International Summer of Cricket 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing that the NZ ODI series has been postponed once again, it would have been a more competitive series than the Sri Lanka one.

Black Caps running scared I see

Blame the NZ govt not the Black Caps, they probably would have had to do 2 weeks quarantine back in NZ after the series or something even more ridiculous.

In a lot of ways, outside finances, the cancellation/postponement is not a bad thing. ODI players actually get to play Shield cricket before (and during) the Pakistan tour. They can build form, push for selection, etc, in First Class cricket. Those who reckon Maxwell should be in the frame should be glad he gets a chance to show it. (And, I admit, to having him a strong chance for some subcontinent tours; but nowhere else; because others who are better in most conditions fall behind him for Asia.)

They really need to arrange a 3 game Aus v Aus A series.

Some of my favourite younger Cricket memories was barracking for Aus A.

We have the depth, may uncover a few gems, nothing to lose.
The Australian team still talk about the shock and hurt of having Australian people wanting them to lose.

There will never be an Australia vs Australia A ever again and people need to get over it.

With the NZ series cancelled there is now a 2 week gap between the BBL finishing and the Sri Lanka 5 match T20 tour starting on the 11th of Feb. Maybe they could play a 3 match ODI series against SL instead in this window?

Last edited:
With the NZ series cancelled there is now a 2 week gap between the BBL finishing and the Sri Lanka 5 match ODI tour starting on the 11th of Feb. Maybe they could play a 3 match ODI series against SL instead in this window?

Let us have a strong focus on the Shield instead.

Well its not like Australia haven't pulled out of any tours previously. CA cant really complain too much even if sounds petty from the NZ government.

With the NZ series cancelled there is now a 2 week gap between the BBL finishing and the Sri Lanka 5 match ODI tour starting on the 11th of Feb. Maybe they could play a 3 match ODI series against SL instead in this window?
We need to fit in 5 3 match ODI series to fulfil our matches in the Super League and subsequently World Cup qualifying before March 2023 (unfortunately none of which are against Sri Lanka). Plus a T20 World Cup and 3 Test tours of Asia without impacting on the IPL windows.

I reckon they'll take this time to let the players rest and you can't blame them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to fit in 5 3 match ODI series to fulfil our matches in the Super League and subsequently World Cup qualifying before March 2023 (unfortunately none of which are against Sri Lanka). Plus a T20 World Cup and 3 Test tours of Asia without impacting on the IPL windows.

I reckon they'll take this time to let the players rest and you can't blame them.
The FTP, at least the version on the ICC site, has 2 Tests and 5 ODIs in Sri Lanka. I know that is not always the latest, and not updated with covid-shifted schedules.

We could, in theory, play the home leg of the Chappell-Hadlee in the top end after the SL tour. NZ seem to have a gap as well over July-August. Darwin, Townsville, Cairns. Its not as good for Fox, as people's focus is on the two large local types of football, but something.

3 50 over matches won’t hurt anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back