list to win a premiership in 3 years?

You have rated everyone's list, shouldn't you, according to your topic, rate your own list.

Just my thoughts.

AGREED well summerised

1st
freo
collingwood
st kilda
brisbane

You've got to be joking!! Brisbane is packed full of aging players. In 3 years time there'll be about 2 decent players and they'll be relying on Lynch when he's on 41!!

me too...

St Kilda
Geelong
Fremantle
Bulldogs

2nd
Collingwood
Sydney
Hawthorn
West Coast

3rd
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Kangaroos
Richmond

4th
Melbourne
Brisbane
Carlton
Adelaide

Originally posted by turtlemanistic
You've got to be joking!! Brisbane is packed full of aging players. In 3 years time there'll be about 2 decent players and they'll be relying on Lynch when he's on 41!!
brisbane have so many good youngsters as well as all the big names that have been killing us all year. players like selwood, gram, brennan, corrie and hadley have hardly played any games between them. throw in mcgrath, notting, shattock, power, black, charman, brown, bradshaw, mcdonald and even caracella who all have plenty of football left in them and you would be foolish, especially after today to write them off. add to that, there additional funds in the salary cap and i can see them sustaining there success for quite a while.

1st
Fremantle
West Coast
St Kilda
Collingwood

2nd
Kangaroos
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
Geelong

3rd
Essendon
Sydney
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide

4th
Adelaide
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond

It's looking very ominous out west... Freo will go from the laughing stock of the AFL to powerhouse in the next three years... only question mark is Bell's age and midfield support... their talls will be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong
Freo
Sydney
St Kilda

2nd

WB
roos
Brisbane
Collingwood

3rd

Hawthorn
Essendon
W.C
Richmond

4th

Adelaide
Pt Adelaide
Carlton
Melb

Collingwood
Essendon
St. Kilda
West Coast

2nd
Fremantle
Geelong
Richmond
Sydney

3rd
Brisbane
Kangaroos
Port Adelaide
Melbourne

4th
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Carlton

1st
Fremantle
Sydney
St Kilda
Port Adelaide

2nd
Kangaroos
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Adelaide

3rd
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
West Coast

4th
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond

Originally posted by acg_204*
1st
Fremantle
Sydney
St Kilda
Port Adelaide

2nd
Kangaroos
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Adelaide

3rd
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
West Coast

4th
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond

why have you got the bulldogs twice??

Originally posted by bulldogs_54
why have you got the bulldogs twice??

Oops...that'll teach me for copying and pasting other people's posts...:p

3rd
Essendon
Collingwood
Geelong
West Coast

4th
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond

can't see geelong being near a premiership in 3 years, they've been the "young up and comers" of the league for 3 or 4 years now and they haven't really gotten anywhere, they have a few promising players but most of their young players i feel will be average to servicable at best. just my 2 cents tho

1st:

st kilda
freo
collingwood
WC

2nd:

lions (still gonna have brown, aker, black, johnson, the scotts, mcgrath, lappin etc in 3 years)
kangas
power
swans

3rd:

bombers
hawks
crows
doggies

4th:

cats
tigers
demons
blues

geelong fans will crucify me but i just can't see them being up there in 3 years

Port Adelaide
Sydney
St Kilda
Fremantle

West Coast
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane

Hawthorn
Collingwood
Geelong
Kangaroos

Carlton
Adelaide
Richmond
Melbourne

geelong have a top list, at the moment we're not as good as brisbane or port but in 3 years we will be. you look at the average age on our list its like 22 both of there averages are 25 or something like that
we are a quality an the best young side going around, we proved this in round 22 when the geelong boys beat st kilda

you have to look at the window of oppertunity
ie 11pm-1am the best time 2am the worst time
ade id say still at 8-30 pm
bris they are at 5 min to 1 am maybe time for 1 more
cart 2am enough said
coll 11pm-12am still a good side need a good ruckman
ess 10pm
freo 10-30pm
gee 8pm
haw 9pm
melb 3 am
kang 7pm
power 12-30am
st kilda 10 59pm just about to have a good few years
rich will always end 9th so bout 7pm
syd 11pm
wc still at 9 pm
dogs at this time id say 6 pm but that would be up 2 10:30 pm in bout 6 months

Originally posted by murphy2bedabest
you have to look at the window of oppertunity
ie 11pm-1am the best time 2am the worst time
ade id say still at 8-30 pm
bris they are at 5 min to 1 am maybe time for 1 more
cart 2am enough said
coll 11pm-12am still a good side need a good ruckman
ess 10pm
freo 10-30pm
gee 8pm
haw 9pm
melb 3 am
kang 7pm
power 12-30am
st kilda 10 59pm just about to have a good few years
rich will always end 9th so bout 7pm
syd 11pm
wc still at 9 pm
dogs at this time id say 6 pm but that would be up 2 10:30 pm in bout 6 months

The sad thing is for one club, the clocked stopped 21 years ago

Originally posted by catman_gfc_2004
geelong have a top list, at the moment we're not as good as brisbane or port but in 3 years we will be. you look at the average age on our list its like 22 both of there averages are 25 or something like that
we are a quality an the best young side going around, we proved this in round 22 when the geelong boys beat st kilda

you dropped out of the finals race a long time before st kilda...

average age is overrated, bcos that includes every player on the list, not just the good ones. for instance - geelong have young players such as will slade, peter street, david clarke, henry playfair, cam mooney, josh hunt, chambers, rahilly etc aren't exactly a who's who of young talent. sure there are players like ablett, wojinscki, ling, enright, spriggs and corey - but go through every club and you'll usually find half a dozen youngsters who are deemed 'future champions etc'. a lot of geelongs so called "young guns" are yet to prove themselves and make their mark at afl level - the difference between geelong and st kilda is most of st kilda's youngsters have proved they are capable of big things at this level, i don't think geelong is in the same class

in 3 years... (gotta have my 2 cents worth)

1st
st kilda
freo
geelong
collingwood

2nd
geelong
hawthorn
sydney
kangaroos

3rd
essondon