Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half time during the Geelong Vs Melbourne game, and Jon Ralph is complaining that the AFL tribunal won’t be able to find a way to get Zack Merrett off for punching Silvani in the ribs and giving him a busted rib and kidney damage. Can’t imagine the conversation being the same if one of our players had done that to a Melbourne team. Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

Half time during the Geelong Vs Melbourne game, and Jon Ralph is complaining that the AFL tribunal won’t be able to find a way to get Zack Merrett off for punching Silvani in the ribs and giving him a busted rib and kidney damage. Can’t imagine the conversation being the same if one of our players had done that to a Melbourne team. Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt it.
Putting a bloke in hospital for punching him has to be worth more than a week you would've thought.

Surely can't get the same a Gov.

Merret and Schoey both offered a week.

Something seriously wrong with a system where you can punch a guy in the guts, send him to hospital with a fractured rib and bruised lung and you get the same penalty as a headbutt that barely touched him.

Not saying Schoey and Gov didn't deserve a week mind you.
But surely Merret deserved more than a week.

Merrett only a week because it was classed as Careless rather than Intentional. How is it any less intentional than Gov's was?

The suspension for Gov was stiff. But the two aren't similar at all.

Merrett was able to disguise it to appear like a play on the ball.

Gov got up off the ground seething and rand 10 metres to deck a guy off the play.

Gov got up off the ground seething and rand 10 metres to deck a guy off the play.
Play on the ball? There is no legitimate football action he could've been attempting there with a closed first to the ribs.

Play on the ball? There is no legitimate football action he could've been attempting there with a closed first to the ribs.

Silvagni had the ball at the time, hence careless.

Merrett is dirty and I'm not defending him.

Gov deserved what he got.

One guy played out the game and the other ended up in hospital coughing up blood and will miss next week.

How can they both get the same penalty?

It's a ridiculous system.

One guy played out the game and the other ended up in hospital coughing up blood and will miss next week.

How can they both get the same penalty?

It's a ridiculous system.
Don't worry. If an Eagle punches someone and they end up coughing blood it will be a 3-4 weeker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decking a guy implies he hit him to the ground.

He softly brushed his fist to his face if we are really honest. Absolutely it was intentional and high - and the impact was either negligible or low (he copped low so got a week).

I would argue that Merrett's punch was of similar if not higher force than Gaff's. And has caused some serious damage too. 1 week is an absolute joke (considering how often our team gets hit with outcome based penalties - but when there is very low force we get hit with the 'potential' outcome)

Decking a guy implies he hit him to the ground.

He softly brushed his fist to his face if we are really honest. Absolutely it was intentional and high - and the impact was either negligible or low (he copped low so got a week).

I would argue that Merrett's punch was of similar if not higher force than Gaff's. And has caused some serious damage too. 1 week is an absolute joke (considering how often our team gets hit with outcome based penalties - but when there is very low force we get hit with the 'potential' outcome)
Agree totally. Merrett's round arm punch obviously had force to it. If it had connected to the face, would have had a Gaff/Brayshaw outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back