Toast If there are any doubts who our next captain is.....Enter Jobe Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

r12-gsp-14.jpg

r02-gsp-06.jpg

Been missing him all year.

Can't wait until he comes back. Truly an inspiration. :thumbsu:

We will kick so much ass.

Spike isn't even paying attention!

But what an awesome photo. Jobe is a born leader and displays it constantly. He'll get the job during the finals if (when) Lloyd gets rubbed out and I expect him to stand tall, lead by example and play a blinder.

I am a strong believer of Welsh being captain after Lloydy.

Strong leader on and off the field, wears his heart on his sleeve and his football abilities just keep getting better and better

wow, i didnt see or know that about Watson. yes next captain Jobe

Last year i had the captain candidates in this order:

1. McVeigh
2. Welsh / Hille
3. Watson

This year i see it like this:

1. Watson
2. Hille
3. Welsh
4. McVeigh

It's a shame because i really like McVeigh. Last year Welsh was amazing but this year has dropped off and has lost a lot of people's confidence as a potential captain. Hille is still a very strong candidate, providing he can come back to how he was before he was injured.

As far as i see it, Watson looks likely to get it. If one of the other three get it, i think Hurley might be next in line after a few years. Big call i know but there's something about him.

Watson thoroughly deserves it. We are a noticeably worse team when he is out or not playing well, not to mention the most important qualities of a captain: leadership skills.

just throwing this out there, next captain.....

Michael Hurley!!!!!!!!!! im just in love with him at the moment.

but seriously, jobe watson should be our next captain, no doubt in my mind

just throwing this out there, next captain.....

Michael Hurley!!!!!!!!!! im just in love with him at the moment.

but seriously, jobe watson should be our next captain, no doubt in my mind

Yeh just throwing it out there....after reading my post.

But i agree i see something in him. It is still very early but he's so impressive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know who would fit nicely into the leadership group, has poise, class and has a cool head under pressure, something I see in him equates to a real true leader in the future.

Knights and Watson talking up the leadership of Hurley and Pears in the latest presser...

Hand the reins over to Watson, who can excel for a while until the time comes for destiny to roll into action-

(C): Hurley
(VC): Pears

Make it happen.

Hurley currently is no chance.

Lets wait till he puts together 22 games and then we can throw his name in the hat.

If Lloyd goes on for another year and Hurly puts in a B&F/All Australian/ Almost Brownlow winning year.... then on top of that the other players in the club se him as a leader.
Then yeah he is a chance.

Till then, Watson will get the gig and Hurley would have to wait till he's gone to have a stab at it.

Personally I like the idea of Watson getting the Captaincy anyway.
Born and bred Bomber. Loves the club! I'm sure he would love nothing more then to continue where his dad so spectacularly left off.

Jobe putting his hand up to attend the Burgoyne meeting today- all signs point to Captain Watson mk II :thumbsu:.

Jobe putting his hand up to attend the Burgoyne meeting today- all signs point to Captain Watson mk II :thumbsu:.

Yep.

The two most pleasing things about this incident were:

1. Jobe himself asked to come along (wasn't asked)
2. The club was very happy for him to go.

Shows that Jobe is very interested in the future and the club has enormous faith and trust in him. Prime position for 2010 and beyond captain. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yep.

The two most pleasing things about this incident were:

1. Jobe himself asked to come along (wasn't asked)
2. The club was very happy for him to go.

Shows that Jobe is very interested in the future and the club has enormous faith and trust in him. Prime position for 2010 and beyond captain. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm not 100% convinced he put his hand up. I just think that the club has already told him he will be given the captaincy and that they would like him to represent the players while trying to lure Burgoyne.

Rapt he went along, but would have liked him to dress up a little more! That shirt hanging out looked a little messy!!! LOL!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back