Opinion Hurn... is he the right guy for captain?

Is Hurn the right guy for captain?

• Yes, he is the best because he is a good guy and he has receding hair.

• No, let him back off the leash to be a beast like Brock Lesnar.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern. I know he just played his 50th but he's been awesome at everything else he does so...

I was thinking last week Gov would make a bloody good captain. He lifts when needed, doesn't go missing in big games and seems like he'd be vocal on and off field and a no bullshit kind of bloke.

Get it done, Simmo!

I was thinking last week Gov would make a bloody good captain. He lifts when needed, doesn't go missing in big games and seems like he'd be vocal on and off field and a no bullshit kind of bloke.

Get it done, Simmo!
Gov misses too many games to be captain IMO.

We have a captain?

I remember a few years ago we had a lot of potential captains. Now we only have 1 or two :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just glad Simpson didn't give the captaincy to Le Cras, would of gone close I reckon.

It really should of been Priddis who replaced Glass, was coming off a Brownlowe when the job was going and despite having weaknesses no one can question the example he sets on and off the field in terms of effort and preparation.

We probably just need to stick with Hurn now for another 12 months at least and see how things pan out. Can't be Kennedy because his goal kicking turns to s**t under pressure, the responsibility of being captain would destroy him as a player. Needs to feel relaxed and be enjoying himself to kick bags. Shuey has great spirit but he's not an elite midfielder and he's not very consistent, is not in the same league as Judd/Cousins or any of the great midfielder captains. Captians ideally should be able to turn games with individual effort, we have very few players who can do that.

Glen Jackovich thinks it should be passed on to Gov, I'd probably agree because he's the glue that holds the back line together and is now elite in his position but another season down there establishing a reputation wouldn't hurt. The wildcard pick would be NicNat, in many ways this would be the ultimate because he's just such a beast and has that ability to turn games on his own. He'd be a dream pick from a marketing perspective and I reckon he has the rare sort of character where the captaincy would lift him to be a better player- that game he played after his mothers funeral last year I think goes to show he's got far more grit and determination than we give him credit for. The only reason he's not in the conversation is there's a knock on his football brain and ability to read the play. When you've got Nics braun though who cares about brains, take the game on and flatten everyone in your path. Thats the inspiration stuff that lifts the team and he's more capable of doing it than anyone.

Funny, I thought that when I saw him onfield after the final siren. Looked cut af.
If I carried the weight of the spuds he carries week in week out I'd also be crying.

If I carried the weight of the spuds he carries week in week out I'd also be crying.
he had 2 contested possessions and 1 clearance today. considering that we got smashed in both of those areas, he was a massive let down today.

The thing is, once we pick someone like him with a good few years left in him, we're essentially stuck with the decision. Unless we're fine with causing some level of disunity/unrest, which we seem to be geared towards avoiding.

Maybe a Co-captaincy is way to go. Gov seem like the type but he is probably too inexperienced. Maybe him and shuey or him and gaff can share the captaincy. I've heard gaff has strong leadership skills but once again his the type that leads through his own actions rather than that does inspiring work. Gov and Gaff could team up well. IMO Gov and Shuey teaming up seems like the best match up tho.

You all pulled my pants down and sent me home when i started this thread last year. The outrage was hilarious.

"He's just led our team to a GF dickhead" or words to that effect, was the general consensus.

Anyone can see our onfield leadership is a one of the biggest concerns we have. That, along with a list full of of potato's :'(

I know a lot of you guys don't rate Priddis, but serious question, why isn't he captain? Been around for a while, is he in your leadership group?
His age. Amongst other things.. but His age is reason enough for me to disqualify him

he had 2 contested possessions and 1 clearance today. considering that we got smashed in both of those areas, he was a massive let down today.
The whole team was a let down. Shuey has been outstanding in 2016.

And please spare me the lecture about your grading re: Shuey.

Back