Analysis If Dustin Martin wins a 4th Norm Smith medal and premiership will he be regarded as the greatest player of all time?

If Dustin Martin wins a 4th Norm Smith medal and premiership will he be regarded as the greatest pla

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ablett left Geelong because he was offered more than double that of what Geelong could afford and to help his old man out who was in trouble financially.

That is a fact.
Why did Geelong give him such a crappy offer? Did they not value midfielders that much?
He didn't need to go for money for his dad. He could have done sponsorships in Geelong to raise money.

How many of those ten years were they not contending?

2015 I think they missed the 8 but that’s not what was being discussed. Sttew said Scott was a master at reinventing the side. I’m just saying that during that 10 years his reinventing didn’t get them over the line. It’s good enough just to contend is it?

So Lynch bailed his previous club and took the opportunity at Richmond only because they were in the window?

What an unselfish act.

Having spent 7-years after being drafted (through no fault of his own) what for the most part was a rabble of a club…. and deciding he wanted to hopefully experience some success, why would he leave to a club that wasn’t likely to be contending .???

He left for crowds, footy culture and a better opportunity for success - on significantly less money.

Gazza left for money - and at 2x the amount Geelong were offering most players would have.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You're narrative that Ablett jnr had to leave Geelong because he was offered too much money doesn't hold up as other players rejected huge offers and stayed at their club.
BWAHHAAHAhaha we already know Ablett left for money, no one is disputing that.

Your notion however, that Flynch joined a club right in the middle of their premiership window purely for Richmond love is hilarious. 😂

Having spent 7-years after being drafted (through no fault of his own) what for the most part was a rabble of a club…. and deciding he wanted to hopefully experience some success, why would he leave to a club that wasn’t likely to be contending .???

He left for crowds, footy culture and a better opportunity for success - on significantly less money.

Gazza left for money - and at 2x the amount Geelong were offering most players would have.

Yeah Lynch did it all for unselfish reasons. Turn it up yah flog. 😂😂

2015 I think they missed the 8 but that’s not what was being discussed. Sttew said Scott was a master at reinventing the side. I’m just saying that during that 10 years his reinventing didn’t get them over the line. It’s good enough just to contend is it?
Oh goody.

If you don't win it, you're just the first loser.

He won a flag in year 1 and year 12. How many more flags did he need to win, knowing he contended in 7 or 8 of the other 10 seasons, to get a pass mark from you?

Yeah Lynch did it all for unselfish reasons. Turn it up yah flog.

Never said anything of the sort:

Lynch left for success. He didn’t leave for money.

Ablett left success to get more money.

Both left for their own personal reasons. Why are you getting so upset ? Which part of the above is wrong?

Oh goody.

If you don't win it, you're just the first loser.

He won a flag in year 1 and year 12. How many more flags did he need to win, knowing he contended in 7 or 8 of the other 10 seasons, to get a pass mark from you?

Yeah you’re right, there’s no second prize.

It’s not a matter of whether he gets a pass mark from me, Sttew said he was a ‘master coach’ and if that is true then perhaps they should have at least one more flag in those 10 seasons. Having said that, it is commendable they have stayed up as long as they have.

Why do you seem to be getting upset, you’re a Pies fan aren’t you?

Can you point us in the direction of his contract and other dealings so we can satisfy ourselves of your source.?
Your "Lynch left for success etc" is not really enough to go on.

Never said anything of the sort:

Ablett left success to get more money.

Both left for their own personal reasons. Why are you getting so upset ? Which part of the above is wrong?

Ablett left to further himself, so did Flynch. What’s your problem between the two?

BWAHHAAHAhaha we already know Ablett left for money, no one is disputing that.

Your notion however, that Flynch joined a club right in the middle of their premiership window purely for Richmond love is hilarious. 😂
Lynch was playing for a bs franchise club. Ablett jnr rejected Geelong because of their pissweak offer.

Who’s success? Obviously his own.

What a selfish campaigner unless you can point out where he said he’s going to Richmond for love and to help a struggling club out.

Turn it up yah muppet.

WTF ??? I said ‘He left to chase success’. Of course it was chasing success for himself, which required Richmond to win a flag … which he helped them do twice.

Jeremy Cameron left to chase success and a different lifestyle, it wasn’t for money. Dangerfield left for family and took less money. Ablett left for money.

None of this is wrong, it’s just the facts. I don’t care why people leave, but let’s just call it as it is.

I hardly think it’s any great secret that Lynch’s motivation for leaving GC wasn’t financial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, Scott re-invented the Geelong footy club, given what he inherited from Bomber Thomson. But Hardwick didn’t re-invent Richmond, given the Tiger’s record and trajectory before he was appointed as our coach.

Obviously, not near the miracle worker Scott has proven to be….
FMD, you take life too seriously

Can you point us in the direction of his contract and other dealings so we can satisfy ourselves of your source.?
Your "Lynch left for success etc" is not really enough to go on.

There were no great secrets about his motivations for leaving - it wasn’t financial as if he chose to stay he’d have made loads more at GC. That’s not any big ‘footy secret’. If you’ve forgotten that just Google a few stories about it… commentary on it isn’t hard to find.

WTF ??? I said ‘He left to chase success’. Of course it was chasing success for himself, which required Richmond to win a flag … which he helped them do twice.

Jeremy Cameron left to chase success and a different lifestyle, it wasn’t for money. Dangerfield left for family and took less money. Ablett left for money.

None of this is wrong, it’s just the facts. I don’t care why people leave, but let’s just call it as it is.

I hardly think it’s any great secret that Lynch’s motivation for leaving GC wasn’t financial.

Well the direction of the thread has somehow turned on GAJ for chasing coin even with all the s**t going on in his life and IS BAD!!! whilst Lynch does the exact same thing but without all the difficulty but suddenly IS GOOD!!!

Give us a spell would yah!? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Well the direction of the thread has somehow turned on GAJ for chasing coin even with all the s**t going on in his life and IS BAD!!! whilst Lynch does the exact same thing but IS GOOD!!!

Give us a spell would yah!? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
The issue is the Geelong fc not having proper respect for the Ablett family. Not paying jnr enough and treating snr like a criminal.

By offering jnr a low ball amount of money when Gold Coast were chasing him and not having snr invited to the club for years.
No, Geelong's offer would have made him our highest paid player. We simply couldn't double that to match GC.

The issue is the Geelong fc not having proper respect for the Ablett family. Not paying jnr enough and treating snr like a criminal.
Like you’d have a clue?! Showing your true colours Aristotle and it’s ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back