India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to go down that path, Warne was a convicted drug cheat.
Yes he was and he did his time.
Murali could have been no balled out of bowling but most umpires too insipid to call the illegal delivery.

Yes he was and he did his time.
Murali could have been no balled out of bowling but most umpires too insipid to call the illegal delivery.

I like how he goes on about Warne's record in India...what was Murali's in Australia? Was it under triple figures?

Yeah I actually thought the same.
Reckon he needs to come out strong because Kholi always does and his blokes seem to respond reasonably well to it.
Not sure I'd call what we have 'momentum' but was definitely a great effort to save a Test that India would have thought they'd win going into that last day IMO.
More snatched one off them than gained the momentum IMO but certainly makes for a very interesting final and deciding Test.
Personally, I'm just glad the series is still alive and we're not going into a dead rubber 2 or 3 nil down.
Regardless of the final Test result, I think Australia have well and truly exceeded expectations and this has been one of the more enjoyable series I've seen in a long while.
Long live Test Cricket. Will long outlive BBL and other temporary forms.....

I like how he goes on about Warne's record in India...what was Murali's in Australia? Was it under triple figures?

Anything you say about Warne's record can be countered by Murali

Fact remains Murali has more wickets than Warne and thus he's the greatest bowler of all time - stats prove it. Everyone can moan about Warne being the better bowler, but he's not the GOAT because he doesn't have the highest amount of wickets to back up the claim :).

Long live Test Cricket. Will long outlive BBL and other temporary forms.....

T20 has it's place but I DON'T want to see test matches shafted just so people get more into T20's.

Anything you say about Warne's record can be countered by Murali

Fact remains Murali has more wickets than Warne and thus he's the greatest bowler of all time - stats c prove it. Everyone can moan about Warne being the better bowler, but he's not the GOAT because he doesn't have the highest amount of wickets to back up the claim :).
download.jpeg

Warne did have the disadvantage of actually having to bowl the bal to get his wickets.

Also didnt play Bangers in a million tests.

Warne easily GOAT of all spinners.

You forgot the mighty Zimbots! 176 wickets against those two sides! Dead set any half decent bowler would have got wickets against those sides back then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole "Let's test Murali" scientific thing had one fatal flaw. He was bowling in the nets, not in a Test match in Sydney or Galle.

Very, very easy to bowl differently to pass tests in the nets.

It's like anyone who has a driving test in the back streets with an instructor next to them. Do you think they drive like they normally do, or stick to 5 kms under the speed limit and make sure they indicate at every corner?

When they did a blanket check on everyone, it wasn't based on the nets though.

The Australians have handled Kohli perfectly (except for a short period at the end of the 2nd test).

Pretty much ignore him and he becomes insignificant.

Allow him to fire up and he becomes a world beater. His fire is driven only through confrontation which is why he runs his mouth and tries to draw a response.

Kudos to Smith and the Aussies for not biting.

The Australians have handled Kohli perfectly (except for a short period at the end of the 2nd test).

Pretty much ignore him and he becomes insignificant.

Allow him to fire up and he becomes a world beater. His fire is driven only through confrontation which is why he runs his mouth and tries to draw a response.

Kudos to Smith and the Aussies for not biting.
Loved Handscomb trolling Kohli by not even nothering to run when he could have strolled through for two.

Was a perfect way to treat with distain his idiocy of playing on when nothing to gain.

Really think that was a petfect backhand to the Delhi deadshit.

Show should learn from that and the captain. Words are cheap. Let your bat do the talking and DD looks like an even bigger flog.

Who cant wait for India to tour? Can you imagine the fear of facing Starc, Cummins, Patto and Hazlewood on some nice bouncy greentop.

Would make the Poms look positively brave in 2013

Xtreme is trolling.

Sitting back with his papadums.

Actually no I believe in what I type :)

Really think that was a petfect backhand to the Delhi deadshit.

Show should learn from that and the captain. Words are cheap. Let your bat do the talking and DD looks like an even bigger flog.

Calling him a flog is acceptable, calling him the first thing is a bit racist!

When they did a blanket check on everyone, it wasn't based on the nets though.

When the Murali apologists wheel out their evidence, it's all "he was scientifically tested" and then they show the footage of him bowling in the nets. As for the blanket check, it's never mentioned, meaning it wasn't that conclusive or scientifically based, otherwise THAT would become the yardstick for his legal action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back