Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

The England bowlers should put a samosa on a length, it might tempt Sarfaraz to move out of his crease and they could get a stumping.

Normally I would have said a pie rather than a samosa but I'm trying to be racially sensitive and move with the times.

Whatever they do there has been a marked change. They basically retired Pujara and Rahane, stopped doing dumb things like picking SKY for a Test spot, got rid of Bharat who wasn't up to it. Now this series they have found at least three Test class players plus maybe Masood/Pakkidal.
Picking Sky was the worst pick we've made. We need to pick young players that we can mould the team around for the next 10 years. My same issue with Aussie side at the moment. A lot of India players have been victim to the Brad Hodge curse, whereby they are good enough but there is no space within the 11 to play. Abhimanyu Eswaran is my example here.

Sarfaraz has built a brilliant innings here, slow at the start, and is now turning it on . Need to see more of this. Best part is e has a younger brother with the same mentality who

The England bowlers should put a samosa on a length, it might tempt Sarfaraz to move out of his crease and they could get a stumping.

Normally I would have said a pie rather than a samosa but I'm trying to be racially sensitive and move with the times.
Half the dishes on a North Indian menu were created in England anyway, cause the goras get the shits whenever anything is beyond Lemon and Herb on the Nando-scale

Would laugh if Anderson gets 700 here. Warne gets his in front of a sold out crowd at the MCG on Boxing Day on his way to taking 5 and a dominant win. Anderson's will be with his team getting smashed and on their way to an innings defeat

I've been in the NZ/Oz thread, but the current 5th India/England Test is hilarious.
England Bazballed their way from 3/175 to all out 218. As I type, India are 158 ahead with 7 wickets in hand! :hearteyes:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I've been looking back at the India/England hammering (er, series) and came across this gem from Ben Duckett after the 3rd Test (in which he scored 153, entitling him to brag, of course, while England lost).
Get this delusional jaw-dropper:
"“Speaking to reporters at the end of the game, Duckett praised India for emphatically making their way back into the game, praising Jaiswal’s batting but mentioning England’s contribution to his approach.

When you see players from the opposition playing like that, it almost feels like we should take some credit that they’re playing differently than how other people play Test cricket,” Duckett said. “We saw it a bit in the summer and it’s quite exciting to see other players and other teams are also playing that aggressive style of cricket"".

Wow.

So, England has not only invented aggressive Test Cricket in the form of Bazball :oops::rolleyes:, they are currently influencing how other teams/players are playing Test Cricket.
Off the top of my head, I'll bet that Bradman, Garfield Sobers, Viv Richards, Virender Sehwag, Adam Gilchrist/David Hookes/Matthew Hayden and many others might have something to say about that.

P.S. I love that they've 'influenced' India to a 3-1 lead, soon-to-be 4-1 after England is massacred in Dharamsala..

Last edited:
What's in the samosa's? Every time India go off for a break they drop quick wickets!

Name a Australia B and C side, and show me their averages. Won't compare and wont have an near the international experience as us.

Happy to create Indian B and C XI, if you want the exercise

It doesn't matter IMO, with India it's only a matter of time.

The question is whether Aus can maintain their winningness at Test cricket before it a) dies out or b) India become too strong.

It doesn't matter IMO, with India it's only a matter of time.

The question is whether Aus can maintain their winningness at Test cricket before it a) dies out or b) India become too strong.
As long as the Aussies continue to win the final, I'll never hear the end of it at work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been in the NZ/Oz thread, but the current 5th India/England Test is hilarious.
England Bazballed their way from 3/175 to all out 218. As I type, India are 158 ahead with 7 wickets in hand! :hearteyes:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I've been looking back at the India/England hammering (er, series) and came across this gem from Ben Duckett after the 3rd Test (in which he scored 153, entitling him to brag, of course, while England lost).
"“Speaking to reporters at the end of the game, Duckett praised India for emphatically making their way back into the game, praising Jaiswal’s batting but mentioning England’s contribution to his approach.

When you see players from the opposition playing like that, it almost feels like we should take some credit that they’re playing differently than how other people play Test cricket,” Duckett said. “We saw it a bit in the summer and it’s quite exciting to see other players and other teams are also playing that aggressive style of cricket"".

Wow.

So, England has not only invented aggressive Test Cricket in the form of Bazball :oops::rolleyes:, they are currently influencing how other teams/players are playing Test Cricket.
Off the top of my head, I'll bet that Bradman, Garfield Sobers, Viv Richards, Virender Sehwag, Adam Gilchrist/David Hookes/Matthew Hayden and many others might have something to say about that.

P.S. I love that they've 'influenced' India to a 3-1 lead, soon-to-be 4-1 after England is massacred in Dharamsala..

They really didn’t. Yet again you’re confusing mutton with lamb.

England just Englanded their way from three-down to all out.

Earlier on they actually DID bazzball their way into trouble to some degree: Ollie Pope’s dismissal was a brain melt of huge proportions but attributing Root and Stokes being trapped in front meekly to an over aggressive batting approach seems a little inaccurate wouldn’t you say?

Half the dishes on a North Indian menu were created in England anyway, cause the goras get the shits whenever anything is beyond Lemon and Herb on the Nando-scale

I worked for British Airways in the finance division and there were a lot of Indians working there and we had samosas for morning tea,

They beat the hell out of the old sausage rolls and party pies.

Wow.

When Rohit Sharma was asked about the comment Duckett made, he replied stating that Jaiswal was playing a similar game to Rishabh Pant.

Don't understand how a tall bowler in his prime (Robinson) can bowl so much slower than a half crippled mid 30's all rounder.

lol, just remember the fastest ball of the test summer was bowled by a short arse in the penultimate over of a 9(?) over spell in extreme humidity with an injury to his foot that has not allowed him to return to the field a month later

We sent our BBL all stars to play India B in that T20 series post world cup.
I think series was used to see which ones of the BBL could be taken the US, and fill the gaps left by Warner, and maybe Smith and a hopeful non selection of Stionis.

But we are talking Test here , not International hit and giggles

Don't understand how a tall bowler in his prime (Robinson) can bowl so much slower than a half crippled mid 30's all rounder.
It was Gideon on the defunct Cricket Etc podcast who said of Robinson during the Ashes “He has gone for a back scan. They haven’t found a spine.”

It was Gideon on the defunct Cricket Etc podcast who said of Robinson during the Ashes “He has gone for a back scan. They haven’t found a spine.”
Gideon can be a masturbotory wank at times but he's got such a way with words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back