Is Geelong-Richmond the new Geelong-Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

F*ck that is a funny photo. The campaigner on the left in the foreground seems to have borrowed Shakin Stevens' hair.

The funniest part is they had to sneak on stage at a Wiggles concert to make it look like anyone gives a f*ck about their badly stained flag. And there is still lucky to be more than about 107 people there.

What a sad club.

Legitimate laugh out loud. This win is getting more and more sweet. Never anticipated how upset supporters of a team that just scraped into the finals could get.

Legitimate laugh out loud. This win is getting more and more sweet. Never anticipated how upset supporters of a team that just scraped into the finals could get.

Upset is such a weak word.

I would say rather that I am seething.

Seething Geelong moved up to 3 Premierships below Richmond.

Seething Geelong managed to avoid us in the finals series, and nobody here should need reminding of Richmond’s recent record against Geelong in the biggest of games.

Seething the world moved on from Geelong winning the flag within 5 minutes so we didn’t have to listen to Chris Scott’s complex yet vague explanations about “doubling down” and giving themselves a chance to be humiliated in the finals every single season.

When seeking to seeth, I do not look at the things you look at brother Smedts. For you look at outward appearances. I look at the heart of the matter. 😁

Your team has not beaten Geelong once this decade. Talk about relevance deprivation.

I have never been as bitter as you are over any team winning the AFL premiership, Richmond included. Its simply unhealthy and unhelpful

Seething Geelong moved up to 3 Premierships below Richmond.

Seething Geelong managed to avoid us in the finals series, and nobody here should need reminding of Richmond’s recent record against Geelong in the biggest of games.

Seething the world moved on from Geelong winning the flag within 5 minutes so we didn’t have to listen to Chris Scott’s complex yet vague explanations about “doubling down” and giving themselves a chance to be humiliated in the finals every single season.

When seeking to seeth, I do not look at the things you look at brother Smedts. For you look at outward appearances. I look at the heart of the matter. 😁

Maybe I should have used “relevance deprivation syndrome”. I don’t care how many flags you won in the zoning cheat years.

Your team has not beaten Geelong once this decade. Talk about relevance deprivation.

I have never been as bitter as you are over any team winning the AFL premiership, Richmond included. Its simply unhealthy and unhelpful

Your team has not beaten Richmond once when it has really mattered in the last decade.

And the reason you have not been bitter about Richmond smashing your relatively insignificant club in finals on the way to 3 recent flags is not because you are not a bitter person, it is because Richmond are an admirable club, exciting to watch, fair in all dealings, earn our free kicks, don’t rely on corrupting the governing body with club plants making up rules and adjudications to order, and we have a great theme song you love listening to, a wonderful jumper and our supporters are well balanced, fair minded and humble. 😁

But if you don’t think a little bitterness is good, then you haven’t tried one of my delightful fresh lime and sparklings with ice. And not the Geelong type of ice either. 😎

Your team has not beaten Richmond once when it has really mattered in the last decade.

😎
That's the difference. To get to the Grand Final you need to win a certain number of games (not slip into the 8 like Richmond and pray to God you don't stuff it up like you did with the Daniher goal that eliminated Richmond). So yes, every game really matters.

Anyway, enough of your crap. I need to read up about Pick 7 in the ND that Geelong has just been gifted....

Maybe I should have used “relevance deprivation syndrome”. I don’t care how many flags you won in the zoning cheat years.

Using relevance to measure a club with 100k members is fine with me Smedts. 😁.

And we didn’t cheat the zones, we just used some early equalisation strategies to make things fair after the VFL shafted us by not keeping to their word over zone rotation. 😉

That's the difference. To get to the Grand Final you need to win a certain number of games (not slip into the 8 like Richmond and pray to God you don't stuff it up like you did with the Daniher goal that eliminated Richmond). So yes, every game really matters.

Anyway, enough of your crap. I need to read up about Pick 7 in the ND that Geelong has just been gifted....

No, you paid for that fair and square out of the salary cap space you saved by “assisting” your players to acquire certain property holdings. Another one of your club’s rorts. It is why no matter how much sugar soap or White King you use, you will never remove the massive stain on your most recent flag.

Last edited:
Using relevance to measure a club with 100k members is fine with me Smedts. 😁.

And we didn’t cheat the zones, we just used some early equalisation strategies to make things fair after the VFL shafted us by not keeping to their word over zone rotation. 😉

Number of members is a fine way to assess clubs. Shame you're lost 5% of your members this year.

No, you paid for that fair and square out of the salary cap space you saved by “assisting” your players to acquire certain property holdings. Another one of your club’s rorts. It is why no matter how much sugar soap or White King you use, you will never remove he massive stain on your most recent flag.
No bigger stain than winning a lightning cup and calling it a premiership but do go off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, you paid for that fair and square out of the salary cap space you saved by “assisting” your players to acquire certain property holdings. Another one of your club’s rorts. It is why no matter how much sugar soap or White King you use, you will never remove he massive stain on your most recent flag.

I don’t bother too much with your fairly obvious agitating but I find this very funny having literally just this minute watched Nathan Brown talk about his move to Richmond on an Open Mike episode and mentioned the lure of property deals

I don’t bother too much with your fairly obvious agitating but I find this very funny having literally just this minute watched Nathan Brown talk about his move to Richmond on an Open Mike episode and mentioned the lure of property deals

Our lack of success at that time is proof enough we were on the level. 😉

Or hang on, maybe there is a massive stain over one of our 9th placed finishes. 😁

Where was Richmond during the games that mattered this season?

Organising to overpay for Taranto? Rejoicing over having Hopper change tact...

Thanks for the Hopper steal by the way.... getting him off us opened up the door for Bowes and Pick 7. Cheers for that. WAY bette deal for us and only cost a FR3

The Hawks, our rival, would never do such a thing to assist us getting better. So go back and takes some notes about how to not help out a team. Rivals dont assist the other team to get better.

Go Catters

Hawthorn failed to beat us for 5 years after we lost a grand final to them. Richmond have failed to beat us for 2 years (and counting) after we lost a grand final to them.

The rivalry with Hawthorn is obviously no longer there since they've become irrelevant but the rivalry with Richmond is there, especially as they're enjoying a little run at the top while we continue to sit at the top, dominating and racking up top 4 finishes as we've been doing for nigh on 20 years now.

Selwood and Hawkins were at the club when the players made a famous pact to never lose to Hawthorn again after the 2008 grand final, and I wouldn't be surprised if these two lead a player driven pact never to lose to Richmond again after the 2020 grand final.

The only thing missing is Brendon Gale coming out and saying we don't have the quality of some of Richmond's players and that Richmond have beaten us when it matters.
No.

My hatred for Hawthorn far exceeds Richmond.

Richmond are just a rabble that have only been half decent for 5 years.

impossible to have a rivalry with anyone you dominate when the whips are r crackin....i'll give yas an education that matters for free on the tigers ok
fellow football devotees.....Carlton is the ONLY club to beat Richmond in a Gf in our 11 appearences covering almost 60 years
they are our only true rivals,always have been,always will be unless sumthin drastic happens,Geelong wish,thats the extent of it
we own em all when it comes to the crunch (xcept Hawthorn) thats why im so desperate to see us face off against that mob(Blues) once again,pls let it be in 2023:)

impossible to have a rivalry with anyone you dominate when the whips are r crackin....i'll give yas an education that matters for free on the tigers ok
fellow football devotees.....Carlton is the ONLY club to beat Richmond in a Gf in our 11 appearences covering almost 60 years
they are our only true rivals,always have been,always will be unless sumthin drastic happens,Geelong wish,thats the extent of it
we own em all when it comes to the crunch (xcept Hawthorn) thats why im so desperate to see us face off against that mob(Blues) once again,pls let it be in 2023:)
I'll give you a quick little lesson. 1. Try correcting your s**t grammar. You're not sending a text message. 2. The majority of Geelong don't care about any "rivalry" with Richmond. Richmond was only relevant between 2017 and 2020.

So all the games you lose when your season is on the line - you win them all yeah?

you own them all yet only have 3* AFL premierships? How does that work?

Where was Richmond during the games that mattered this season?

Organising to overpay for Taranto? Rejoicing over having Hopper change tact...

Thanks for the Hopper steal by the way.... getting him off us opened up the door for Bowes and Pick 7. Cheers for that. WAY bette deal for us and only cost a FR3

The Hawks, our rival, would never do such a thing to assist us getting better. So go back and takes some notes about how to not help out a team. Rivals dont assist the other team to get better.

Go Catters
Hawthorn helped us get Selwood and for that * up you should be eternally grateful.

No.

My hatred for Hawthorn far exceeds Richmond.

Richmond are just a rabble that have only been half decent for 5 years.
Half decent? Disrespectful to the best side of the past 6 years.

As soon as a 2023 premier is declared - they’re the best side of the last 10 years. 2013-2022 has a Hawks threepeat but 2014-2023 does not.

Absolutely - vying for best wins of the trade period now. And also no one wants to touch Hawthorn with a barge pole at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back