Preview Ins and Outs v a promising EDFL club - RD 10, 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mention Gulden and Rowbottom. Neither looked ready for senior midfield time in their first season. But they were ready for the contest. When it came time to put their body on the line or lay a tackle or make a contest, they were up to it, even if that contest was out on a wing or a flank or a forward pocket. Their tackles stuck and when they won the ball, good luck stealing it off them. Sheldrick a few weeks ago just looked a bit too soft in that regard. Not soft as in lacking courage or the like. Just unable to have any kind of physicality. I think when he turns that fat into muscle mass as you mention, that will change.

I might've given him a go in Rowbottom's tackling role this week, but even then, you've actually got to be strong enough to do it.

Regarding your last point, I think it's the most prudent, and the one I've said for weeks. He is tough but not clean. Why would we need two of those players in our midfield when we already have one in Parker?

utter tosh … spent his time consigned to the forward pocket

Horse has lost the will to win, preferring the will to not lose.

Why by the way does his son who has shown little keep getting a run in the 2s?

utter tosh … spent his time consigned to the forward pocket

Horse has lost the will to win, preferring the will to not lose.

Why by the way does his son who has shown little keep getting a run in the 2s?
Indeed, he was in the forward pocket a lot, so I wouldn't judge Sheldrick on his disposal count, or his clearance count.

I think it is fair to judge him on how he handles the contests he was involved in. Stephens & McInerney were winning the ball out on the wing, but when the time came for them to make an impact on a contest they failed to do so and both were dropped.

Sheldrick is the obvious choice as sub I would have thought….

I agree, Angus almost certainly will by sub

Happy Dyl is back and hope he gets more inside time.

And super excited to see a 22 year old 209cm homegrown ruck. When was the last time we blooded a ruckman so young, so tall or so local? What’s not to love

And, obiter dictum, goof to see Gould getting a bit of continuity and Francis too staying in the backline

In all the extenuating circumstances, pretty chuffed with selection tonight.

Genuinely think Wicks is a better option as a burst impact sub, playing the same role we had Sheather play
He is a better option when fit for sure.
Has only played one VFL game after a long layoff with injury though. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was sub still.

I agree, Angus almost certainly will by sub

Happy Dyl is back and hope he gets more inside time.

And super excited to see a 22 year old 209cm homegrown ruck. When was the last time we blooded a ruckman so young, so tall or so local? What’s not to love

And, obiter dictum, goof to see Gould getting a bit of continuity and Francis too staying in the backline

In all the extenuating circumstances, pretty chuffed with selection tonight.
I actually thought he was a little older than 22 for some reason!

Seems an odd thing to say.. but I think we are going in too tall.. we are slow and inflexible enough up front as it is.. only need one of Ladhams/McAndrew imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 RUCKS

GIF by Giphy QA

I want McAndrew to hold the ball up above Goldsteins head and go na na na na na, you'll never get this, you'll never get this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back